Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I think it's possible that Bussi would be claimed, but not probable. I'm not sure he's shown enough to have too many interested parties. But of course it only takes one.

My take is Sweeney would like to keep him, because he is a solid option for Providence and to have around should something go wrong in Boston. But he's not going to bury JK to do it. Don will simply take his chances with waivers, see if Bussi clears, and then deal with it as necessary if he doesn't.

My personal opinion is that, while I would have preferred that Korpisalo wasn't signed in the first place, now that he's here the Bruins just have to roll with it and see what they can make of him. You don't put a 30-year-old on $5 mil in the AHL for re-tooling - he has nothing of value he can learn down there - rather you let him play with the big boys and see if he sinks or swims. Bussi has some talent and potential, but end of the day his stats to date are no more than ok. I don't believe he's done enough to warrant moving from the opening roster a guy who, whatever his faults, is a nearly 10-year NHL veteran on decent coin. You start with the vet and go from there.

I respect that you see it differently, but I am 99% certain that, whatever you or I think, Bussi's getting waived.
Bruins are paying 3 mil a year.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I've got nothing new and nothing on what the contract would look like. The Bruins are as tight lipped as Wally's finger on the ban button. If you message anyone on the Bruins asking about it, all you get is a 👀

My guess? If you don't hear before the Sweeney presser today, then it's not happening today. That's my hunch.

Y'all are gonna know before me. I have a day filled with intrusive medical tests starting in the next hour with no access to the internet. So the first thing I will do when I can is check here for a signing. Or not.

Best of luck to you, wishing you well today!

Reactions: Ladyfan

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I've got nothing new and nothing on what the contract would look like. The Bruins are as tight lipped as Wally's finger on the ban button. If you message anyone on the Bruins asking about it, all you get is a 👀

My guess? If you don't hear before the Sweeney presser today, then it's not happening today. That's my hunch.

Y'all are gonna know before me. I have a day filled with intrusive medical tests starting in the next hour with no access to the internet. So the first thing I will do when I can is check here for a signing. Or not.
Best of luck!

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Don had to shuffle a couple things in the Penske file, get that all important Max Jones contract signed, send a fruit basket to Loretta Lynch, check in on Milan L., and get TyJo a PTO.

Swayman was a bit down the list, near "buy Mother in Law a birthday present".

Harvard Management School 101- Prioritize.
I get it. Most of those things are low priority at best. However, I take issue with, and draw the line at, your inclusion of the Penske file.

Cannot blame Donny for that. Impossible to overstate the importance of giving the old Penske file a proper shuffle on a regular basis.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

Good luck, hope everything goes as smoothly as it can for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad