Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman: VII - As featured in Episode 3 of Amazon's "FACEOFF: Inside the NHL

How does this saga end?

• Bridge deal

Votes: 53 20.8%
  • Long term deal

Votes: 69 27.1%
  • Trade

Votes: 133 52.2%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Its hilarious its the same band members trying to pretend like Neely made it up.

Explain how him making up an offer makes any sense.

Talk about coming with a pre-conceived notion and then bending reality to fit your opinion. Yikes.

That’s exactly what you’re doing in the other direction lol

Unless you have some inside knowledge there’s no difference

Fingertools

May 29, 2019
Why did Neely only mention the $64M offer? Wasn't it said that multiple offers were made, presumably ones with different terms, conditions and duration? Why didn't he mention the other offers Swayman turned down? They might have both theoretically wanted long term deals but obviously Swayman in that scenario wanted more than $8M.

Swayman then may have been open or even preferred a shorter term so he can cash in when he has more leverage as a player with more of a track record but maybe the Bruins were only interested in a long term deal and shorter ones were lowballed (maybe)?

In any case, since Neely was so open about disclosing the long term deal, I'd be interested in any of the other offers declined. Interesting that Neely only picked that one.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I’m not saying it is the case, but if your hypothetical is true…

There is a massive difference between an actual written up contract that is ready to sign and a verbal commitment.

Bro. The moment you offer 64M verbally, meetings are scheduled and it gets done. Come on now.

They're acting like 64M was never on the table.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
1727739175240.png

NGL, I am very surprised by this so far.

Reactions: Mad Dr Pepper

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Its hilarious its the same band members trying to pretend like Neely made it up.

Explain how him making up an offer makes any sense.

Talk about coming with a pre-conceived notion and then bending reality to fit your opinion. Yikes.
Maybe it was an offer internally just never conveyed to Swayman's team? Who knows. Maybe Gross is flat out lying. We will see.

He is not lying. Why would he do that? It doesn't make sense.
any chance he and Sweeney talked about making the offer and it never was formally made?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Trade him for stuff! I think hes really good and deserves to be paid but too much of a headache for this regime. I believe that the bruins will get adaquate goaltending from their current group and if you can get either a big time prospect or current young player thats good i think its worth doing

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Of course Neely wouldn't lie, I mean the Mitchell Miller stuff never happened
It’s almost immaterial. The $64m figure is out there now so they effectively have to sign him for (at least) that amount, or Swayman can say I called and said fine, I’ll take the 8/8 and they said no. 8/8 is effectively the floor now.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Maybe it was an offer internally just never conveyed to Swayman's team? Who knows. Maybe Gross is flat out lying. We will see.

any chance he and Sweeney talked about making the offer and it never was formally made?
Maybe? Does it matter in the scheme of things? If Swayman turned down $64 million talks are off if Im Sweeney. Make him sweat and trade him.

Reactions: Bodit9

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Btw for the "Neely is lying" group, present motive. What's the motive? If you lie there you risk destroying the negotiation forever and losing the goalie. That's the plan?

Gross lying on the other hand, makes total sense if you're holding out for 9-10M, and you see all of Boston lose their minds that 8x8 wasn't enough
1727739495754.gif

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Btw for the "Neely is lying" group, present motive. What's the motive? If you lie there you risk destroying the negotiation forever and losing the goalie. That's the plan?

Gross lying on the other hand, makes total sense if you're holding out for 9-10M, and you see all of Boston lose their minds that 8x8 wasn't enough

If swayman is holding out for 9 or 10 million then this isn’t even a convo because you wouldn’t need to lie you would just say we aren’t interested in that deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad