Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 53 20.9%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 69 27.3%
  • Trade

Votes: 131 51.8%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
And I refuted it for you, especially Krug. Remember - you included Reilly Smith (lol).

But if you want to get pedantic and literal and count that Pasta missed the first day of medicals only to try to make your point, people will keep calling you on it.

You tried at least. Not successfully.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
IMO this Swayman negociation is a mess. Now parties are going public which is not good imo.
Season is starting and we currently don't know who is going to start in net first game.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
And people here were saying why would Cam lie about an offer he never made? Um, that’s why? Exactly that?

That’s why they would openly say something, but throwing out numbers they wouldn’t do makes no sense.

Swayman signs for less than 8x8 ain’t happening now. Don’t be dense.

this conversation has gotten so boring - see you all when he's signed/traded/sits out idk

Yeah I’ve tried to step away, it’s just circles.

Reactions: JAD and Bodit9

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
IMO this Swayman negociation is a mess. Now parties are going public which is not good imo.
Season is starting and we currently don't know who is going to start in net first game.
You're right. Gross Swayman screwed it up from the get-go.

Just wait until we see what song Swayman plays on his guitar on the Amazon series tomorrow 👀
Swayman gonna start writing breakup songs like Taylor Swift.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Who would you rather have 4 years from now? 5? 6? 7? 8?

That isn't the question if we are comparing the two, though. And maybe Vasi in 4 or 5 years anyway. The age is a thing, but that implies Sway will be good in those years also and no one knows that. We've all seen promising young goalies flame out after a hot season or two. Anyway, I was just pointing out that comparing Swayman to Vasi right now is ridiculous and shouldn't even be in the conversation except that a certain party seems to feel they should get paid the same.

I'm currently at U Maine, no sign of Swayman
Did you check the business classrooms?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
That isn't the question if we are comparing the two, though. And maybe Vasi in 4 or 5 years anyway. The age is a thing, but that implies Sway will be good in those years also and no one knows that. We've all seen promising young goalies flame out after a hot season or two. Anyway, I was just pointing out that comparing Swayman to Vasi right now is ridiculous and shouldn't even be in the conversation except that a certain party seems to feel they should get paid the same.

Did you check the business classrooms?
No sign of that place either...

• Haha
Reactions: Bodit9 and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Probably Swayman due to him being younger and Vasi hasn't been good over the past couple of post seasons. Swayman is on the incline and Vasi could be declining.

Prior to the last two post seasons Vasi had an insane post season run of 25, 23 & 23 games played, won two cups and won 18, 16 and 14 games, all of which lead the post season. He won 48 playoff games in 3 post seasons.
Fair enough, though I would say that Vasi has not had the team in front of him that he's had in seasons past. That said, I agree if we are talking contract length (as @UncleRico @TD Charlie and @Scotto74 all mentioned) the age difference matters. I am more interested in how anyone would think Vasi and Swayman are proper comparables. One is a young guy with a lot of potential he is only starting to realize, the other has been among the best, if not the best, in his position for a number of years.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
even if this thing does a 180 and swayman signs 8x8 tomorrow...does anyone think this guy retires as a bruin?
seems like the writing is on the wall. over/under on him getting traded is probably 3 years, although i guess his
trade protection could muck that up.

• Wow
Reactions: LSCII and Bodit9

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Did I dream that Vasi went 1-4 in the play-offs with a .897 and 3.22? Maybe it was 2-4 with an .875 and 3.56? Nevermind that was the year before.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
even if this thing does a 180 and swayman signs 8x8 tomorrow...does anyone think this guy retires as a bruin?
seems like the writing is on the wall. over/under on him getting traded is probably 3 years, although i guess his
Eh. Money, and winning, fixes quite a bit.

Swaymans got some work to do for sure though

Reactions: PB37 and bbfan419

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You're right. Gross Swayman screwed it up from the get-go.

Swayman gonna start writing breakup songs like Taylor Swift.
I won’t list all the odds but the highlights:

Wonderwall by Oasis: -140
A Taylor Swift Song: +135
Something from Mumford and Sons: +190
Caves of Altimira by Steely Dan: +68000

• Haha
Reactions: Bodit9

bp14

Mar 17, 2022
How about you pay him exactly what he wants on the condition he doesn’t get trade protection?

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Probably Swayman due to him being younger and Vasi hasn't been good over the past couple of post seasons. Swayman is on the incline and Vasi could be declining.

Prior to the last two post seasons Vasi had an insane post season run of 25, 23 & 23 games played, won two cups and won 18, 16 and 14 games, all of which lead the post season. He won 48 playoff games in 3 post seasons.
Yeah its Swayman and it's not close IMO. Vasi was awful the past two years.

Is this a parody account hah
thinking since he would take Vasi over Swayman the next 3 or 4 seasons I would say yes it is.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

If he signs 8 years then yes I do.

Who was the last Bruin to spend his whole career with the Bs until their mid 30s or later and play else where? Bourque?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad