Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman III- still nothing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
You'd basically need to run a 21 man roster and decide if you'd rather have Lysell or Wotherspoon up on the roster
You can afford to run a 22 man roster if you give Sway 9.5, you'd just have to run Bussi as the backup instead of Korpisalo.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
You can afford to run a 22 man roster if you give Sway 9.5, you'd just have to run Bussi as the backup instead of Korpisalo.
Hoping Sway gets less than that. If he played a full season this would be a different story but we haven’t scene him with a starters workload. While he was absolutely lights out in the playoffs he did start to show some cracks later in the panthers series.

Reactions: BBruins and GoBs

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
And should an injury occur to one of the goaltenders and you need to call up Korpasalo , how are you going to juggle that, and this being asked by a cap moron.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
He does not deserve 9.5 mil and I hope DS does not bow down to his demands. He has been a good goalie for his time in the NHL but this is over a very limited period of time.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
He does not deserve 9.5 mil and I hope DS does not bow down to his demands. He has been a good goalie for his time in the NHL but this is over a very limited period of time.

He's been a NHL regular for 3 years. In those 3 years among goalies he ranks:

Starts - 25th
SV% - 6th
GAA - 6th
SO - 7th

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Just a little jab at the Leafs. 😂

That said, something about that core doesn’t do it. They may want a Championship (who wouldn’t) but are they willing to go out and get that championship.

I’d like to play the guitar like Mark Knopfler. Who wouldn’t? Even if I had the innate talent, am I willing to put in the extraordinary work and sacrifice to get there??? And I’m talking real work.

I think the answer is no. For me as well as Mitch/Austin et al. 😂

After the 1983 finals, when the Islanders swept the Oilers, they made this observation:

"After game four, the Oilers players walked past the Islanders' dressing room and noticed many of the Islanders players exhausted and covered in ice packs rather than wildly celebrating, with Wayne Gretzky suggesting that this gave the Oilers inspiration that they needed in order to win next year."

Should note those Islanders (with Potvin, Trottier, Bossy and Gillies) were seen as playoff chokes before winning the Cup in 1980. The big change there was going to Billy Smith instead of Chico Resch in the playoffs.

So don't let the Leafs find the right goalie and don't let them see the other team's locker room after they lose in the playoffs again.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
After the 1983 finals, when the Islanders swept the Oilers, they made this observation:

"After game four, the Oilers players walked past the Islanders' dressing room and noticed many of the Islanders players exhausted and covered in ice packs rather than wildly celebrating, with Wayne Gretzky suggesting that this gave the Oilers inspiration that they needed in order to win next year."

Should note those Islanders (with Potvin, Trottier, Bossy and Gillies) were seen as playoff chokes before winning the Cup in 1980. The big change there was going to Billy Smith instead of Chico Resch in the playoffs.

So don't let the Leafs find the right goalie and don't let them see the other team's locker room after they lose in the playoffs again.

I think Mitch's no-trade clause kicked in so this is only a thought exercise, but the Leafs with Swayman + whatever assets they could get for Marner instantly makes them one of the very few true Cup favorites.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Hoping Sway gets less than that. If he played a full season this would be a different story but we haven’t scene him with a starters workload. While he was absolutely lights out in the playoffs he did start to show some cracks later in the panthers series.

Most forget that after the Bruins won game 1 in Florida, the Panthers put up 6 goals in each of the next two games.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Not advocating for Sway actually getting that much, more just trying to say they can make it work if they need to without having to move out salary.

And should an injury occur to one of the goaltenders and you need to call up Korpasalo , how are you going to juggle that, and this being asked by a cap moron.
idk, I'm not a cap expert by any means. Off the top of my head though, if it's a long term injury then LTIR solves your problem. If it's a short term injury they'd could just send down someone that isn't eligible for waivers for a few games and run a 21 man roster.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Most forget that after the Bruins won game 1 in Florida, the Panthers put up 6 goals in each of the next two games.
he gave up 9 in that stretch.

He gave up 3 in another where he had a .927 sv ptg. the two wins were one each, game 6 where the Bruins scored 2 goals.

The offense as a whole for the Bruins scored 4 goals twice, 3 goals twice, 2 goals 5 times and 1 goal 4 times with a goalie in net.

True.

But two games in a playoff series is still very significant.
Considering they never would have been there without his round 1 performance, I think it's understandable it caught up to him a bit.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
he gave up 9 in that stretch.

He gave up 3 in another where he had a .927 sv ptg. the two wins were one each, game 6 where the Bruins scored 2 goals.

The offense as a whole for the Bruins scored 4 goals twice, 3 goals twice, 2 goals 5 times and 1 goal 4 times with a goalie in net.

Considering they never would have been there without his round 1 performance, I think it's understandable it caught up to him a bit.

Yes, I saw the series. I know how well he played.

Doesn't change the fact that in 2 of the 6 games against Florida the Panthers put up 6 goals.

Reactions: BBruins

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
Also, it's pretty insulting the Bruins gave Coyle 6.5% of the cap on an extension to be a 3rd line center but now are offering Swayman a little over 7% if the 6.5mil reports are to be believed. That percent would even be more laughable at the 4 year mark of that absurd offer.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
Are people actually trying to diminish Swayman's playoff performance by looking at individual games?
yeah it's dumb, he was the best goalie in the playoffs. Finished with the most goals saved above expected despite only playing 12 games. Without him we probably don't even make it to the 2nd round, nevertheless make it to game 6 against Florida.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Pastrnak was blanked 5 out of 6 games, maybe they should try to rework that deal. McAvoy with 1 goal and a -6, need to take a look at that one too.

What's the point in mentioning other players.

Talking about Swayman.

Though I would love to go over Pasta & McAvoy's piss poor performances also.

Reactions: BBruins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad