Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Is it just a Winnipeg thing, where he doesn't want to sign and play there. Or is it that he wishes to choose his own destination, by leveraging the option to not sign and playout his college career?
It sounds like he is seeking a guaranteed spot on the Jets NHL team without having to play in the AHL and the Jets wouldn't agree to it. Kind of a dick move on his part if true.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Z
Are teams able to speak to him and his agent to have a handshake agreement that he won't pull the same shit if they trade for him? Or will he bolt to the Rangers or whatever regardless?
Zero chance a team would pay up enough to get Chevy to pull the trigger without officially or unofficially getting info from the Rutger camp.....Lots of ways to do that....but will they sit down and interview Rutger before a trade? Nope can't see it.

Sleeper Shark

Jun 28, 2018
Antarctica
Jets aren't giving you a blue chip prospect to move up 22 spots on the draft, lmfao
It's not really just about that, though, is it? Clearing cap space has a defined cost. Not saying that it would happen in this way (and now that the Sharks have traded up for 11OA for 14 OA and 42 OA, it almost assuredly won't), but whether you like it or not, the Jets will have to (Jet)tison some players to stay under the cap for the coming season.

In the general sense, does sending out Schmidt with no buyout or retention allow them to keep Ehlers? How much is that worth?

Would you be into that? Oh wait, IDGAF. (lmfao)

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
It's not really just about that, though, is it? Clearing cap space has a defined cost. Not saying that it would happen in this way (and now that the Sharks have traded up for 11OA for 14 OA and 42 OA, it almost assuredly won't), but whether you like it or not, the Jets will have to (Jet)tison some players to stay under the cap for the coming season.

In the general sense, does sending out Schmidt with no buyout or retention allow them to keep Ehlers? How much is that worth?

Would you be into that? Oh wait, IDGAF. (lmfao)
I don't think were up against the cap as much as you think we are

Reactions: SCP Guy and Buffdog

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Here

That's not even all of them either, I just got bored of looking
I'm a Habs fan and I agree with you. But you're also not getting Guhle or Huston like other people suggested.

Middle ground and comparable to the other trades you posted is probably something like your 1st back + Mailloux?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm pretty sure Boston doesn't have any assets that would get Rutger. Few appropriate prospects, #25 won't cut it, and no roster players that they'd willingly trade that we want. That's an odd one.
I wonder if Boston would part with Poitras for him, and how Winnipeg would feel about Poitras addressing the 2C need.

Minnesota would likely be willing to trade the 13th pick outright, especially if it was to the Winnipeg Jets for the University of Michigan standout Rutger McGroarty. There’s no doubt the Wild, like many teams, have been talking to the Jets about the 2022 14th pick, who reportedly doesn’t want to sign with Winnipeg.
Please, I would still add #45 to make sure it gets done

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I wonder if Boston would part with Poitras for him, and how Winnipeg would feel about Poitras addressing the 2C need.

Please, I would still add #45 to make sure it gets done
I hate the idea of Rutger playing for the wild lol.

Although if it happens it would be one of the biggest heel turns ever for our fanbase which would be kind of fun.

We all fell in love with him after he said all the right things the past 2 years - then he pulls this and plays his agitator style on the ice for one of our most hated rivals. The storyline is there haha

Reactions: Eyeseeing

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
I'm a Habs fan and I agree with you. But you're also not getting Guhle or Huston like other people suggested.

Middle ground and comparable to the other trades you posted is probably something like your 1st back + Mailloux?
I'm rather curious as to the Jet's response to a trade proposal to the effect of:

To Winnipeg
Arber Xhekaj
2024 1st (26th)

To Montreal
Rutger McGroarty

To many teams (whether or not they are correct in their assessment), Xhekaj probably has more value given prevailing opinions regarding his physical tools and attitude.

Edit: To be clear, here, I think that the value is way off given that Xhekaj does not add much at all; however, his kind of player is overpaid and overrated all the time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: VanillaCoke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad