Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII- As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 53 21.0%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 68 27.0%
  • Trade

Votes: 131 52.0%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
I really do wonder if the Sens would accept a trade straight up for Ullmark?

The Sens get the much better deal long term, if they want to pay him, and the Bruins get their goalie for the next half decade.
Sens don't have the cap space so not an option. Plus, we really like having Ullmark here. For once, it's not Ottawa dealing with a lot of drama.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I don't know. Did Cam also shout out how the pay would be structured in each year? You know, there's a reason why contracts on paper and why snide flippant remarks at self-serving press conferences aren't considered binding offers.

But I'm not shocked Neely doesn't know that.
Like you I'm not privy to that information.
But with that said ...
Swayman's camp could say 8 x 8 is good we have an agreement in principle. Then it just becomes a matter of working out the details. It would really help having a simple yes or no. And yes, it is really that simple. Agree then work out the details.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Ullmark tried doing that and the team said "F U we don't want you. In fact, we're going to trade you right now before you can stop us, even though you say you want to stay with the team."

That's the kind of loyalty this front office has.

Well this goalie tandum hasn't done anything in the playoffs but win a round in 2 years. Funny how they expect the red carpet rolled out for them

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
Exactly

Never said it wasn't. In fact, I've said it repeatedly. But don't say a player isn't loyal when we all know that teams aren't loyal either.
Again it’s a business, a transaction. I pay you to play well and put asses in seats so I can make more money.

The Bruins showed loyalty to Bergeron and Krejci by giving them a last dance and mortgaged their future in the process. That is what loyalty often gets you.

The Bruins don’t owe any of these guys anything outside of what is in their contract. The players don’t owe the team anything outside of what is in their contract.

Reactions: lopey and Gordoff

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Better resume? Where? More games, sure. Better resume? Nah. Sway has a better winning%, better GAA, and better sv%. Other than you know all of that, Saros is better, if you say so.
Well for starters he's proven he can play 60+ games. He's put up similar numbers, doing so playing on a mid tier team.

He's also paid his dues something Swayman hasn't done. He wants to be paid more than better goalies than he .

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Better resume? Where? More games, sure. Better resume? Nah. Sway has a better winning%, better GAA, and better sv%. Other than you know all of that, Saros is better, if you say so.
A poster mentioned Sway has a pathetic (not his words) danger area save%

That tells me he's as good as the 5 guys on the ice, When they breakdown and allow a shooter to be in for a high danger opportunity Sway shits his pads.

This is why I believe Korpo will be a much better goalie in Boston with the basic saves being handled routinely , the question to me is can he be better than Sway in the high danger areas saves?

Reactions: Gordoff

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well for starters he's proven he can play 60+ games. He's put up similar numbers, doing so playing on a mid tier team.

He's also paid his dues something Swayman hasn't done. He wants to be paid more than better goalies than he .
But you said better. And when I pointed out that was not true, you changed the argument to similar numbers and qualified it.

You know what is interesting though? Through age 25 the most games Saros started was 35. Swayman has already started more games than that at the same age. And the only reason Sway didn’t start more is because they had another top notch tender in Ullmark. That was a strength so why wouldn’t you use it? But to hold that against a guy is silly.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

That tells me he's as good as the 5 guys on the ice
, When they breakdown and allow a shooter to be in for a high danger opportunity Sway shits his pads.

This is why I believe Korpo will be a much better goalie in Boston with the basic saves being handled routinely , the question to me is can he be better than Sway in the high danger areas saves?

You mean the poster who was refuted with this data?

Over the past 2 years, among the 32 goalies with the most TOI (basically a list of assumed starters), he's 4th in 5-on-5 HDSV%. Looking at just last year (same 32 goalie filter), he was 11th. I'm not sure how either of those suggests his HDSV% stinks.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

That tells me he's as good as the 5 guys on the ice, When they breakdown and allow a shooter to be in for a high danger opportunity Sway shits his pads.

To me it's who can make the big saves in key moments and can see the puck through screens and traffic . Most goalies cans save low percentage shots. Soft goals can kill a team and deflate momentum..

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

When you have a belief you search for any stat that will “prove” your claim. If it wasn’t high danger save% it would have been second chance scoring chances or rebound control, or whatever argument fit the need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad