Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
He has sources he trusts.

Kind of like how there were a lot of people saying they had sources they trusted who told them swaymans dead would be done within 24 hours roughly a week ago today.

Doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good sources
Especially when the guy you are responding to was one of the ones saying the deal was done.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I really have to question the front office at this point. Can they not proper evaluate goaltending talent and tell that Swagman is an elite goalie? The kid only played a limited amount of games because the organization limited his playing time. I am sure he wanted additional starts but the Bruins had a Vezina goalie and wanted to ride them both - that's fine but then you can't hold him accountable for not having enough of track record. Swayman was a stud in college, stud in Providence and a stud at the NHL level...theres the track record. Cut the stupid &&^(&*%^# and pay the man. 8 years at $8mill per and get on with it.
Thats life, many players play behind someone until they get their chance, then it is up to the player to prove that they will deserve a pay day, now is Sways, chance prove then get paid, up too you kid.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's not when you want to lock him up for 8 years. You can't intentionally limit a guy and try to use that against him in contract negotiations
I suppose you could do that, but it’s probably not the best way to make nice with your players

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
They did not intentionally limit Swayman, they played Ullmark and he was a Vezina trophy winner, that is how it works.

Yet tried to dump him mid year. They already signaled the future in net and could have answered their own question and limit risk, but that would require forward thinking

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
NHL Network Radio this morning stated Korpisalo ranked 97 out of 98 goalies that played in the NHL last season.

What if the B’s start 3-8-1 and he’s got a GAA over 3.50?

That is a wild stat if true.

Almost as wild as folks expecting him to be serviceable because of goalie bob and a better defense. Will help, but not miracle workers.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
How does Ryan Whitney know what the actual offer is? Speculation? Twitter?

Unless the agent or Swayman told you how could anything be actual?

Whitney really strongly implied, without actually saying it, that his source is Swayman's camp. It's direct. Could be making that up but I don't think so. Gross has form on this sort of thing.

I'm willing to take it on face value that the $6.2 or whatever exactly it was he said was accurate as being Sweeney's starting offer, because Don didn't deny it and it's perfectly plausible. But how much he's been willing to negotiate up from there we have no idea.

What seemed to really piss the GM off was the leaking (say whatever else you will about Sweeney, his office does not leak) and the allegation that he and Sway are not in regular contact. I'd dismiss it as ludicrous if not for the fact that Krug and DeBrusk have both said similar things in the past - Don has a bit of a habit of going quiet when he has an offer on the table that he's not willing to go beyond. Very different situations - the Bruins no longer really wanted either player, whereas Sway is surely integral to our long-term plans, and for the reason I still find it really hard to believe. But it does make you think.

Ultimately, I think both sides expected there'd be some difference in their positions, but the difference has turned out to be wider and more difficult to bridge than they anticipated. So here we are. Personally, I think Sway is going to be a long-term star for the Bruins and anything under 10 is completely going to be worth it, no matter how long the deal is. Can argue he hasn't quite proven himself enough, but I'm comfortable that he's the real deal. My sense is he and his agent are perhaps making this a little more difficult and grubby than it needs to be (could do without the leaking), but end of the day the Bruins have a genuine game-winner on their hands here and it's on them to sort it out and get this done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruins4Lifer

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
NHL Network Radio this morning stated Korpisalo ranked 97 out of 98 goalies that played in the NHL last season.

Meh... I'm the type to wait and see what he can do in our system before casting judgement...he's had good years before. He's a Bruin now and I want him to excel. Swayman will be back at some point regardless.

Reactions: Dr Hook and BMC

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I really want to put this more on Swayman's agent than Sway but its getting tough.

Anyone else starting to get sour on him over this mess?

We don't have all the information but with the Pastrnak and the McAvoy deal, we know Donny is willing to pay fair market value for his guys.

He's made it clear Swayman is a priority but I don't think the Swayman camp are budging on their ask.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

"The 30-year-old netminder was arguably the league’s worst starting goalie during the 2023-24 campaign, posting a 21-26-4 record last season in Ottawa with an .890 save percentage. Of 98 eligible goalies in the NHL last season, Korpisalo ranked 97th in goals saved above expected at -16.7, per MoneyPuck. "

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I don't really care what is or has been said. People say all kinds of stupid things in the heat of the moment trying to prove themselves right, prove how smart or tough they are. It's all words and posturing. In five or ten years no one cares what was said.
In the end, just get the man signed so we can move on and focus on the team and games.

Reactions: Beyonder

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Boston. That'd be worse than what they got for Seguin
Of course it would! Goalies hold little trade value.

Plus this would give the Bruins (give or take) $6M to add to their roster day one this season. Added bonus that they dump the selfish malcontent Swayman.

Never want to spend big money on your goaltending and Goalie Bob will sprinkle his fairy dust on Mrazek and Korpisalo giving the Bruins the best goaltending duo in the league for just a little over $6M for the next two seasons.

Sweenius.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

He’s won 115 games
Whitney really strongly implied, without actually saying it, that his source is Swayman's camp. It's direct. Could be making that up but I don't think so. Gross has form on this sort of thing.

I'm willing to take it on face value that the $6.2 or whatever exactly it was he said was accurate as being Sweeney's starting offer, because Don didn't deny it and it's perfectly plausible. But how much he's been willing to negotiate up from there we have no idea.

What seemed to really piss the GM off was the leaking (say whatever else you will about Sweeney, his office does not leak) and the allegation that he and Sway are not in regular contact. I'd dismiss it as ludicrous if not for the fact that Krug and DeBrusk have both said similar things in the past - Don has a bit of a habit of going quiet when he has an offer on the table that he's not willing to go beyond. Very different situations - the Bruins no longer wanted either player, whereas Sway is surely integral to our long-term plans, and for the reason I still find it really hard to believe. But it does make you think.

Ultimately, I think both sides expected there'd be some difference in their positions, but the difference has turned out to be wider and more difficult to bridge than they anticipated. So here we are. Personally, I think Sway is going to be a long-term star for the Bruins and anything under 10 is completely going to be worth it, no matter how long the deal is. Can argue he hasn't quite proven himself enough, but I'm comfortable that he's the real deal. My sense is he and his agent are perhaps making this a little more difficult and grubby than it needs to be (could do without the leaking), but end of the day the Bruins have a genuine game-winner on their hands here and it's on them to sort it out and get this done.
I think everyone here has a figure they’d pay out and accept

Mine is 6/50

I’d take it if it was me and be 31 and ready to grab another deal ……

And I’d pay it out if Bruins ~ keeps me under cap and I avoid the 8 years i want to avoid on a goalie - however, if I could get him at 8/64 I would

However I admit I’d have a problem 9 or 10. I would not do those as AAV

No one is holding a gun to Sways head so just take 2 years and gamble you play great and find a team
If he wants more

Basically 2 is his call

A. 4/30 7.5 AAV
B. 6/50 8.3 AAV
C. 8/64 8 AAV

I don’t understand why can’t be resolved in 24 hours

Here is your choices pick one

If you don’t like A, B, C we will go 2/12 6 AAV and see you down the road

I would vomit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad