Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Think it's more Jacobs has no intention of singing a goalie with that little of a resume to that big a deal and Sweeney is the messenger. Jacob's would be happier to pay him nothing and let him sit and trade him

He just did it with one of their most recently goaltenders in Tuukka

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
I am *not* a GMDS fan but it's hard, maybe I should say lazy, to claim that they are incompetent and don't deserve any shred of confidence. Yeah, the Swayman contract is going to be a battle - a mini battle or larger battle, we'll see - but the org has sealed a lot of deals with expensive, top players in the last several years and those have generally been solid. And they have done their share of winning, if not enough in the playoffs. I don't think you can take the accomplishments away from them because Swayman isn't signed yet.

I don't enjoy the prickly nature of the front office either but I'm not inclined to categorically dismiss some good work that has happened.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Tuukka was 1st round pick.

Besides, not really being mentioned is the NHLPA/Agents vs the Board of Governors/Owners in a battle to not reset the goaltending salaries to be inline with the top defensemen and just below forwards.
So if Swayman is worth 9-10M/yr, that pushes Shesterkin to 11-12M/yr. Owners don't want that if McDavid, Draisaitl, and McKinnon are going to be worth 13-14M/yr

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Gross is just doing what his client wants.

Judging by how wrong ever rumor/source has been about just nearly everything this summer involving the bruins. I would imagine the Gross rumors are just as inaccurate.
There is history

If you lose in arbitration and you presented the case you are going to blame the other screwing you

the one leaking all the shit was Gross - 100 %

He plays this way

He F’d up Krug and good on Torey being loyal to him

End of day there is plenty of time to get done and a lot of people thought so including FOS & FOSGF

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If you trade Swayman you better make sure you're getting actual assets back. Multiple 1sts and a Center and Goalie. No 4th liners and no toss in picks for taking garbage contracts
I dont think youll get multiple 1st rounders, you might get 1. If a center or goalie is coming back it certainly won't be anyone in the upper echelon

And there's no chance you get all 3 of these in 1 shot. Choose one.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
There is history

If you lose in arbitration and you presented the case you are going to blame the other screwing you

He plays this way

End of day there is plenty of time to get done and a lot of people thought so including FOS & FOSGF

And all of these are just unsubstantiated claims by you.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Bruins are paying 3 mil a year.

I know, but JK's total wage is $5 mil. Point being that this is an established goalie earning serious money. Whatever his shortcomings or past form issues, you don't bury that in the minors unless your hand is really forced. If Sway does hold out past the start of the season, this debate becomes academic anyway.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I don't understand this connection people keep trying to make.

Sweeney could pay Swayman what he's asking right now. He just won't, because he hasn't earned it. It has nothing to do with Korpisalo.

And yes, Korpisalo is overpaid for his performance but we got a first round pick as part of the compensation to overpay him. That's common practice in the NHL. Is someone going to give us a draft pick to overpay Swayman?
You're absolutely right. Teams get a 1st round pick for a 3 year cap dump.

But then that means they traded a Vezina goalie for a guy who was a part time 4th liner.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Reactions: Dr Quincy

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I don't know. I really question whether many people would hold it against him 2 months from now as long as it gets sorted out. I'm not saying I like it, only that a holdout seems inevitable given where things stand and with seemingly little movement on the offer recently. Forces the Bruins to show whether they are really willing to risk starting the season without Swayman.

Given how business saturated pro sports is, holding it against the player (within reason) seems like an antiquated notion. Boegarts, Betts, Brady, and plenty of others have left because of $ and are still pretty beloved. Unless Swayman goes to Toronto or Montreal, at least ;)

You omit a pertinent detail.

None of those guys play for the Boston Bruins.

For good or ill, hockey fans in general, and, I would argue, Bruins fans in particular, are sometimes unreasonably passionate in their fandom.

If Toronto, Montreal, and the other Canadian markets are guilty of absurd expectations and vociferous condemnation for the slightest infraction, Bruins fans and media are not far behind.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Fan is short for fanatic.

Reactions: Boston Bruno

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Nope

excellent post!
Apparently Donnie has a thing against falsehoods.... unless it's saying that they had no idea about the full extent about the Mitch Miller situation, when they also said they studied it for a year and there were both public court documents and a pretty widely read article that detailed it all.

I'm all for going after Biz and the like for false reporting. But the sanctimonious posturing was a bit over the top.

There is history

He plays this way

Who leaked the rumors that you were spreading yesterday? Gross?

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Apparently Donnie has a thing against falsehoods.... unless it's saying that they had no idea about the full extent about the Mitch Miller situation, when they also said they studied it for a year and there were both public court documents and a pretty widely read article that detailed it all.

I'm all for going after Biz and the like for false reporting. But the sanctimonious posturing was a bit over the top.
Excellent point. Way to ride your high horse into quicksand, Don.

He can't seem to get through a presser without pinning blame on somebody. Players, coaches, or media. Last May he called a presser seemingly to bitch at the media for asking questions of Monty about the officiating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad