Prospect Info: David Reinbacher - Get Well Soon Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If he's out for 5 months, he'll return at the beginning of March.
Laval will have 21 regular season games left.
Hopefully, Laval will make the playoffs, so he can get more games

Reactions: Redux91

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
While we are all upset at what happened to Laine it is just as bad (i would say worse) with how this will affect Reinbacher's development. He is part of the future core and losing a year of development is concerning.
Yes it's frustrating but pretending this happened because the team is too soft is ridculous. It's badluck. Like when Markov injured himself twice in a row. It sucks but i prefer for this to happen now than when we'll compete for a cup.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
If he's out for 5 months, he'll return at the beginning of March.
Laval will have 21 regular season games left.
Hopefully, Laval will make the playoffs, so he can get more games
If he got an ACL, same as Dach, he’s done for the year like Dach last year . 6 Months is the bare minimum for that type of injury. It takes 10-11 months to really be back 100%.

Reactions: HomaridII

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If he got an ACL, same as Dach, he’s done for the year like Dach last year . 6
Monts is the bare minimum for that type of injury. It takes 10-11 months to really be back 100%.

When they announced Dach's injury, they said he was out for the remainder of the season. It's not the case with Reinbacher. He could be back during the season and play games.

Trenbohabs

Sep 25, 2024
Surely you meant a #2 defenseman because Guhle is first-pairing material.
Exactly! Guhle has 110 NHL games and has already proven he can shutdown Mcdavid and Crosby. He's going to be unreal once hes physically stronger to accept hits and lay big hits in corners.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
When they announced Dach's injury, they said he was out for the remainder of the season. It's not the case with Reinbacher. He could be back during the season and play games.
Well we don’t know the exact injury , but it’s safer to give more rehab and training time with the summer than rushing a return . I had ACL and miniscus removal while playing college football. Your leg lose a lot of muscle and 6 months isn’t enough

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's a never ending nightmare with this guy what a disaster

Habs fans dream about Smith/MM all year.
Price fumble the announcement.
D+1 in Kloten his production is cut in half and he goes -15
D+2 1 bad pre-season game in Toronto,
Season ending Injury 5 seconds into game 2
If it's been a disaster for the team/fans imagine how it is for him.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Dach couldn't play until June by docs orders, so 9-10 months recovery+rehabs.

Rein is 5-6 months with rehabs. Not the same injury.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
As for my own opinion, I think it’s silly to write off a prospect before he’s even played in the NHL but we all remember the Slaf thread…

That thread was littered with embarrassing posts by posters who wrote him off so early. In the end they looked pretty foolish.

Some people never learn.
Anyone who labels Reinbacher a bust is stupid.
A rebuild takes 5 years minimum, please be patient as the habs have many bad contracts. They will push for the playoffs once anderson and gallagher are off the roster and Demidov is playing his 2nd year while adding possibly Hage and another top 5 this year. Even healthy this team was finishing bottom 6. Now we are adding 2 new defenders to our already young and terribly bad defending core with Hutson and Mailloux. This team needs another Demidov type of player to form an elite 1st line with Slaf and Demidov.
There is no set time frame and I'm not here to debate useless semantics on what a rebuild is or not.

The Habs need to be better this year.

Thread.

Does he have a history of knee problems? I keep reading conflicting information.
Yes he does

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Well we don’t know the exact injury , but it’s safer to give more rehab and training time with the summer than rushing a return . I had ACL and miniscus removal while playing college football. Your leg lose a lot of muscle and 6 months isn’t enough

The timeline the habs provide for injuries includes the complete rehab period. So the habs estimate Reinbacher will be able to play in a hockey game in 5-6 months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad