Post-Game Talk: Jets 2 Coliers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I can see the "big cost" the Jets have incurred by trading their previous years 1st round picks, for "rentals" like Kevin Hayes, and Stastny. You can clearly see the lack of depth this causes when you have to acquire wire waiver players like Gagner, and many others. Our 3rd and 4 th lines do not have much depth right now, although the Swedish meatball line is not bad, but not great either, other than a pure checking line. I think your better off to wait, and keep your first round picks, and build depth for the future.

The best forward the Jets have drafted over that time was the Gus Bus, and people here are already complaining about his lack of offensive talent in the NHL. This is the cost of chasing a cup. Some teams have that talent and luck where they can get away with trading away 1sts all the time. The Jets don't, so the margins are higher and more thin.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
I don't know about other posters, but of all the "backfill players" the Jets are using right now, I'm most impressed by Kuhlman ( #20 ) He made a beautiful play last night, and cut across the Oiler net, and Campbell made a great toe save, just barely caught that puck. Kuhlman is fast, and a good stickhandler, and not a bad playmaker, and I think he'll be our new Tanev. If only he could get his hands working and score more, he'd be a real winner.
Well said.

I watched his highlight reels from over the years, he has hands of stone, but I'm just as impressed as you are with everything else that he brings to the table. He brings a certain spark that's necessary, and hard to ignore.

Reactions: GNP

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Yup they were downright salty, that being said I learned a long time ago never to comment in the other teams PGT, even the I come in peace triggers a few of them who in all probability are not very nice people outside of the forums.

I guess that depends on the person and/or board.

I wound up posting in their PGT about Kostin going into the boards, saying how I cringed when I saw it, and hoped for a speedy recovery. Granted, I purposely didn't read any other posts, but since my post wasn't quoted, I take that to mean I didn't annoy anyone.

Generally, I avoid it myself unless there's a good reason (only other time this season was in the Canes GDT when I was in Carolina, telling them what a nice place it was to visit. Man, some of the restaurants I ate at where pretty awesome).

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Some of us were calling for a trade as soon as we saw that they were trying to rotate Appleton, Gagner, Menalainen etc. into that top line role. They were already thin on right wing before Ehlers was injured. The Jets had a surplus of D, and were thin on forwards. It was a good time to do it to help insulate the team and push depth down. Now look where they're at because Cheveldayoff decided to ride it out and trust fate.
I think if anyone was available that would have helped more then just the short term they would have made a move, doubt any team is moving good players this far away from the deadline unless they get a really good offer that would make it worth it this early, the players we likely would have gotten would be players like drouin/dadonov and then we would need to go into ltir and wouldn't be able to do much at the deadline. which d would you like trade, schmidt, dillon, pionk? the teams that would be looking to add those players can't afford to add them without sending cap back making it much more complicated or they would have to wait until the trade deadline after they accrued enough cap space

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I wound up posting in their PGT about Kostin going into the boards, saying how I cringed when I saw it, and hoped for a speedy recovery. Granted, I purposely didn't read any other posts, but since my post wasn't quoted, I take that to mean I didn't annoy anyone.

Generally, I avoid it myself unless there's a good reason (only other time was in the Canes GDT when I was in Carolina, telling them what a nice place it was to visit. Man, some of the restaurants I ate at where pretty awesome).
Ya they still didn't like you going in there.:laugh:

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Sportsnet announcer sounded like he was going to :eek::eek::eek::eek: every time McDavid touched the puck. Wonder how many kleenexes he went through last night.

Anyway, nice to get a clean 2 points on the road with our depleted roster. Sometimes wins look ugly like that one.. but the team showed a lot of heart fighting for pucks and blocking shots in the 6 on 4 PK at the end.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Yup they were downright salty, that being said I learned a long time ago never to comment in the other teams PGT, even the I come in peace triggers a few of them who in all probability are not very nice people outside of the forums.
Your right on, as I went on there last night and left a polite comment, and even wished them a Happy New Year, and got blasted by some of their drunk red neck fans that were up late last night. Helle spoiled their party - sore losers. :biglaugh:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Ya they still didn't like you going in there.:laugh:

d8b7708e-4c35-4a42-8c53-f413a88227d7_text.gif

:laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Some of us were calling for a trade as soon as we saw that they were trying to rotate Appleton, Gagner, Menalainen etc. into that top line role. They were already thin on right wing before Ehlers was injured. The Jets had a surplus of D, and were thin on forwards. It was a good time to do it to help insulate the team and push depth down. Now look where they're at because Cheveldayoff decided to ride it out and trust fate.

Well, like I said, they were riding it out pretty successfully until it got to Perfetti. Given how successful they were being it looked like a good decision by Chevy. And of course, we don't know what the price would have been.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Whenever somebody leads with the "I come in peace" qualifier, I give a massive wanking motion. I don't care who you are or where you come from, but the last thing I want to hear about is you giving us false platitudes about losing a tight game, and that we have a bright future ahead. I assure you that nobody is interested in being cordial or civil, so either contribute without tipping your hand, or just browse.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB

Generally, I avoid it myself unless there's a good reason (only other time this season was in the Canes GDT when I was in Carolina, telling them what a nice place it was to visit. Man, some of the restaurants I ate at where pretty awesome).
A few of their more saltier Neanderthal's took issue with the Come in Peace start to your post but more liked your post. I don't think people should be offended by offering a speedy recovery for an injured player but for me another teams PGT thread is a no go to post on.

Dale53130

Nov 10, 2019
I'm glad that Cheveldayoff isn't doing anything drastic; trade from a position of strength. We're 10 games over .500, doing very good in the standings, and other GM's could think that we're desperate to pull the trigger on something. In a way, it's interesting to see that there's competition for the bottom six, and hopefully through this rough patch of having to play M*A*S*H, that the cream of the crop will rise to the top. If anything, this period should help galvanize the team. I was very impressed for many reasons last night.

Something's been off with Appleton since we re-acquired him last year. The version from 2 seasons ago improved his skating (drastically), was making great strides by the game, and looked like one of our better players in the playoffs (IMO). I'm higher on him than most people, and I'm hoping that he's fully healed from whatever it is that's been bothering over that period of time.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I
A few of their more saltier Neanderthal's took issue with the Come in Peace start to your post but more liked your post. I don't think people should be offended by offering a speedy recovery for an injured player but for me another teams PGT thread is a no go to post on.
If we lose to Calgary tomorrow the Oilers board will be pissed.:laugh:

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Karson Kuhlman : "He's fast, he works hard, has surprisingly good hands, has never scored much of anything ever anywere and can't finish, and I've never heard of him until we claimed him but he's intriguing at the young age of 27"

Jesse Puljujarvi : "He's fast, works hard, has surprisingly good hands, has scored well outside the NHL but can't score and can't finish in the NHL, and he's weird and "European", he doesn't act how I think people should act, and he's old at 24. Ew, no interest".

The waiver love on this forum will never stop being funny.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2023.gif

I'd like to wish all my fellow posters a happy and successful new year, going forward. We don't always agree on all points, but respect each others comments. I wish you all good health, and look forward to the upcoming year.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Karson Kuhlman : "He's fast, he works hard, has surprisingly good hands, has never scored much of anything ever anywere and can't finish, and I've never heard of him until we claimed him but he's intriguing at the young age of 27"

Jesse Puljujarvi : "He's fast, works hard, has surprisingly good hands, has scored well outside the NHL but can't score and can't finish in the NHL, and he's weird and "European", he doesn't act how I think people should act, and he's old at 24. Ew, no interest".

The waiver love on this forum will never stop being funny.

Kuhlman - 825k
Pulju - 3 mil

Makes a difference.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I've posed that question before.... if you were given the choice between McDavid and Hellebuyck who would you build a team around?
I'd probably choose McDavid if I don't have to deal the baggage of the rest of the Oilers roster under contract lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad