Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman IV - even more nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If only there was a way to do that....
To get a 3rd party to, I dunno, mediate or arbitrate and find middle ground...

I mean I'm sure if it was that easy it would have been done lol. With a 6yr deal it make Swayman a UFA at 31yrs old. Is that something he really wants? probably not. If Boston doesn't want to do a long-term then would Swayman want to just get to UFA status as soon as possible? If so he'd be looking for a 2yr deal, which likely isn't something Sweeney & Co want to do.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The pressure must be getting to Sway big time. He looks tiny. It's like he shrunk over the summer.
His GF looks pretty thin so I’m guessing he’s into kale salad and water with a lemon

Seen a few of my buds in love turn from a diet of North Shore beef and pizza to stuff growing in my yard

Hope he’s not as skinny as looks he’s playing goal not walking a runway in fashion week in Paris

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
His GF looks pretty thin so I’m guessing he’s into kale salad and water with a lemon

Seen a few of my buds in love turn from a diet of North Shore beef and pizza to stuff growing in my yard

Hope he’s not as skinny as looks he’s playing goal not walking a runway in fashion week in Paris

This one hit way to close to home.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
ROv0LK@facebook.gif

Me going to hf for 10 seconds a day all summer to see if Sway signed.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Since 'nothing' is not quantifiable and 'more nothing' is therefore an impossibility, the fact that this thread nonetheless exists tells me there must be 'something' worth posting about. Yet here we are.....

Come on Don and Sway. Get a deal done and free us from this illogical hell :D

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If Swayman is stuck on 9.5 then I’m fine holding. I think it’s way too much. Raymond just got 8.1 and he’s done more than Swayman so far too.

comparing Swayman to Raymond is comparing apples to oranges. One guy is a LW and the other is a Goalie. One guy is 21yrs old coming off an ELC and the other is 25 coming off his 2nd contract

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
comparing Swayman to Raymond is comparing apples to oranges. One guy is a LW and the other is a Goalie. One guy is 21yrs old coming off an ELC and the other is 25 coming off his 2nd contract
One also has 100 more games on the other.
One's 2nd contract was a one year contract.
Both were/are RFA's.
Both are young very very good players but not the most proven.

One took a pretty fair deal compared to other LW's in the market
One is apparently looking to be one of the highest paid at his position with 132 career games played.

It's fairly accurate aside from the position they play & the fact one of them wasn't on a media tour talking about their contract negotiations/business skills.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This is going to get weird bc we actually do have the cap space.

Big loser will be Swayman bc I think Korpisalo and Bussi do well and it’s impossible to come back mid season and not be worse off. I like Sway but 2 years in a row he let Ullmark outplay him regular season and then screw us in the playoffs.

Bruins should give in and do a short term deal who cares if he becomes a UFA you have 12 months before that to negotiate. Can’t see the sides agreeing to anything 6-8 years long.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
This is going to get weird bc we actually do have the cap space.

Big loser will be Swayman bc I think Korpisalo and Bussi do well and it’s impossible to come back mid season and not be worse off. I like Sway but 2 years in a row he let Ullmark outplay him regular season and then screw us in the playoffs.

Wut?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad