Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
What did he say? Some of us don’t “podcast”.
They covered a number of Bruins topics, but probably the most relevant one to this thread was the commentary around the idea that most teams avoid bringing their young stars to arbitration because it often contemplates the next negotiation with the player, which is the situation the Bruins are in. The idea is you find a way to make a deal with that player. Unless the player and/or agent is being completely unreasonable, you just have to find a way to make a deal.

Reactions: BTO

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
And then the playoffs came and flushed all that glory right down the crapper
Are you seriously going to argue the PO Bruins of 22-23 remotely resembled the RS edition health wise? Bergeron alone would have shaved 10 points off their point total and add in no Krejci for 30% of a RS and an injured Ullmark and you are not matching what we saw point total wise this year.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
1726311080672.gif

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Are you seriously going to argue the PO Bruins of 22-23 remotely resembled the RS edition health wise? Bergeron alone would have shaved 10 points off their point total and add in no Krejci for 30% of a RS and an injured Ullmark and you are not matching what we saw point total wise this year.
How many surgeries did they have? How about Florida? Amazing they weren’t hurt of banged up the first 4 games, only when they started it lose? I remember reading how zacha and coyle weren’t much of a downgrade over 37 and 46

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Best 61/2 months. I loved it

Yep, can't deny the enjoyment of watching that season.

"F*** Jeremy Swayman I Root For Management Not Players" was deemed too divisive.

As a fan of the team, doesn't it make more sense to root for management instead of the player?

The more Swayman gets, the worse off the Bruins are cap-wise.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Why hasn’t this thread been renamed to “Stuck In The Past: Crying Over Cassidy edition” yet?

I had to double check what thread I was in for a second lol we have veered pretty far from swayman.

On that note I have officially started getting a little nervous. We are roughly three weeks away from real games. Over the past month half the sources are saying swayman and the team are far apart, the other half saying it’s a lot closer than what’s being reported. Yet time keeps on ticking and no contract as of yet.

Nervous meter 3/10

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Dryden, ON
I had to double check what thread I was in for a second lol we have veered pretty far from swayman.

On that note I have officially started getting a little nervous. We are roughly three weeks away from real games. Over the past month half the sources are saying swayman and the team are far apart, the other half saying it’s a lot closer than what’s being reported. Yet time keeps on ticking and no contract as of yet.

Nervous meter 3/10
Yeah the conflicting reports are a little frustrating…giving me trust issues lol

Reactions: UncleRico

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

As a fan of the team, doesn't it make more sense to root for management instead of the player?
No. The management doesn't provide us any entertainment. Players do. If you want to watch 2 1/2 hours of Don & Cam eating cheezits at their desks that's your choice
Ridiculous.
The Bruins are worse off cap wise because of Zadorov and Korpisalo, Lucic cap penalties and Reilly buyouts far more than they would be with Swayman. Rail against those things more than the cost of signing up one of the 3 most important players on the team.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

What I also think many are forgetting is the Bruins have some important contract's coming up next season, Marchand, Freddy, and Geekie, they are going to need to walk a fine line.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
No. The management doesn't provide us any entertainment. Players do. If you want to watch 2 1/2 hours of Don & Cam eating cheezits at their desks that's your choice

Ridiculous.
The Bruins are worse off cap wise because of Zadorov and Korpisalo, Lucic cap penalties and Reilly buyouts far more than they would be with Swayman. Rail against those things more than the cost of signing up one of the 3 most important players on the team.

As you may know, I'm all about the entertainment the game brings. Don't see what that has to do with taking sides in negotiations. Can't be denied that the Bruins are in better shape if Swayman isn't making 9-10 mil next year.

Reactions: lopey and bruins19

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010

Ridiculous.
I loved the Zadorov signing. Agree 100% with everything else

What I also think many are forgetting is the Bruins have some important contract's coming up next season, Marchand, Freddy, and Geekie, they are going to need to walk a fine line.
Cap will go up, they should have enough to sign Marchand and Frederic

Reactions: Dr Quincy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad