• Long term deal

Votes: 87 29.8%
  • Trade

Votes: 147 50.3%

• Total voters

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
One could make the argument that we're beating a dead horse here.

So be it. Discuss, if you so choose. We'll keep all the Swayman talk contained to this thread.

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute to the conversation, move along.

We will not have this devolve into thread hijacking and flaming of other posters.

@Gee Wally

We have numerous deletions and more in here. We know tension and emotions are high.
But you folks must simply stop taking personal shots at each. Stay to topic.

If not we will be left with no choice other than adding thread bans.

Last edited:

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I bet both sides were never as butt hurt as the comments or media sensationalism led on and the details of an 8 year contract for someone in a position like Sway was a bit challenging to get right for both sides.

Reactions: lopey

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
No one is at their final negotiating position at that stage. Bruins left 8.5m in cap space for a reason. That was what they were willing to pay Swayman push come shove.
I know and agree.

Even that though...I don't think this was well played by the Bruins. Leaving $8.5M in cap space doesn't really leave you in a strong sport to say we can't go above $7.75M, trading Ullmark didn't help the negotiating position and it sounds like arbitration stung a bit too.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I hope you are correct, the kid should be traded for his own sake and career
ANA w/ Gibson out... maybe. They have high priority so it will depend on how confident they are w/ Calle Clang as the backup for the first month, whether any better position players are available and whether any Gs they like better than Bussi are available.

But Bussi is a 26 year old goalie who has had one really good AHL season and one good AHL season. If he gets claimed by ANA he's likely waived again in November when Gibson comes back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad