Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -V - all still silent

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
He's from Winthrop, where I used to live. Feel bad for the guy. Yes he has plenty of money but he never really played in the NHL.

Mad Mike strikes again.
Early March 2020 or late Feb I went with my dad to a Providenice College game and we sat like 3rd row directly behind the goal Sway defended twice.

He reminded me of watching Rick DiPietro there a generation ago. Controlled his net carried himself like a future pro. Sway still allowed 3 soft goals IIRC.

Take out 2024 playoffs and he’s a 5 mil guy that couldn’t unseat Ullmark.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Well…Brazeau and Boqvist weren’t even on the team to start the year. Wotherspoon also wasn’t on the team to start the year. Quite a leap - especially with Brazeau - to just place them in the starting lineup at the beginning of the year. Allowing yourself perfect hindsight.

Not as much as Peeke of course, since we traded for him in February.

And that’s all assuming Swayman would have wanted to lock in at that rate which is dubious at best.
You are being pretty pedantic here.

Brazeau was Providence property. They could've signed him well before the season instead of the Milan Lucic Return to the North End Tour 2024. Unless you think the front office spent no time scouting the Providence team in 22-23.

Boqvist signed with Boston in July. Yes it's an incredible stretch to say that a guy they signed in July could;ve have been on the team in October. Great point.

Parker Wotherspoon signed a contract with the Boston Bruins on July 1, 2023. "Wasn't on the team" is being overly literal and needlessly so. He was Bs property before Shattenkirk was. Again, you must think awfully badly of the B's front office to think they didn't know they had Wotherspoon signed or hadn't scouted him before signing him on July 1.

I get it. You want to build a false dichotomy where the only choice is some Coyle or Lindholm cap dump deal because that suits your argument. I could have changed my suggestion to many hypothetical trades and moves that worked, but instead kept it to simple moves that they could've made in house. Made the room, rather easily, with no unlikely trade or impossible wish.

And did it easily. Sorry if that upsets you.

Ok?

Reactions: Boston Bruno

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If the bruins go from swayman/Ullmark to korpisalo/bussi…

Not even exaggerating that’s in contention to go from best goalie combo in the league to the worst.
Ullmark it’s the worst playoff goalie in the NHL at the moment so your take is only related to the regular season.

Bussi has been one of the best goalies outside the NHL for the last 2 years. He can’t be worse than playoff Ullmark. Is he better than 2024 all star Swayman almost certainly not but he’s on an ELC not engaged in a crazy holdout when we actually have the cap space.

Idk what Jeremy is thinking. We have plenty of cap space and he knows what our best offer is. Why play chicken with your career like this? I guess he can focus on being a businessman and setting the table for the next generation of goalies in Utah as that is what his priority is.

Reactions: KWbruin

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ullmark it’s the worst playoff goalie in the NHL at the moment so your take is only related to the regular season.

Bussi has been one of the best goalies outside the NHL for the last 2 years. He can’t be worse than playoff Ullmark. Is he better than 2024 all star Swayman almost certainly not but he’s on an ELC not engaged in a crazy holdout when we actually have the cap space.

Idk what Jeremy is thinking. We have plenty of cap space and he knows what our best offer is. Why play chicken with your career like this? I guess he can focus on being a businessman and setting the table for the next generation of goalies in Utah as that is what his priority is.

You have to make the playoffs in order to suck in the playoffs.

That would be in question if korpisalo and bussi were our two goaltenders.

• Haha
Reactions: BigGoalBrad

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You are being pretty pedantic here.

Brazeau was Providence property. They could've signed him well before the season instead of the Milan Lucic Return to the North End Tour 2024. Unless you think the front office spent no time scouting the Providence team in 22-23.

Boqvist signed with Boston in July. Yes it's an incredible stretch to say that a guy they signed in July could;ve have been on the team in October. Great point.

Parker Wotherspoon signed a contract with the Boston Bruins on July 1, 2023. "Wasn't on the team" is being overly literal and needlessly so. He was Bs property before Shattenkirk was. Again, you must think awfully badly of the B's front office to think they didn't know they had Wotherspoon signed or hadn't scouted him before signing him on July 1.

I get it. You want to build a false dichotomy where the only choice is some Coyle or Lindholm cap dump deal because that suits your argument. I could have changed my suggestion to many hypothetical trades and moves that worked, but instead kept it to simple moves that they could've made in house. Made the room, rather easily, with no unlikely trade or impossible wish.

And did it easily. Sorry if that upsets you.

Ok?
None of those players were known well enough to them this time last year - or even at the end of camp - to plug them in the lineup. I wasn’t saying they weren’t Bruins property. I was saying that looking back and putting a third line together in October of Brazeau-Poitras-Boqvist is pretty hilarious. Just to sign a goalie who is three years away from UFA. People would have lost their ever loving minds if that was the lineup they rolled out.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Walking him right to UFA? Probably. No GM would ever do that though.

Yeah, it would have been an absurd contract.

Sway's agent completely mishandled last summer. No way he should have ever actually had an arbitration hearing. The arbitrator almost always comes down right in the middle. the agent should have had his client sign the contract for a middle number without having the sensitive client deal with the cold hard facts.

Unfortunately in general it would appear Sways agent just plain sucks at his job

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yeah, it would have been an absurd contract.

Sway's agent completely mishandled last summer. No way he should have ever actually had an arbitration hearing. The arbitrator almost always comes down right in the middle. the agent should have had his client sign the contract for a middle number without having the sensitive client deal with the cold hard facts.

Unfortunately in general it would appear Sways agent just plain sucks at his job

You have no idea what the bruins were offering that forced swayman to go to arbitration though.

There is just as likely of odds swayman got more money from the arbitration hearing than the bruins offer.

Actually someone correct me if I’m wrong. Bruins couldn’t even offer more than what swayman got from the arbiter. Weren’t we almost right up to the cap after the arbitration deal?

Last edited:

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
You have no idea what the bruins were offering that forced swayman to go to arbitration though.

There is just as likely of odds swayman got more money from the arbitration hearing than the bruins offer.

Actually someone correct me if I’m wrong. Bruins couldn’t even offer more than what swayman got from the arbiter. Weren’t we almost right up to the cap after the arbitration deal?
I remember reading somewhere that the Bruins offer started with a 3, Swayman's ask was in the 4's, but during arbitration, Bruins lowered their offer to the 2's and whatever rationale they used seems to have bruised Swayman's feelings. The end result in the 3's was just a little bit more than what they had offered him to begin with. Not sure why Bruins didn't go the 2 year route. Would the amount have been different? Does the player have to agree to the 2 year vs 1 year? All moot now, the current contract situation is what it is.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
If the bruins go from swayman/Ullmark to korpisalo/bussi…

Not even exaggerating that’s in contention to go from best goalie combo in the league to the worst.
Korps stood on his head and beat the leafs in the first round.
Swayman did same.
Korps will do fine in Bostons system. Like every other goalie they've had for the last 15 years.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Swayman did same.
Korps will do fine in Bostons system. Like every other goalie they've had for the last 15 years.

Except Jonas Gustavsson.

Every goalie that has join the bruins over the past 15 years has been significantly better at their previous stops than korpisalo except Gustavsson.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Bussi has been one of the best goalies outside the NHL for the last 2 years
This isn't true. He was 22nd in the AHL last year in GAA. He was in a 3way tie for 13th in Save %.

Do you think Ales Stezka was one of the best goalies outside of the NHL? Toronto goalie prospect Dennis Hildeby had a better stats than Bussi last year. So are you comfortable going with a goalie who's about the same as Toronto's 3rd goalie?

Bussi's stats last year weren't even as good as his teammate Mike DiPietro. Oh, and Bussi only started 41 games last year. We know that a player who hasn't played 65 games in a season really can't be counted on.

I'd be fine with Bussi getting first crack at #2 behind Swayman and playing 17 or so games. But if he's starting 50, they aren't making the playoffs.

None of those players were known well enough to them this time last year - or even at the end of camp - to plug them in the lineup. I wasn’t saying they weren’t Bruins property. I was saying that looking back and putting a third line together in October of Brazeau-Poitras-Boqvist is pretty hilarious. Just to sign a goalie who is three years away from UFA. People would have lost their ever loving minds if that was the lineup they rolled out.

76cadd7e381a413b4746a12b2ee5f221.gif

Swayman did same.
How did Korpisalo do against Edmonton in the last playoff round he played? But sure, a weird covid bubble run 5 years ago (forgetting of course that he stunk in the next round) totally means he's Swayman's equal.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
The trash really rises to the top here when a player wants to get paid.

Hoping when he signs you sellouts won't cheer for him when the Bruins rack up the wins. What a bunch of frauds. Not talking about the good constructive convo from people that aren't assassinating his character

Last edited:

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Swayman did same.
4 years ago vs last season. PLD was Columbus' future back then.

You have to make the playoffs in order to suck in the playoffs.

That would be in question if korpisalo and bussi were our two goaltenders.
The Bruins have been living off playing in a trash division for years now and good for them. They are still better than the bottom four in this division even without Swayman. Doesn't matter how far Sweeney's teams get as he's Harry Sinden part deux thus far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad