Post-Game Talk: Jets 4 - Kraken 3 in OT

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Now I'm just speechless. Well actually I have a lot to say. The Kraken outplayed the jets although only marginally. I'm so glad it was Ehlers who scored. The team needs him to be a star player. Tough game for Scheifele. He's always looking for offense in the D zone. This game is a chilling reminder that the jets could actually lose a game.

Whis

Jul 1, 2016
First game that I missed 2.5 periods. Happy to wake up to another w.

Hype train going to rolling into HNIC on Saturday and then if we win Toronto in town on Prime. Exciting times.

Feel like Saturday is good time to put Fleury/Gus back in.

Reactions: macmaroon

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Haven't been able to watch much this week. Could only catch the first period and a bit. Thought it was a pretty even game from what I saw. Glad to see the Jets grab the dub ultimately.

1729861147436.gif

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Jets struggled quite a bit with puck control and management, but I think a lot of that was due to the way Seattle were pressuring us all over the ice. They played a helluva game.

We're starting to see how Arniels deployment is different from Bowness. He's not afraid to send a message, switch things up, and put players in different positions. I really like it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kupari sit for the next one. Overall he's been playing well but you can't make that soft chip in your zone when you're under pressure with 6 minutes left and your team up by one. You can see he was trying to retain possession but at that point you need to flip it high and live to fight another day.

If Ehlers stays healthy I think this might be the year he contributes in the post season. Will he be an own rental?

If Niederraiter could keep this offensive consistency up it really will help the team.

Id still love to see what a Nino Vilardi flip would look like for 10 or so games. Nino could help grind and break up cycles that the top line struggles with mightily, as well as getting to the front of the net. Vilardi could give the 3rd line some more scoring punch

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Really nice to win games like this when it doesn't seem like you're playing your A game.

Glad to see Vilardi get one, hopefully that helps get him going.

Reactions: macmaroon

Moloch

Mar 15, 2024
Ill admit I was skeptical about Arniel coming into the season but after 7 games I'm really liking how dynamic of a coach he is. Bones was a good coach but too much of a stickler, you've gotta think that Arniel saw his opportunity coming before Bones retired, probably way ahead of time. That gave him plenty of time to deduce what worked well and what didn't.

Thats 3 games now where we've trailed after the first, and come back firing on all cylinders (mostly) through the second and third, playing a different game altogether. That is a sign of a coach who identifies when adjustments need to be made, rather than trying to force something out of his team that has an odd chance of working. Sure, its the beginning of the season and we're bound to get cold at some point but starting off strong is giving everyone on the team the confidence to change their game, adapt, and keep it rolling

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Really nice to win games like this when it doesn't seem like you're playing your A game.

Glad to see Vilardi get one, hopefully that helps get him going.
Sure Vilardi scored but he still looks slow out there and isn’t winning puck battles so he can’t even get the puck to hang on to it in the O zone! Sure not the same player he was last season!

Reactions: GNP and Bigfish

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Good road win. Watched the game on fast forward for the most part but we have played pretty similar for the 1st 7 games which is a good sign. I always thought if this team got special teams going we would be really dangerous

Reactions: sipowicz

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Sure Vilardi scored but he still looks slow out there and isn’t winning puck battles so he can’t even get the puck to hang on to it in the O zone! Sure not the same player he was last season!
Agreed. I made a similar comment after the last game I think. Vilardi looks to be playing the slowest IMO.

Reactions: sipowicz

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Wow i did not expect 7-0... highlights looked like a hard fought game

All lines seem to be clicking - not complaining

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Agreed. I made a similar comment after the last game I think. Vilardi looks to be playing the slowest IMO.

Yeah, he hasn't really found his game yet. But even then he's more of a complimentary type skilled player anyhow. He's never really been much of an offensive play or chance driver. He's good along board, in the done, and can hold pucks up, but he's predominantly a finisher that is reliant on his linemates to create chances for him.

He scores in the paint with his size and reach in a way we don't have in the top 6 so he has a lot of value. But I put him a clear 5 in terms of all around offensive impact in our top 6.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
First of all, I would like to thank @Jets 31 for posting the GDT for yesterday's game (even though he spelled Kraken wrong). Oops...:sarcasm:

It was a very long day of driving for me, but I managed to watch the first period before I had to get some shuteye. Seattle looked very good and had the Jets running around and off of their game. It certainly looked like a good test for our guys and adjustments are in order.

When I woke up this morning, I was glad to see that the Jets prevailed and are still undefeated! That's quite and accomplishment, considering the tough opponent they played. I watched the game recap and I give it three "sevens" out of five...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Calgary Lames has been posted for your guesses. A big shout out to @Section 325 who will be making the GDT for that game. We are all looking forward to it! See you guys on Saturday...

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad