Player Discussion Jesse Ylonen #56

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sh4ded12

Sep 16, 2023
To be honest, I don't find Ylonen soft. He cuts the ice well with his skating and makes intelligent checks on the boards they are just not violent.
Soft for me is like Hoffman, scared of getting hit or injured on every zone entry, trying to delay on every play instead of driving down low to initiate cycling or to the net for rebounds where it hurts, Overall doing everything to make sure there is no contact and not playing the game.

But we all have our opinions.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
To be honest, I don't find Ylonen soft. He cuts the ice well with his skating and makes intelligent checks on the boards they are just not violent.
Soft for me is like Hoffman, scared of getting hit or injured on every zone entry, trying to delay on every play instead of driving down low to initiate cycling or to the net for rebounds where it hurts, Overall doing everything to make sure there is no contact and not playing the game.

But we all have our opinions.
Ylonen has arrived and will eventually carve himself a spot on the 3rd line.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He got a lot of time on the PK in the preseason, wonder if that holds up in the regular season?

Won't pad his stats, but if he shows himself to be a strong pk contributor, that will buy him more time to keep working on translating his skating & shot to NHL production...

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
He's been useless on the PP since 2018-2019 but we kept giving him first line minutes. Killing our offense and bringing 0 creativity whatsoever.

This is beyond ridiculous. He should not be on the 2nd unit, he's proven year after year that he does not belong on the PP.

He should have been removed from it many years ago but for some inexplicable reason we keep giving him opportunities after opportunities.

This makes the situation even more frustrating knowing he's getting all the chances in the world to prop up his stats and still struggle to produce. This is Desharnais level of favoritism.
agreed.

Reactions: the

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ylonen should be given top 9 time to see if he has it in him ot be a 50 points guy.
When Pearson and Gallagher ahead of him, hell yeah.

But I expect it to take a few weeks to get his shot, or when there are injuries.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Ylonen should be given top 9 time to see if he has it in him ot be a 50 points guy.

Never on the Habs, we can’t put young players in a role where they could showcase what they can do.

Ylonen produced well at even strength last year in a limited role, they need to see if he has more in him.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
RHP/Ylonen with Monie/Dvorak, Pearson/Pezz with Evans and Gallagher health scratched.

When Dvo comes back, IF we can stay fully healthy, one of Pearson or Gallagher will have to be in the pressbox and the other will have to be waived, if we want to keep Evan's, Ylonen, and RHP in the top 12. And I do want to.

Never on the Habs, we can’t put young players in a role where they could showcase what they can do.

Ylonen produced well at even strength last year in a limited role, they need to see if he has more in him.
He could really benefit from playing Monahan.

I really want to see him with Monahan and RHP until dvo is back.

Reactions: MadMslm

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Is that a good thing? usually you try to learn from the best,Pezzetta hasn't ever won a fight has he? or is Ylonen learning to be a punching bag? lol
I think that's because Pezz is a lightweight that tries to scrap well above his weight class with actual fighters more than because his technique is bad. He would wreck any star/skill guy in the league.

Reactions: windycity

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I think that's because Pezz is a lightweight that tries to scrap well above his weight class with actual fighters more than because his technique is bad. He would wreck any star/skill guy in the league.
They have Pezz listed as 6'1 and 216 lbs,doesn't sound light. Yes he's a terrible fighter,but many do not know how to fight. I just like that Ylonen seems open to getting involved if and when the time comes and at least he is better prepared.

Last edited:

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I think they need to shuffle the lines around to give Ylonen a chance to play with more skill. Maybe they need to go with RHP - Monahan - Ylonen on the 3rd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad