Confirmed with Link: Jeremy Roenick hall of fame 2024

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
JR was my favorite player growing up. That jersey tucked in lol...loved it. He played the game physical for a 170lb soaking wet snot nosed punk. He put a lot of wear and tear on his body with the hits he dished out and took. If he played the game like some of his other peers, less physical, his overall numbers would have been even better. Truly well deserved, should of happened years ago, happy for him and his family.

Side note, he is a great friend of my cousin and we get to see him from time to time at events at their house when he is in town. Such a good dude, always has time to chat with us.

Congrats 27, another Hawks jersey in the Hall!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Was any Hawk fan who grew up in the 90s favorite player Chelios?

It was always Eddie and JR for me and it seems like so many others.
Chelios, Roenick, Larmer, in that order. I was a D when I started playing, and I got to meet Chelios a few times as a kid because a parent/coach of a couple of my mite and squirt teams grew up with him. Didn't switch to wing until I was around 10. So yeah, Chelios was my favorite Hawks player as a kid.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I will point out that Zhamnov didn't deserve to be treated the way he was by Chicago fans and media

It was absurd and over the top the hate he got the moment he arrived in Chicago

I do always wonder if things would have been different for Hawks/JR if Tkachuk offer sheet wasn't matched

Would JR trade have still happened?

If so would Tkachuk-Zhamnov-Amonte 1st line have kept Hawks from falling into abyss of late 90's and still a playoff team?

Would Zhamnov had been able to replicate his 94-95 season with Tkachuk alongside him?

So many what ifs with franchise

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I will point out that Zhamnov didn't deserve to be treated the way he was by Chicago fans and media

It was absurd and over the top the hate he got the moment he arrived in Chicago

I do always wonder if things would have been different for Hawks/JR if Tkachuk offer sheet wasn't matched

Would JR trade have still happened?

If so would Tkachuk-Zhamnov-Amonte 1st line have kept Hawks from falling into abyss of late 90's and still a playoff team?

Would Zhamnov had been able to replicate his 94-95 season with Tkachuk alongside him?

So many what ifs with franchise

I liked Zhamnov and always defended him against the haters on the official boards (leoleo)

He was a good pass 1st, 2nd line center. Problem was he was being used as a 1st line center. Him being traded for the heart and soul of the team didn't help his cause but he didn't have any control over that. He was still a skilled forward but he was playing too far up the line up.

So you downgrade J.R with Zhamnov. Soon after Gary Suter left in free agency. Chelios is getting older and would soon be traded. The dark ages would begin.

Boris Mironov and Jaroslav Spacek were no Chelios and Suter. Zhamnov was no Roenick and Thibault was no Belfour.

Thus you have the 98-04 Hawks that we all desperately suffered through.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Congratulation's JR !!!!!!!!!! I remember reading the hockey news scouting report on him , skates like Brian Boitano . Couldn't help but think , my god i hope he's not another Ken Yaremchuk , Denis Savard yes . Fantastic player.

Hull2Roenick2Kane

Jun 17, 2010
I mowed lawns all summer in 1990 to save up the 150$ to buy the Roenick Authentic Jersey from the mall. Its still huge on me but at least I could put pads on underneath if I wanted to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad