Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- Swayman's agent basically calls Cam a liar

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 45 24.2%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 51 27.4%
  • Trade

Votes: 90 48.4%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

BOSTON — Boston Bruins president Cam Neely suggested Monday that the team has made an eight-year offer to unsigned restricted free agent goaltender Jeremy Swayman at $8 million annually.

“I don’t want to get into the weeds with what his ask is,” Neely said at a news conference at TD Garden. “But I know that I have 64 million reasons why I’d be playing right now.”

Neely did not disclose what Swayman’s ask has been but said he was surprised by it.

So far, Swayman is holding firm to his demand. It aligns with his personality of not backing down, especially following his uncomfortable 2023 arbitration hearing. According to Neely, Swayman wants to set a new market for goalies, specifically ones under team control.

“What his ask is and what we believe his comp group is,” Neely said, “are two different things.”

General manager Don Sweeney said he remains in contact with Lewis Gross, Swayman’s agent. The Bruins are not interested in trading Swayman.

“Ultimately, we’re a better team, as I’ve said all along, if Jeremy is part of our hockey club,” Sweeney said. “That’s my intention. That’s my wish. I’ll continue to work to do that. I think Jeremy and the team are both hurt in this regard. That’s what I’ll do. I’ll continue to work hard to find a settling point.”

With only three preseason games left, it is likely Swayman will miss regular-season time, even if an agreement is pending. Coach Jim Montgomery designated Joonas Korpisalo as his goalie for the regular-season opener against the Florida Panthers on Oct. 8, regardless of Swayman’s situation. The Bruins have two full practices remaining in camp.

“Where we are in camp right now, with how well camp has gone and how well Korpisalo has done,” Montgomery said, “right now, he’s going to be our Game 1 starter.”

How good is the offer?​

Swayman would become the fifth-highest-paid goalie in the NHL under the Bruins’ offer, behind Sergei Bobrovsky, Andrei Vasilevskiy, Connor Hellebuyck and Ilya Sorokin. Only Vasilevskiy ($9.5 million average annual value) signed his contract as a pending restricted free agent. The others were due to become unrestricted.

It is a significant payday for Swayman, considering he has never been a regular-season No. 1 goalie.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Trade him to the Flyers for Konecny and a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
He moves right up to our second line.....mark him down for 30-35 goals.
Cap works for us this season and leaves us with a bit of room.
If there's a trade, I assume Bruins move him to the Western Conference.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
If Puckpedia is correct they currently sit with 7.8 in space with a full roster. If you waive Bussi to sign Sway that gives you 8.5 max.
But that problem with that is you never want to start at the max. You need at oeast 500k to 700k of wiggle room.
So someone else needs to go and be replaced with another player that leaves at least that much space.

Damned if I know what to do.
Run with 22 is the easiest option.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
The amount of people in here who keep mentioning John Gibson as a target is insane. Sorry he's still rated an 87 overall, but you need to turn off NHL 24 (or 25 if you preordered) because he hasn't been good since 2018. Literally. He's not good and hasn't been for 5 years.

And he's 6 years older than Swayman.

And he's got three years left at 6+.

And he just had an appendectomy and is week to week.

Purge him from your mind.
Put Swayman on a team like the Anaheim Ducks the last few seasons and his numbers will change drastically.

Gibson is older but he would still be capable with a decent team in front of him.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Who the F is Frank Seravalli and how would he know this,

Swayman is a greedy prick and his agent is a well known scum bag so lets take their side as truth lololol

Swayman said he wanted to set the goalie market months ago, Hopefully he's playing somewhere else this season not sure how he can survive this is Boston.
He will be fine if he stays in Boston. Def not as soft as the fans all annoyed that he wants to be paid what he feels his worth is

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Swayman would be the missing piece

Had they not botched Cutter Gauthier lot of possibilities

Sweeney is pretty chill he let Cam I’m sure by design say all the mean stuff - likely he and Gross get a deal 8/66 or something

Best scenario from the nose-bleeds is the Bruins are better with Swayman and he’s better here

Can’t we all just get along ?

If not
Chicago is loaded with prospects lol
You like Mrazek or Broissoit more? :sarcasm::sarcasm: :laugh::laugh:

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
The Flyers just signed Konecny to a big extension ($70M/8 years) and he's the right age to lead a rebuilding team. I'd love to have him but he's not going anywhere.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
He will be fine if he stays in Boston. Def not as soft as the fans all annoyed that he wants to be paid what he feels his worth is
Calling fans soft because they don't agree with money is not a good look. Might want to calm down just a little.

You may be starting to show you are a little one sided on the matter.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Guys WHO is gonna give Sway 10M? Really?

Such a pass from us.

Sign Linus in July.
not just who is going to give Sway $10M. but who is going to give Sway $10M and trade some assets to get him before overpaying for him?

Maybe an expansion type team or a team with a ton of cap space that has a hard time getting free agents, a team in a total rebuild? will be interesting how good Sway's numbers would look on a team like Buffalo where Ullmark was before coming to Boston and seeing his numbers go way up.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldenblack and BMC

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Calling fans soft because they don't agree with money is not a good look. Might want to calm down just a little.

the user name already pretty much says what side they are going to take in this.

if there was no cap to worry about then fine pay him what he FEEL's he is worth but there is a cap and I want a competing team this year and in the future. If he had a Vezina trophy, a few more years history to look at and beat a few more teams in the playoffs then sure he is worth the cap hit because you know what your getting right now you don't.

and he has one playoff win against the Leafs. not even sure that is worthy of going on a resume. The Leafs are a guaranteed playoff win pretty much every year. the have made it to the second round once in the last what 19 years.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
So a few things.

Sounds like Neely wasn't truthful (shocker)
Sounds like Gross was overdramatic (shocker)
Sounds like the 6.5 and 9.5 may have both been very close to starting offers
Sounds like the B's are making more of an effort to reach a deal
Sounds like the B's view him close to Saros and a notch below Hellebuyck
Sounds like Swayman views himself closer to Vaz and Bob
Sounds like it may drag out close to the deadline
Sounds like a trade has a better chance of happening with each passing week
Sounds like Neely made a huge mistake today and things may be irrepairable
There's at least some of this that sounds like speculative bullshit -- or at the very least a massive blind belief in whatever one side says and disbelief in what the other side says.

I've been with you in supporting Swayman in general. However, you are jumping the shark of late.

You really need to chill out.

8x8 is an excellent offer for a guy like Swayman. Real money and security that is appropriate for a guy with his talent, performance to date, and abilities.

If he takes it? All good. If not? Well, you may have to adjust your viewpoint.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The way to resolve this assuming Swayman wants to be a Bruins is meet somewhere between Servelli rumored amount if true and have the agent say Swayman stepped in and basically pushed for this

I’m the agent I could care less if I looked bad after over, but want Swayman looking like he stepped in and wants to be a Bruins - and Neely can be the mean emotional guy, and Sweeney looks like the calm guy who says all the right things

Then have Coach Marchand say he’s glad to have him back and tease him good naturedly

Wilhelm Scream

Jan 2, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Put Swayman on a team like the Anaheim Ducks the last few seasons and his numbers will change drastically.

Gibson is older but he would still be capable with a decent team in front of him.
Possibly true, but I think we can and should and would aim higher. I think Swayman is actively valuable. He is worth more than a reclamation project or a huge gamble.

If Gibson is part of a deal that gets us one of their top prospects and picks, then you do it, sure... but pleeeeeeaaaaaaase dont make him the big piece.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022

I think it’s odd that we are all working people more than likely and people are so upset that a guy is trying to get what he feels he deserves. Weird is all. Doubt we would like people telling us to take less or just sign

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
There's at least some of this that sounds like speculative bullshit -- or at the very least a massive blind belief in whatever one side says and disbelief in what the other side says.

I've been with you in supporting Swayman in general. However, you are jumping the shark of late.

You really need to chill out.

8x8 is an excellent offer for a guy like Swayman. Real money and security that is appropriate for a guy with his talent, performance to date, and abilities.

If he takes it? All good. If not? Well, you may have to adjust your viewpoint.
Agreed on the offer. 8.5 is fair if that what he wants. No reason to split hairs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad