• Long term deal

Votes: 86 29.6%
  • Trade

Votes: 147 50.5%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I don’t think he’s worth that contract at this point in his career but they are way better off with him than without him.
I never said he was not a good goaltender, he is, but now they have other holes, like RW, goal scoring, and future replacement for Marchand. So now to fix those holes they will need to move another position and weaken that but now we have a 66-million-dollar goaltender, which brings the grand total for goal tending on this team to over 11 million dollars............I am so f***n enthused.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The best possible outcome for both sides. Now they can put this behind them and the season can start without distraction for the team. Good job nailing this down finally. Welcome back Swayman!

Reactions: Ladyfan

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I know and agree.

Even that though...I don't think this was well played by the Bruins. Leaving $8.5M in cap space doesn't really leave you in a strong sport to say we can't go above $7.75M, trading Ullmark didn't help the negotiating position and it sounds like arbitration stung a bit too.
Yet they got him within their cap structure, added Lindholm and toughness and arguably are a better built playoff team than last year.

What a f* up by the front office.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So how much of this was coordinated marketing scheme between bruins Swayman NhL news outlets etc.? I’m going with 99% certainty.
the amount of sunlight in the garage tells me that’s late summer sunlight ~ mid September

we been had

Interesting Swayman video was sponsored by LL Bean and Audi of New England

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I’d love to be a fly on the wall during this final negotiation. I wonder if Swayman caved and lowered his ask against Gross’ advice or if they were on the same page.

Reactions: nORRis8

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I’d love to be a fly on the wall during this final negotiation. I wonder if Swayman caved and lowered his ask against Gross’ advice or if they were on the same page.
The one who caved is Sweeney, if true that he was offered 6.25 million, how do increase that by 2 million, what changed there was no games being played, oh! I forgot he is taking business classes, Sweeney feared that.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
The one who caved is Sweeney, if true that he was offered 6.25 million, how do increase that by 2 million, what changed there was no games being played, oh! I forgot he is taking business classes, Sweeney feared that.
I believe the 6.25 number rumored was a bridge deal around 3-4 years from what I’ve read around here. Who knows if it’s true though.

I have no doubt they did offer 8x8 at one point.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad