Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
You think if they went two, he’d just accept the QO and bail?
Absolutely possible unless they came to the table with an agreeable offer, which is why right now they don't have the balls to offer him two years.

The fact people here think they didn't take two years because they were looking out for him and it wasn't a strategy has their head so far up managements ass they cant see straight.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
A more defensible take than "Swayman should've accepted a 2 year deal at Vladar money "
Who said he should have accepted a 2 year deal at Vladar money?

Absolutely possible unless they came to the table with an agreeable offer, which is why right now they don't have the balls to offer him two years.

The fact people here think they didn't take two years because they were looking out for him and it wasn't a strategy has their head so far up managements ass they cant see straight.
What? People have said over and over that they didn’t take two years because they didn’t want to alienate themselves from Swayman. It would have been in their best interest cap wise to take the two years but they didn’t.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
They did that because they weren't idiots. Choose two years then and it's a given he plays out his final season after and leaves. You really think they did it for his good?

There are at least 32 givens every season in the NHL. If Swayman would have felt taking his team to arbitration and having that team pick two seasons instead of one would be some egregious slight that came out of nowhere, well, the Bruins would have to trade him during the summer of 2025.

Their inability to get good value on trades would probably make the above a nightmare. That'd be a real problem, unlike nailing down an RFA contract for your backup goalie.

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022

What? People have said over and over that they didn’t take two years because they didn’t want to alienate themselves from Swayman. It would have been in their best interest cap wise to take the two years but they didn’t.
It would have been in their best interest cap wise last year to extend him then, but they were horrible with the cap, so they didn't have enough money. Guessing 6.5 or 7 per would easily have gotten it done.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
No, I'm not, because the point is that for all their regular season success they apparently wouldn't have had under Cassidy, it ultimately didn't matter because they choked in the same exact post-season where Bruce Cassidy led his team to a championship.
To quote you:

"The Bruins, after a record-setting NHL regular season, would have beaten Florida two years ago if Bruce Cassidy were still the coach because he wouldn't have waited until Game 7 to put Swayman in. Instead they choked."

My point was that was highly unlikely because Cassidy had lost the room. That has nothing to do with Cassidy winning a Cup with a different team.

No he isn’t

Yes, he is.

Reactions: BBruins and Grimey

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It would have been in their best interest cap wise last year to extend him then, but they were horrible with the cap, so they didn't have enough money. Guessing 6.5 or 7 per would easily have gotten it done.
Ok. And? They couldn’t have done that without dumping Hampus Lindholm or Charlie Coyle. And they had 3 more years of control of the player.

Reactions: Grimey

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
To quote you:

"The Bruins, after a record-setting NHL regular season, would have beaten Florida two years ago if Bruce Cassidy were still the coach because he wouldn't have waited until Game 7 to put Swayman in. Instead they choked."

My point was that was highly unlikely because Cassidy had lost the room. That has nothing to do with Cassidy winning a Cup with a different team.

Yes, he is.

I didn't realize you were focused on the semantics and not the actual point. My bad.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Dryden, ON
Because the Bruins would have chosen one year? Is this a serious question? Why didn't the Bruins? Oh I know, because he would have chosen 2 and left after.

Didn't they have a 3-1 series lead or was that a fever dream?
No? I also said we should be giving Florida credit. If Boston overcame a 3-1 series lead and went on to go 8-1 in the next two rounds would you just shit on the other team or would you also give Boston credit?

Some of you need to spend a couple minutes outside

Reactions: PlayMakers

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
No? I also said we should be giving Florida credit. If Boston overcame a 3-1 series lead and went on to go 8-1 in the next two rounds would you just shit on the other team or would you also give Boston credit?

Some of you need to spend a couple minutes outside
I would shit on the greatest regular season team ever that blew a 3-1 lead. I don’t care what the other team does after

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
By semantics do you mean what you actually said?

Cassidy was pretty notorious for never changing his lineup once he fell in love with it ( which is why the Blues could load up against Perfection ) although he did give Ullmark the hook after Carolina blew him up in the 21 playoffs against Carolina.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I'm talking before arbitration. Do you think they were only offering him a 1 year deal the whole time they were negotiating last May and June?
Interesting.

Because when I made that point that it was a mistake not to go 2 years, you said it was wrong, not because of "Swayman's feelings" but for other reasons.

But hey, at least now we know that you agree that Sweeney botched last year's handling of the arbitration case. Glad we are on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad