Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 53 21.0%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Trade

Votes: 131 52.0%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Yeah, Pasta, McAvoy, Marchand, Bergeron, etc. either took a hometown discount, or got paid what they are actually worth, and didn't whine about the process to the press. Very, very easy indeed.

Which is why you claiming Sweeney has a history of being antagonistic towards core players is absurd.

Boston has a history of playing hard with RFAs. Pretty much every major RFA missed some of camp? Why is that, can't blame Gross for that one. It's also true bergeron and them probably took less and the negotiations werent' as contentious. You see that changing as we saw last year with Pastrnak.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
It's fascinating seeing Felger be so pro Bruin. You know somewhere it's eating him up just a little bit because right now, he sounds like Cam's mouthpiece.

Even that "I'll say anything for ratings" moron can't spin this one, and he's the guy that suggested trading Bergeron just to stir up shit.

He also was the #1 starter for three seasons in a row and finished 3rd and 1st in Vezina votes in those years.

Now you are just piling on . . .

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
If that happens, if they haven't already, I can see Cam telling the Behind the B production team to roll out the footage if he feels that strongly about the BS. I can see him being that petty about it. What I can't see is the Bruins dropping the offer and dropping back to under 8, especially if Gross and Swayman are working on the particulars based on those numbers right now. It's pretty clear that if they don't reach an agreement, Camp Swayman is simply refusing to compromise and see reason.
One possible contentious issue to the 8x $8M offer is what happens if there's no deal 2 weeks from now and the season is already started and payment dates start being missed. Do the Bruins stick to a contract value of $64M which will have an increasingly less money paid as they approach Dec 1, or do they pro-rate year 1 for missed time so it's still $64M paid over the contract.

Eg. On Dec 1 it'd have to be a ~$67.5M contract for Swayman to be paid $64M in actual money over the deal.

Reactions: Bodit9 and PB37

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Boston has a history of playing hard with RFAs. Pretty much every major RFA missed some of camp? Why is that, can't blame Gross for that one. It's also true bergeron and them probably took less and the negotiations werent' as contentious. You see that changing as we saw last year with Pastrnak.

Name them. Pasta missed one day, that's all I remember, and that was nothing.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Bodit9

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
One possible contentious issue to the 8x $8M offer is what happens if there's no deal 2 weeks from now and the season is already started and payment dates start being missed. Do the Bruins stick to a contract value of $64M which will have an increasingly less money paid as they approach Dec 1, or do they pro-rate year 1 for missed time so it's still $64M paid over the contract.

Eg. On Dec 1 it'd have to be a ~$67.5M contract for Swayman to be paid $64M in actual money over the deal.

Very good point.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Wrong - Pasta is a top 5 forward the only 60 goal winger since OV did it what 16 years ago?
McAvoy - over paid. I agree .
Haven't made it out of the 2nd round the last 3 years. Pasta was not a top scoring winger in the playoffs this year.

Reactions: Pia8988

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That's the thing that bothers me from the Bruins side. You obviously believed in him enough to trade a solid goalie option, so why not commit and just pay him. Maybe Sway truly is asking for the moon and not budging, or does management really think 8 mil vs 8.5 mil is worth pissing him off?
Both goalies wanted to play 55 games. Bruins like both goalies, yes. I think they traded Ulmark because going forward they have more cap space keeping Swayman.
Ulmarks numbers and Vezina will get him more than Swayman gets long term.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Both goalies wanted to play 55 games. Bruins like both goalies, yes. I think they traded Ulmark because going forward they have more cap space keeping Swayman.
Ulmarks numbers and Vezina will get him more than Swayman gets long term.
maybe not after he spends a year with the Sens. might see his numbers go back down to Buffalo levels.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
And I refuted it for you, especially Krug. Remember - you included Reilly Smith (lol).

But if you want to get pedantic and literal and count that Pasta missed the first day of medicals only to try to make your point, people will keep calling you on it.

I figured it was a stretch to call them "core member(s) and future piece(s)" like Krug, but Sweet Jesus, he actually used Reilly Smith? :biglaugh:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

F* no. He doesn’t start game 1 he doesn’t get the 64m. Maybe Gross will pay his salary for missed games

Reactions: Ladyfan

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
24/25. He was the type of guy you are ok with skipping any sort of 2nd bridge deal on. He had the stats to prove he was a #1 guy.
stupid google AI said 28 but ya if i do the math he was born in july 25 1994 signed July 29 th 2019 that would be 25.

that will teach me to never trust AI

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
@DominicT - need a life line here. Apologies but can you explain the cap hit if for example he signs 8x8 later ? I thought as the season goes by it actually is worse?
But admitted not my strongpoint or understanding.
I've posted it before, but here it is again.

If the contract is for more than one year, the cap is higher in the first year, but lower in the remaining years.

In this example, if he were to sign a contract at 8 X 8 this is his cap hit on the days he could sign in October after the season begins:

Swayman day by day.PNG

Bodit9

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY

If the contract is for more than one year, the cap is higher in the first year, but lower in the remaining years.

In this example, if he were to sign a contract at 8 X 8 this is his cap hit on the days he could sign in October after the season begins:

View attachment 912097
So looks like this has to happen pretty soon or else the cap won't work

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

View attachment 912097
3D chess.

The public dispute is clearly all staged.

Neely purposely trying to circumvent the cap in future years.

:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
And I refuted it for you, especially Krug. Remember - you included Reilly Smith (lol).

But if you want to get pedantic and literal and count that Pasta missed the first day of medicals only to try to make your point, people will keep calling you on it.
At the time, when Pastrnak missed the first day of medicals, did you think he was holding out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad