Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Kraken 3 in OT

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I have liked KC's game this year. He's tracking back much harder and he's more assertive in winning pucks in the ozone.

Mark was a bit soft on some defensive plays last night though, and there is a reason Arniel elected to have that line sit one shift. They need to dial it in a bit in their end and shorten their shifts a bit. But they are playing pretty solidly as a whole for the most part.

It's really Gabe and the top pairing that need to raise their play a bit. I think everyone else is going pretty well.

I have to say Stanley has settled in well in the third pairing.
I saw one play on the pk where Connor lost possession on an attempted exit and he slammed his stick on the boards.

I think that Arniel giving him that PK responsibility really sparked something in him. He's slight of body so he's not going to ever be dominant on the boards or defensively, but I love the passion and effort from KFC.

Thats the one thing I love about Ehlers, he might turn the puck over but his effort level to get back and break plays up is just as furious as his offensive effort.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
what? you mean we weren't going to play 82 games of perfect hockey? give me a f***ing break..
I do not think the issue is playing 82 perfect games or even finishing first or second. It is does this team have the pieces to excel in the playoffs. They have proven to be solid in the regular season. It is a great start but is it sustainable all year??

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
55/81 have never been take the body first guys .... they are not power forwards but I can live with that their playmaking is pretty good.
One bad sequence in the 2nd Mark was out for a very long time but it was not totally his fault he had to stay out there while his linemates changed he was on the other ice of the ice trying to hold fort.
The only thing I don't like about Stanley and teams will be exposing it very shortly he doesn't carry the puck he gets it and stands still looking to dish it off. I couple passes yesterday were bad ... passes it 3 feet away when a Kraken player is right there forechecking. I'll chalk it up for now to being rusty.
Speaking of raising their game ... who gets the taking it to the next level award on the Jets ... I like a few Jets, Perfetti. Pionk, Samberg ... the future looks bright.
Maybe the Jets should sign Pionk to one year contracts.

To stay in Stanley is going to have to show he can handle Arniel's breakout scheme. He does have that tendency to sit still and go through hos progressions. That will have to work its way out of his game.

My big criteria for this group to stay in contention was for Perfetti and Snerg to step into impact roles and contribute. So far so good on that.

The other was for someone to grab that bottom pairing role and run with it. Still TBD on that one.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
The funniest part about starting 7-0 is that as some point, we're gonna eventually lose one... and in my brain I can list the posters that are gonna be saying shit like "see, it's unsustainable for your top line to lose their matchups"

They'd say it even if we end up winning 20 in a row before losing
Yup, the Jets have something like 157 GM’s.

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
55/81 have never been take the body first guys .... they are not power forwards but I can live with that their playmaking is pretty good.
One bad sequence in the 2nd Mark was out for a very long time but it was not totally his fault he had to stay out there while his linemates changed he was on the other ice of the ice trying to hold fort.
The only thing I don't like about Stanley and teams will be exposing it very shortly he doesn't carry the puck he gets it and stands still looking to dish it off. I couple passes yesterday were bad ... passes it 3 feet away when a Kraken player is right there forechecking. I'll chalk it up for now to being rusty.
Speaking of raising their game ... who gets the taking it to the next level award on the Jets ... I like a few Jets, Perfetti. Pionk, Samberg ... the future looks bright.
Maybe the Jets should sign Pionk to one year contracts.
Agree about Stanley and his passes and lack of "lugging" the puck up the ice. It's what? Three games in for him? And he still has trouble making a simple pass? He's been practici g the whole time. Right? I'll take Fleury. Actually, semi-surprised he has drawn back in yet. I guess as long as Jets are winning...

Reactions: raideralex99

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The way I look at being 7-0 isn't that it's a great streak ( and it is ) but as wins now mean you can have a bit of a slide later and still make the playoffs.

7-0.... 14 points

75 games left, Even if the Jets were to play just .500 for the rest of the season add those 75 points to the 14 they already have.... that's 89 points. Almost enough for the playoffs. And I think we can say the Jets will be a little better than just .500... so playoffs it is. :nod:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
The way I look at being 7-0 isn't that it's a great streak ( and it is ) but as wins now mean you can have a bit of a slide later and still make the playoffs.

7-0.... 14 points

75 games left, Even if the Jets were to play just .500 for the rest of the season add those 75 points to the 14 they already have.... that's 89 points. Almost enough for the playoffs. And I think we can say the Jets will be a little better than just .500... so playoffs it is. :nod:

This is a great way of looking at it. So rational and calm of an explanation. Hard for me to believe I read it on HFBoards :laugh:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Not our best game, but, good teams find a way to win!

rosemary-wrestler.gif

rosemary-decay.gif

rosemary-bye-bye-bye.gif

Reactions: Stumbledore

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

7-0.... 14 points

Exactly, the more we get now the less we will have to get down the stretch. It takes some pressure off the group.

Having said that, I clearly want a seeded spot going into the playoffs so they need to keep up the good play and clean up the areas they need to clean up.

Reactions: cbcwpg

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Agree about Stanley and his passes and lack of "lugging" the puck up the ice. It's what? Three games in for him? And he still has trouble making a simple pass? He's been practici g the whole time. Right? I'll take Fleury. Actually, semi-surprised he has drawn back in yet. I guess as long as Jets are winning...
Bro - he hasn't been practicing the whole time. He had meniscus surgery.

Please give him more than 3 games. He has a pretty decent first pass usually

Reactions: BarnabyJones PI

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

7-0.... 14 points

I’m not worried … I have seen enough of the Jets this year to realize they have a good team which includes the coaches. Good special teams coaching does matter. The only thing that can hurt the Jets is major injuries but that goes for every team.

Reactions: Finster8

Royale With Cheese

----
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006

7-0.... 14 points

Interesting that the top 3 teams in the NHL right now are all in the Central - Jets, Stars, and the Wild. We haven't' even lost yet and they're each only 2 points behind. That's nuts.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

7-0.... 14 points

Great analysis. Unless of course this is the year that NHL goes to Premiere League rules. Then they'd be screwed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad