Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -neither elect arbitration (page 16)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Glad I took real time and real effort to state my case so it could be dismissed in such a patronizing manner. f***ing love this place.
I don’t agree it’s ok

I think he’s worth 3 M

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I think that's a very plausible theory....

For the record, I didn't like the Ullmark trade either, but I'm over it. I also wasn't a fan of signing Derek Forbort's replacement for $5mil/yr, but I'm over that as well.
I know several people think this, but hang in there and wait. In order to make your off season more pleasant just consider the possibility that Zadorov is a guy just coming into his full game as an NHL D man and he will actually amaze you, have his best season ever, make everyone else around him better, allow McAvoy to have his best season ever, and give us lots of great video clips to enjoy as he obliterates people all year long.

Just believe it for now. You will be happier.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Bruins are paying him $3 M to play in Boston and a cap hit/insurance policy of $1.85 M to play in Providence

No one likes to pay insurance until you need it

To me his $3M contract seems ball park and he’s experienced and won playoff games

I don’t get the drama

If he’s in Boston and plays well he’s worth it

If he’s in Providence he’s less then 2 M insurance policy who cleared waivers

At 3 M he could even be claimed or the Bruins retain 12.5 % and make him a 2.5 M Goalie

To me this is silliness because of Sweeney hate because he’s short
Do you think he's a better goalie than Karel Vejmelka or 2024 version of Marc Andre Fleury?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
But goaltenders are different.

See Carey Price.

Carey Price is a great example for why you want to lock up Swayman on a long-term deal.

Finishes his ELC then signs a 2-year bridge than at age 24/25 signs/begins a 6-year deal that pays him 6.5 million per to age 30. It was his final contract at 10.5 where his knee gave out but the first 3 years of that deal he was still Carey Price of old, carrying the Habs to a finals appearance at age 33, the same age Swayman would be if he signed an 8-year extension.

The Price contract in his prime from 2012-2018 was one of the best contracts in the entire NHL and if they signed Swayman through his prime the safe money says it would be incredible value.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Do you think he's a better goalie than Karel Vejmelka or 2024 version of Marc Andre Fleury?
Haha

You know probably lol

If he made 3 M in SIM I would Do it

4 M blah
3 M I’m ok

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Carey Price is a great example for why you want to lock up Swayman on a long-term deal.

Finishes his ELC then signs a 2-year bridge than at age 24/25 signs/begins a 6-year deal that pays him 6.5 million per to age 30. It was his final contract at 10.5 where his knee gave out but the first 3 years of that deal he was still Carey Price of old, carrying the Habs to a finals appearance at age 33, the same age Swayman would be if he signed an 8-year extension.

The Price contract in his prime from 2012-2018 was one of the best contracts in the entire NHL and if they signed Swayman through his prime the safe money says it would be incredible value.
Exactly. And now do Vasi - look when he signed his deal. It’s like crapping on the Devils for locking up Jack Hughes early.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I think a lot of Bruins fans would be fine with a long term deal for Swayman. The Bruins should already have enough cap space to do so. Chris and Dom mentioned on the Tuesday podcast the potential of a shorter term deal so that Swayman can fully cash in when the cap increases even more in the coming years. I wonder if the hold up is an ask of around $8M for 3-4 years, and the Bruins probably wanting to lock up Swayman for the extra 4 years at that cap hit. There are also the intricacies of structuring the deal, taking a potential lockout into consideration, and etc.

At the end of the day, I hope he remains a Bruin, and he probably does.

Reactions: Gordoff

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
History will show the results but I find it real hard to believe that the Korps is going to do anything that Bussi couldn't have done at a much cheaper rate.

If goalie Bob could fix Korps , pretty sure he could help Bussi with his short comings too.

In the end I'm pretty certain history will show the Ullmark trade was a giant misstep. Here's how......

Ullmark will vastly improve a division rival.
Korps will be no better than Bussi
the draft pick, let's hope it works out, this is the only thing that could save the trade but when you start with what most pundits deem to be a 4-5 year project , call me silly if I'm not expecting much.

DS should have kept Ullmark. He was determined to get a draft pick. He will likely have to attach another 1st to Korps to get rid of him down the road.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
History will show the results but I find it real hard to believe that the Korps is going to do anything that Bussi couldn't have done at a much cheaper rate.

If goalie Bob could fix Korps , pretty sure he could help Bussi with his short comings too.

In the end I'm pretty certain history will show the Ullmark trade was a giant misstep. Here's how......

the draft pick, let's hope it works out, this is the only thing that could save the trade but when you start with what most pundits deem to be a 4-5 year project , call me silly if I'm not expecting much.

DS should have kept Ullmark. He was determined to get a draft pick. He will likely have to attach another 1st to Korps to get rid of him down the road.
better chance Korpi is good and plays to that contract

He played on a team that fired their GM, coach - players like Stutzle seemed to quit, defense was pathetic

His contract for Boston is right in line with his value

How did we arrive at this here lol

It’s like no one factors in its 3 M not 4 M
Ottawa has paid 8 M of the 20 M for 1 year

The drama and tears shed over this I’m enjoying

At worst he’s a $1.85 insurance policy in Providence if not claimed which could happen

Wizard Bob approved so I’m going with the goalie whisperer

All you Bruins fans relax

Korpi will work out one way another

He’s easily moveable

Ottawa
1 year 8 M
Bruins
4 year 12 M

The shit ass Sens organization is the bad one

The one run by Cam & Don is the good one

All good with Bruins

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I actually heard Sweeney bashing on radio taking on 20 M contract they could have got a second line RW :laugh:no push back from hosts….‘great caller’ yesh

1. It’s 12 M over 4 years (Ottawa responsible for 8 M even though the 9 HFB Sens fans are high-fiving each other how dumb Bruins are) this place
2. The going price is 2-3.3 M for this type of player who’s played minimum 100 NHL games
3. Lysell is a RW drafted in first round and they need to play him - if he struggles they have both Geekie & Brazzeau who can play RW
4. Playoffs start in 9 months

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

Yeah I mean I read all offseason how Bussi is the next one up and 90% of the posters loved him, now who cares if he is waiver fodder. Korpisalo even at 3 mil is an albatros if youi believe in Bussi and believe in goalie Bob. Sweeney's last two deals getting Peeke and Korpi directly cost him an opportunity to improve the top 6. He even said he had to decide on defense or forward as a big ticket item. How could a team who was to be 25 mil under the cap after an Ullmark trade only come away with a top 2 C and top 4 d with just about enough to sign their franchise goalie.

Again, maybe Lysell or whomever makes it for the best hopefully.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The way I look at it, the Bruins may have run with Bussi, but I also don't think he was ever going to be handed the backup job with zero NHL experience. He might earn it, and great, but the Bruins were surely going to bring in an experienced NHL vet to provide competition and insurance for the position. What does a guy like that cost? $1.5? 2? Halak cost 2.5m a few years ago and no one that I recall was complaining about his AAV. So even if you got a Korpi level guy at $2m instead of 3, that extra $1m bought us Dean Letourneau. That's a good tradeoff to me. And @DKH is right that Korpi can be waived to Providence and save 1.15m per, which is more than Bussi makes. It has to be the summer time, as it seems really fiery in here over a backup goaltender who isn't paid (by Boston, anyway) much if any beyond the going rate for a backup.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
The way I look at it, the Bruins may have run with Bussi, but I also don't think he was ever going to be handed the backup job with zero NHL experience. He might earn it, and great, but the Bruins were surely going to bring in an experienced NHL vet to provide competition and insurance for the position. What does a guy like that cost? $1.5? 2? Halak cost 2.5m a few years ago and no one that I recall was complaining about his AAV. So even if you got a Korpi level guy at $2m instead of 3, that extra $1m bought us Dean Letourneau. That's a good tradeoff to me. And @DKH is right that Korpi can be waived to Providence and save 1.15m per, which is more than Bussi makes. It has to be the summer time, as it seems really fiery in here over a backup goaltender who isn't paid (by Boston, anyway) much if any beyond the going rate for a backup.
This place is borderline unreadable some days in the summer, just gotta take everything with a grain of salt and have some fun with it.

The sky is falling, but at least it's nice out

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Yeah I mean I read all offseason how Bussi is the next one up and 90% of the posters loved him, now who cares if he is waiver fodder. Korpisalo even at 3 mil is an albatros if youi believe in Bussi and believe in goalie Bob. Sweeney's last two deals getting Peeke and Korpi directly cost him an opportunity to improve the top 6. He even said he had to decide on defense or forward as a big ticket item. How could a team who was to be 25 mil under the cap after an Ullmark trade only come away with a top 2 C and top 4 d with just about enough to sign their franchise goalie.

Again, maybe Lysell or whomever makes it for the best hopefully.

It really is amazing that the same posters who were gushing over Bussi just 3+ months ago and how having him as a cheap backup will be great for the bruins ability to build a playoff roster, now view him as waiver fodder.

Kept hearing about how trading Ullmark will return us a piece that could make a difference in the playoffs and the only player that will likely see playoff ice time in that deal is a 4th liner in kastelic. But now everyone loves the trade!

Reactions: JOKER 192

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
This isn’t how it works. What’s the market value for the player? Can you convince him to take a little less? You can’t say “$32 million is a lot of money for someone who was drafted late” and Swayman’s camp says “Yeah, you’re right. I’ll take less because I was a fourth rounder”.
Oh I know....I'm just saying his workload to date, the fact he truly hasn't won anything, it doesn't scream 8 million per/8 years. I was just stating that he's a 4th rounder, not like he's a 1st rounder, who people have been talking about for years to be the next Patrick Roy or Marty Brodeur.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
It really is amazing that the same posters who were gushing over Bussi just 3+ months ago and how having him as a cheap backup will be great for the bruins ability to build a playoff roster, now view him as waiver fodder.

Kept hearing about how trading Ullmark will return us a piece that could make a difference in the playoffs and the only player that will likely see playoff ice time in that deal is a 4th liner in kastelic. But now everyone loves the trade!
It’s mindboggling. Literally nobody drew it up this way, and was probably the worst case scenario but it’s all good. Basically wanting Dean Letourneau resulted in overpaying 3 fold for a backup, not getting any immediate help, possibly losing Bussi for nothing and taking them completely out of the winger market.

Oh I know....I'm just saying his workload to date, the fact he truly hasn't won anything, it doesn't scream 8 million per/8 years. I was just stating that he's a 4th rounder, not like he's a 1st rounder, who people have been talking about for years to be the next Patrick Roy or Marty Brodeur.
Roy wasn’t a first rounder either.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
RayCroft went deep into this about a good experienced back up figure 1/3 games (27) in that $2.5 M area.

Majority loves Swayman he’s around 50 % not 67 % and Bussi has never played

It’s just smart - there so many things that make sense and few that don’t

Better be safe then sorry applies here

His cap hit to Boston in Providence as a viable insurance policy is $1.85 M

Money well spent

Personally I think he makes team and we see the Kings guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad