Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman II - still waiting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I know the argument is many contracts get signed at training camp, Pasta being one example, but I believe this situation is different when you trade your leverage away before Swayman is signed, I think gets a big F for this situation, he failed miserably.
He gets an F? When the process hasn't even been completed? When you don't even know what Swayman is asking for?

All the angst over this when even the most ardent Sweeney haters have agreed that he's been excellent at this part of the GM role - resigning his own key players.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He gets an F? When the process hasn't even been completed? When you don't even know what Swayman is asking for?

All the angst over this when even the most ardent Sweeney haters have agreed that he's been excellent at this part of the GM role - resigning his own key players.
Would be better if the GM knew, he seems to be in the dark.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
You can call Swayman's agent greedy, but his job is to get his client as much as possible, and Swayman can always step in and say that is enough, I want to play, and if he sits out to long that is money he will never regain, even after he signs. You can say that the Bruins showed commitment by moving Ullmark, my short sighted business opinion that it was a stupid move, unless there was some sort of agreed to terms and no signature on the paper and someone decided to change the terms after the deal was made for Ullmark, might be a little conspirator from me might, but..........
You are right about his payday, again but..............

That is his job. What is not Swayman or his agents job is to set the market so the next generation of goalies gets more money

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I know the argument is many contracts get signed at training camp, Pasta being one example, but I believe this situation is different when you trade your leverage away before Swayman is signed, I think gets a big F for this situation, he failed miserably.
gotta let it play out. Can't grade on something that hasn't materialized yet. You can be concerned or whatever, but too early for grades.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
gotta let it play out. Can't grade on something that hasn't materialized yet. You can be concerned or whatever, but too early for grades.
You are right on the grade part, but this has not played out well. Under the circumstances this has not played out well, when you gave up a Vezina wining goaltender, take on another contract that is a saving of 2mil, just leaves me uneasy. I am not a Sweeney, have said it many times, one of my bitches with him was he never seemed to build his team in the offseason, this year I felt he addressed that better than other years. Sweeney has done a great job in getting bigger, tougher, and deeper, the defense he has put together could be outstanding, and he I believe is more playoff ready then we have seen in the past. I do know they need a scorer and or a RW, but you have to give him a little space and time to see if what he has now to improve that situation. I am not a fan of the contract and signing of Elias Lindholm, but hope I am proving wrong. But I sorry this Swayman situation does not sit well with me. I hope it all works out, but just don't think it was managed well.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You can call Swayman's agent greedy, but his job is to get his client as much as possible, and Swayman can always step in and say that is enough, I want to play, and if he sits out to long that is money he will never regain, even after he signs. You can say that the Bruins showed commitment by moving Ullmark, my short sighted business opinion that it was a stupid move, unless there was some sort of agreed to terms and no signature on the paper and someone decided to change the terms after the deal was made for Ullmark, might be a little conspirator from me might, but..........
You are right about his payday, again but..............

Let's say the Bruins don't move Ullmark.

Can they sign Zadorov and/or Lindholm? If they do, that wouldn't leave enough to pay Swayman because they would still have Ullmark on the payroll.

So if they don't sign the free agents, Swayman will still want big bucks. How is that a better situation for the team?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Pretty big overreaction.

I would remind you however that Vegas won the cup with an AHL net minder. The whole team matters, and if you overpay in any one place you suffer in another.

That's exactly why I think it is fine though. At the end Swayman will step in and tell his agent to get it done. Right now he's just living and preparing and letting his agent do the negotiating. Swayman isn't thinking about it at all. I could be wrong, but I think in the end they will meet in the middle and get it done.

Why would you remind me? I was there. And Hill wasn’t the AHL goalie

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Can they sign Zadorov and/or Lindholm? If they do, that wouldn't leave enough to pay Swayman because they would still have Ullmark on the payroll.

So if they don't sign the free agents, Swayman will still want big bucks. How is that a better situation for the team?
I think the other situation would have been sign those guys and waive Ullmark after camp knowing he’ll get claimed to stay under the cap?

Zadorov was a desperation signing and McAvoy has sucked in the playoffs (and really extremely sucked for a Norris contender) while Lindholm hasn’t been close to a #1 either. Florida has bullied us two years in a row. And he clearly wanted to be here he could have had the same money from Vancouver. He was always coming.

Ditto E Lindholm. He’s has the same offer from Van since they gave up assets at the deadline and wanted to be a Bruin.

We had until July 1 to make a deal with Ottawa or else Ullmarks agent was adding them to his list. Maybe we should have chipped in a prospect and kept Korpisalo out of it?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Because Swayman has all the leverage now. I would prefer Swayman over Ullmark , but if he is asking a 8/9 mil you move on from him and live with Ullmark. He is a terrific goal tender, but you need players in front of you and if don't have them Swayman is not as effective.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think the other situation would have been sign those guys and waive Ullmark after camp knowing he’ll get claimed to stay under the cap?

Zadorov was a desperation signing and McAvoy has sucked in the playoffs (and really extremely sucked for a Norris contender) while Lindholm hasn’t been close to a #1 either. Florida has bullied us two years in a row. And he clearly wanted to be here he could have had the same money from Vancouver. He was always coming.

Ditto E Lindholm. He’s has the same offer from Van since they gave up assets at the deadline and wanted to be a Bruin.

We had until July 1 to make a deal with Ottawa or else Ullmarks agent was adding them to his list. Maybe we should have chipped in a prospect and kept Korpisalo out of it?

Getting nothing for Ullmark seems to be a much worse scenario.

Reactions: wintersej

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Because Swayman has all the leverage now. I would prefer Swayman over Ullmark , but if he is asking a 8/9 mil you move on from him and live with Ullmark. He is a terrific goal tender, but you need players in front of you and if don't have them Swayman is not as effective.
Maybe it's how I perceive your posts but you must think the Bruins overall roster is garbage.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Still having Ullmark wouldn't really give Sweeney any more leverage. Clearly management wanted to keep the young guy, not just live with Ullmark.

Last edited:

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Bruins have the best defense in the league, 2 very good defensive centers on the top two lines and finally have some size and grit. I would like a proven 25 goal scorer at 2RW but every team has holes in a cap system. The just need to get Swayman signed and this team will be fine.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Bruins have the best defense in the league, 2 very good defensive centers on the top two lines and finally have some size and grit. I would like a proven 25 goal scorer at 2RW but every team has holes in a cap system. The just need to get Swayman signed and this team will be fine.

Excellent point.

Some people seem to think the GM is doing a lousy job if the team doesn't have every position covered. No teams really do.

Reactions: lopey

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I haven’t read everything so who are you giving an F too?

I’ve cut HF hockey reading down to how long it takes me to take a dump in the summer

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Would be better if the GM knew, he seems to be in the dark.
Wait. Your position is that the GM doesn’t know what’s going on? The very man who knows what Sway’s camp is asking and what the FO is willing to give is in the dark?

do trees grow on your planet?

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

If they can score.

We may be relying on 2-1 wins with 2 PP goals from Pastrnak.

Off topic for this thread, apologies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
There was even a drop of bad blood, it would have come out already. Swayman just said he feels confident they'll get a deal done. He's going about his off-season like he's already got the contract done, so clearly he isn't worried.

From what I understand Swayman was not at all happy with the arbitration that took place the last time he was up to be re-signed.

Reactions: Fenian24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad