Tribute Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Goodbye and Good Luck part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
History shows that Matthews shuts himself down in the playoffs. Evans can do the same, I’m sure.

And McDavid had some pointless games against the Habs, but had 10 points in his last 4 games against them, so no, Danault didn’t shut him down much.

Brutal take, Danault dominated Mathews who had scored 12 goals in 25 playoff games which is almost a 40 goal pace despite almost exclusively being matched up against the greatest shutdown center of this generation in Patrice Bergeron for most of those games. He had also scored 7 goals in his last 12 playoff games prior to Danault shutting him down.

Then you arbitrarily assert that McDavid's points were all 5 on 5 and specifically against Danault.

Danault is an elite shut down center.......only those with the most blinding anti-Danault bias would argue otherwise. If you want to debate his offensive effectiveness then he is fair game but otherwise it is just a poorly orchestrated witch hunt.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

aba.gif

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Brutal take, Danault dominated Mathews who had scored 12 goals in 25 playoff games which is almost a 40 goal pace despite almost exclusively being matched up against the greatest shutdown center of this generation in Patrice Bergeron for most of those games. He had also scored 7 goals in his last 12 playoff games prior to Danault shutting him down.

Then you arbitrarily assert that McDavid's points were all 5 on 5 and specifically against Danault.

Danault is an elite shut down center.......only those with the most blinding anti-Danault bias would argue otherwise. If you want to debate his offensive effectiveness then he is fair game but otherwise it is just a poorly orchestrated witch hunt.
Don’t forget we let him walk for free! Kind of stings more after reading your post...

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
I still wonder why McDavid tried to kill Kotmolemi with an elbow. He had a few guys try and take his head off last season, will see how he does with the frisbees.

6245580342001.jpg

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
We offered him more than L.A. did and he walked........I think he just wanted out because he didn't feel he would be able to advance his play in Montreal for whatever reason.
Pretty sure he figured out that MTL was going to be hell once the team wasn’t making the playoff and he wasn’t living to us big contract. He took the money somewhere he could keep cashing is pay check with nobody bothering him regardless of team or personal performances.

LeGarsDuCable

Sep 17, 2020
Pretty sure he figured out that MTL was going to be hell once the team wasn’t making the playoff and he wasn’t living to us big contract. He took the money somewhere he could keep cashing is pay check with nobody bothering him regardless of team or personal performances.

Weather in L.A is way better and Luc Robitaille is there ... Habs are going nowhere. We got lucky to make the playoffs than exceeded expectations once in and got completely demolish in the stanley cup final. He knows that team ain't that good.

Perry left too. We have an end of the road goaltender on a leg injury and a defenseman who can't tie his shoe (Weber)

We have no high end offensive talent since Kovalev ... Habs org are reluctant to have problem childs with attitude and personality like Chelios but we will gladly draft Logan Mailloux , go figure!

Bergevin is only good at building an honest team

Reactions: amethyst

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
We didn't offer him more than LA.

You are correct, for some reason I thought that he signed for just under 5 million per season. Either way the two offers were very similar and it confirms that MB made a fair offer that Danault rejected because he likely didn't want to play in Montreal anymore.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
A telling quote from Rob Ramage in The Athletic:

“We needed centremen, so that was the decision to keep him there,” Ramage said on keeping Kotkaniemi as an 18-year-old in 2018. “As a development guy, I’d like to see us cook ‘em for a while before we get them to the NHL so that when they do get there, they’re ready.”

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
We offered him more than L.A. did and he walked........I think he just wanted out because he didn't feel he would be able to advance his play in Montreal for whatever reason.
Do you mean regress the game more? No-one I know pays to watch non-hockey.

As for he and KK I doubt we’ll miss either and their 10 combined goals. It’s gotten to where I feel we would make stars out of a turnip and a racoon if we slapped habs jerseys on them.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
A telling quote from Rob Ramage in The Athletic:

“We needed centremen, so that was the decision to keep him there,” Ramage said on keeping Kotkaniemi as an 18-year-old in 2018. “As a development guy, I’d like to see us cook ‘em for a while before we get them to the NHL so that when they do get there, they’re ready.”
Wow, that's not exactly an endorsement of Bergevin.:laugh:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The KK and Danault chatter should go in the out of town thread............can't wait for the season to start, so we can talk hockey instead of talking about guys who don't want to play for the habs...

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Your boy massacred himself
Hot take......
Not saying the kid is amazing or anything, 18 different line combinations last year, in a 56 game schedule kinda tells ya all you need to know.
Could care less now though, he is on the Canes dime.............it's about cheering for the crest not the name....he might kill it in Carolina, and he might not...I could care less.
Go Habs Go!!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Just want him to crash and burn hard in Carolina and put them in an awkward spot of now having to keep him long term or lose him for nothing.

Can’t remember the last time I wanted an ex Hab to fail as bad as I do him. Fu*k KK.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Hot take......
Not saying the kid is amazing or anything, 18 different line combinations last year, in a 56 game schedule kinda tells ya all you need to know.
Could care less now though, he is on the Canes dime.............it's about cheering for the crest not the name....he might kill it in Carolina, and he might not...I could care less.
Go Habs Go!!

I mostly agree but wouldn't him doing well in Carolina show that there's an issue in MTL at the core? It's almost like we have a static development method and some succeed in this model but many don't (are success rate for drafted forwards is abysmal).

Jul 6, 2016
KK will do well in Carolina because he will play on a wing instead of center and he will play with better players. I am pretty sure he will get 50 points and more this year.

Reactions: jellybeans
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad