Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
June 15th{ You know who might make an under the radar back up goalie acquistion? Joonas Korpisalo, HF Bruins BOARDS: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Now: Korpisalo is really decent. He was good 4 year ago in the playoffs and had a great nine games for LA. Don't read too much into LA needing a goalie for the past six or seven years and not re signing him. Bruins are so good defensively anyone could do well.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
This thread:
jason-momoa-folding-chair.gif

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
June 15th{ You know who might make an under the radar back up goalie acquistion? Joonas Korpisalo, HF Bruins BOARDS: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Now: Korpisalo is really decent. He was good 4 year ago in the playoffs and had a great nine games for LA. Don't read too much into LA needing a goalie for the past six or seven years and not re signing him. Bruins are so good defensively anyone could do well.

It’s actually funny if you go back to the post game threads and game day threads for when we played against korpisalo.

There’s a whole post game thread convo about how lucky we are to have Ullmark/swayman and how lucky we are to not be a poverty franchise and stuck with bad goalies like korpisalo.

The game day threads had comments like “and this is what bad goal tending looks like”

There are comments saying “if ottawa has swayman/Ullmark instead of korpisalo/forsberg then they are likely a playoff team.

Now that he gets traded here it’s a completely different tune.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
The Bruins only winning one Cup between 2009 and 2023 (when Bergeron and Krejci both retired hence me using that as a cutoff) is incredibly disappointing.

They had a couple of historic drafts coupled with an all-time free agent class at a time where it turned out they had two Hall of Fame goalies in the system. Then they got an amazing deal for Kessel that set them up to have a true dynastic run. And even then in the middle they had a chance to extend the whole thing via the draft but f***ed it up.

Stars taking hometown discounts did nothing to improve their chances at winning more Cups (the only thing that should count during the era of the Bruins) because the team never actually took advantage of those hometown discounts. The general managers left the team with major holes almost every season and a lot of warts got covered up by the goaltending.

Swayman doing the Bruins a "favor" won't matter in the slightest. If anything it might stop Don Sweeney from giving out yet another outrageous deal to a third pairing defenseman he'll inevitably have to buyout while the team carries dead cap space. Or I guess he can give away more draft picks that then hurt their chances of filling the roster with good players on rookie contracts.

This is fair but how can you know that they wouldn't have done even worse without those good contracts?

Correlation doesn't equal causation. They didn't win more than 1 cup with those hometown discounts, but that doesn't mean they didn't help. For the record, I don't think Swayman should get more than 8x8, but I also don't think that Swayman owes them anything. I just don't agree with the logic that discounts are meaningless because they didn't win more than 1 cup in 14 years

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
4 years ago vs last season. PLD was Columbus' future back then.

The Bruins have been living off playing in a trash division for years now and good for them. They are still better than the bottom four in this division even without Swayman. Doesn't matter how far Sweeney's teams get as he's Harry Sinden part deux thus far
and yet still do better than 3/4 of managers/ teams in the league
Can't knock the Bruins with slamming most of the 75% of the league in rhe same breath

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
If Gross wants revenge for the Krug contract pull and the arbitration loss and is really asking for more then McAvoy ~ even though he’s 31 I would take Connor Hellebuyck.

He’s the best goalie in the league im, played at U Lowell and remember him on Hockey East saying how much he loved the area

I’m Donny I give it a couple weeks and if nothing give it a shot

I’m team Sway but if he’s not liking the offer or hanging with the boys anymore - put Hellebuyck on this team they are favored to win it all to me

• Haha
Reactions: drkfluff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If Gross wants revenge for the Krug contract pull and the arbitration loss and is really asking for more then McAvoy ~ even though he’s 31 I would take Connor Hellebuyck.

He’s the best goalie in the league im, played at U Lowell and remember him on Hockey East saying how much he loved the area

I’m team Sway but if he’s not liking the offer or hanging with the boys anymore - put Hellebuyck on this team they are favored to win it all to me

Hellebuyck is giving Ullmark a run for his money for worst postseason goaltender in the league over the past three years.

I want him no where near this team.

Also who says he wants more than McAvoy? WEEI?… who also said a deal was done earlier this week? I wouldn’t trust it.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It’s actually funny if you go back to the post game threads and game day threads for when we played against korpisalo.

There’s a whole post game thread convo about how lucky we are to have Ullmark/swayman and how lucky we are to not be a poverty franchise and stuck with bad goalies like korpisalo.

The game day threads had comments like “and this is what bad goal tending looks like”

There are comments saying “if ottawa has swayman/Ullmark instead of korpisalo/forsberg then they are likely a playoff team.

Now that he gets traded here it’s a completely different tune.
Yea, the Bruins have had great goaltending tandem no doubt .......and will likely step back when they dont.....but considering the opposition in this league they will still get their 100 points ......I love how Bruins bashers were saying same thing about all the aging players they are about to lose......Chara, Rask, Bergeron, Krejci....... how they were gonna miss play offs .....Bruins have lost better players than Jeremy Swayman .......the sky ain't falling in Bruinsville over a Jeremy Swayman, as much as leafs fans and the like keep preaching it will.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What a weird position.

A very, very important position, but a weird one.

Andrew Raycroft wins the Calder trophy, and holds out so they bring Tim Thomas back over from Europe.

Eventually, Raycroft gets dealt for Tuukka Rask.

Great goal tending does not guarantee playoff success, but bad goaltending will certainly torpedo your chances at winning a Cup.

I honestly don’t know what either side does in this scenario. The timing is really awkward in terms of Swayman being restricted, but also looking to cash in.

Both sides are clearly playing a public Croatians game.

The Bruins’ flagship radio station is using the term “holdout” in its hourly update despite this, not technically being a holdout situation.

Feels like a game of chicken.

Imagine this place in a post game thread if Swayman isn’t signed come November and they lose because Korpisalo lets in a softie?
I was sitting at a game late in season when Swayman let in 2 goals and they weren’t even soft and he was getting razed. I looked at my buddy and said ‘tough crowd. I thought he was going to break the code. But guess not’

These fans will be all over his shit and unfairly if he’s less then very good - maybe very good isn’t good enough

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Hellebuyck is this eras Cujo.......stands on his head until it really matters. Can't win a big game to save his life.....or team Horrendous in ladt yeas play offs .....giving up half a dozen every game. lol

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yea, the Bruins have had great goaltending tandem no doubt .......and will likely step back when they dont.....but considering the opposition in this league they will still get their 100 points ......I love how Bruins bashers were saying same thing about all the aging players they are about to lose......Chara, Rask, Bergeron, Krejci....... how they were gonna miss play offs .....Bruins have lost better players than Jeremy Swayman .......the sky ain't falling in Bruinsville over a Jeremy Swayman, as much as leafs fans and the like keep preaching it will.

It’s not just losing Jeremy swayman it’s also losing Ullmark.

They are going from 82 games of swayman/Ullmark to 82 games of korpisalo/bussi

That could, without exaggeration be in contention for going from the best goalie combo to the worst goalie combo in the league.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

That could, without exaggeration be n contention for going from the best goalie combo to the worst goalie combo in the league.
In contention with who ......the leafs ? 🤣

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

That could, without exaggeration be in contention for going from the best goalie combo to the worst goalie combo in the league.
Swayman wants to be a businessman and do podcasts more than be the Bruins #1 goalie. Setting the market for future goalies is what he cares about most. It sucks.

• Haha
Reactions: drkfluff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
In contention with who ......the leafs ? 🤣

I can’t name 5 goalie combos right now that I’m confident korpisalo/bussi are better than.

Maybe Chicago? But Mrazek had a much better year last year on a bad Chicago team than korpisalo had on a ottawa

Bluejackets and Calgary goalies are in that conversation for sure. Don’t see many others that are worse than korp/bussi.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Hellebuyck is this eras Cujo.......stands on his head until it really matters. Can't win a big game to save his life.....or team Horrendous in ladt yeas play offs .....giving up half a dozen every game. lol
doesn’t always carry over - one of the cool parts of life/universe

Ideally sign Swayman but if it is not happening that’s where I’d go

Reactions: PaulD

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Swayman wants to be a businessman and do podcasts more than be the Bruins #1 goalie. Setting the market for future goalies is what he cares about most. It sucks.

Idk how many times this has to be said but he never said that. I’ve asked dozens of posters who claim this to provide proof and no one has been able to.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
This is fair but how can you know that they wouldn't have done even worse without those good contracts?

Correlation doesn't equal causation. They didn't win more than 1 cup with those hometown discounts, but that doesn't mean they didn't help. For the record, I don't think Swayman should get more than 8x8, but I also don't think that Swayman owes them anything. I just don't agree with the logic that discounts are meaningless because they didn't win more than 1 cup in 14 years

"even worse" = what exactly? They should have won multiple Cups as is, yet even with hometown discounts they didn't. Which is exactly my point.

The hometown discounts didn't actually matter. The only Cup they won came with a roster totally devoid of discounts.

Maybe they miss the playoffs three or four years instead of two? Maybe they lose one more first round series they did win? Who cares? Not I. I'm not saying only seasons when you win the Cup can be considered good. I'm specifically talking about an era of the Boston Bruins when they had incredible talent with the draft capital to build a dynasty. Instead they always had fundamentally damaging holes that the fanbase was screaming about before every season.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I can’t name 5 goalie combos right now that I’m confident korpisalo/bussi are better than.

Maybe Chicago? But Mrazek had a much better year last year on a bad Chicago team than korpisalo had on a ottawa

Bluejackets and Calgary goalies are in that conversation for sure. Don’t see many others that are worse than korp/bussi.
won't know till both play in net fir this Bruins team.......which they have never done.
Ullmark for example won't get a sniff at a vezina on the Sens.....yet
he ran away with one on the Bruins

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
doesn’t always carry over - one of the cool parts of life/universe

Ideally sign Swayman but if it is not happening that’s where I’d go
Swayman yes.....
but doesn't always carry over. He may look just average when Ulmark aint there to share the load. Like Murray did when Fluery left Pens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad