Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Swayman's agent basically calls Cam a liar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 50 22.4%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 62 27.8%
  • Trade

Votes: 111 49.8%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

BOSTON — Boston Bruins president Cam Neely suggested Monday that the team has made an eight-year offer to unsigned restricted free agent goaltender Jeremy Swayman at $8 million annually.

“I don’t want to get into the weeds with what his ask is,” Neely said at a news conference at TD Garden. “But I know that I have 64 million reasons why I’d be playing right now.”

Neely did not disclose what Swayman’s ask has been but said he was surprised by it.

So far, Swayman is holding firm to his demand. It aligns with his personality of not backing down, especially following his uncomfortable 2023 arbitration hearing. According to Neely, Swayman wants to set a new market for goalies, specifically ones under team control.

“What his ask is and what we believe his comp group is,” Neely said, “are two different things.”

General manager Don Sweeney said he remains in contact with Lewis Gross, Swayman’s agent. The Bruins are not interested in trading Swayman.

“Ultimately, we’re a better team, as I’ve said all along, if Jeremy is part of our hockey club,” Sweeney said. “That’s my intention. That’s my wish. I’ll continue to work to do that. I think Jeremy and the team are both hurt in this regard. That’s what I’ll do. I’ll continue to work hard to find a settling point.”

With only three preseason games left, it is likely Swayman will miss regular-season time, even if an agreement is pending. Coach Jim Montgomery designated Joonas Korpisalo as his goalie for the regular-season opener against the Florida Panthers on Oct. 8, regardless of Swayman’s situation. The Bruins have two full practices remaining in camp.

“Where we are in camp right now, with how well camp has gone and how well Korpisalo has done,” Montgomery said, “right now, he’s going to be our Game 1 starter.”

How good is the offer?​

Swayman would become the fifth-highest-paid goalie in the NHL under the Bruins’ offer, behind Sergei Bobrovsky, Andrei Vasilevskiy, Connor Hellebuyck and Ilya Sorokin. Only Vasilevskiy ($9.5 million average annual value) signed his contract as a pending restricted free agent. The others were due to become unrestricted.

It is a significant payday for Swayman, considering he has never been a regular-season No. 1 goalie.

Last edited:
Reactions: nORRis8 and BMC

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
Today is the day DS tells him to get his bags packed as he will be moving on as soon as a trade can be orchestrated. Enough of the bull**** someone has to move forward.

Reactions: Pia8988

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Today is the day DS tells him to get his bags packed as he will be moving on as soon as a trade can be orchestrated. Enough of the bull**** someone has to move forward.
Agreed. Hopefully there’s a hard deadline set to either shit or get off the pot as they say.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If Swayman signs right now, he's not going to be 100% ready for the season. It might take him 10-20 games before he gets up to speed. This holdup is not doing anyone favors.

And I don't think this kids talent can anywhere match his ego at this point. He had it made in Boston with that 60 plus deal offered. Talk about a self destructive negotition, teams will be weary of that

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If Swayman signs right now, he's not going to be 100% ready for the season. It might take him 10-20 games before he gets up to speed. This holdup is not doing anyone favors.
It seems to be helping Joonas Korpisalo. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do. Terrified, but still looking forward to it

Reactions: Absurdity

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
The middle of their rumored respective ranges is 7.85, which is probably why they're stuck on 8 on the team side.

Guess we're going to see. Maybe 8.1 is a moral victory and it's over.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Bodit9

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
If Swayman’s agent is saying they didn’t make that offer instead he should have just said we accept the 64 million reasons in his own presser lol

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I think him getting Vasi money is an interesting question. Of course he'd argue that Vasi money today would be 2M higher. Maybe he's right. But even still, Vasi has done the things...

It plays massively in the team's favor that every fan believes 8x8 is fair. That cannot be overstated

• Haha
Reactions: drkfluff

Deal Law

I would love to QEF your PFIC
Jan 15, 2006
Bucks County, PA
If the offer is really 8x$7.8, then Cam’s comment is a rounding error and Gross’ comment is him being a smartass.

Thats a more than reasonable offer. Whatever Swayman is holding out for (E.g., $8.5 or $9), come down off of it; Bruins, come up $200k to an even $8. If he doesn’t accept that, trade his ass (or at least put him on the block) and get moving with focusing on the season at hand. This is beyond stupid.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
So the Bruins have gone up about $2M from their original offer, and Swayman and Gross might be willing to go down $500k+ from their original ask.

Reactions: goldenblack

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I’d go as far as 8.5 today to end this. I would have been fine with 9 or a little more before it got ugly, but things have changed for me. I'd hate to see him traded but I can't help but wonder if that's where this is headed. Either way lets get on with whatever the outcome is here.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I’d go as far as 8.5 today to end this. I would have been fine with 9 or a little more before it got ugly, but things have changed for me. I'd hate to see him traded but I can't help but wonder if that's where this is headed. Either way lets get on with whatever the outcome is here.
On what planet is this kid worth a 9m a season deal? F that, let him sit

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
If the offer is really 8x$7.8, then Cam’s comment is a rounding error and Gross’ comment is him being a smartass.

Thats a more than reasonable offer. Whatever Swayman is holding out for (E.g., $8.5 or $9), come down off of it; Bruins, come up $200k to an even $8. If he doesn’t accept that, trade his ass (or at least put him on the block) and get moving with focusing on the season at hand. This is beyond stupid.
It seemed to be it was 7.5 and Cam threw a new number out then, Coordinated with the brass, surprised at Sweeney tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad