Confirmed with Link: Jeremy Roenick hall of fame 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Was any Hawk fan who grew up in the 90s favorite player Chelios?

It was always Eddie and JR for me and it seems like so many others.

Reactions: Putt Pirate

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
JR was my favorite player growing up. That jersey tucked in lol...loved it. He played the game physical for a 170lb soaking wet snot nosed punk. He put a lot of wear and tear on his body with the hits he dished out and took. If he played the game like some of his other peers, less physical, his overall numbers would have been even better. Truly well deserved, should of happened years ago, happy for him and his family.

Side note, he is a great friend of my cousin and we get to see him from time to time at events at their house when he is in town. Such a good dude, always has time to chat with us.

Congrats 27, another Hawks jersey in the Hall!

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Was any Hawk fan who grew up in the 90s favorite player Chelios?

It was always Eddie and JR for me and it seems like so many others.
Chelios, Roenick, Larmer, in that order. I was a D when I started playing, and I got to meet Chelios a few times as a kid because a parent/coach of a couple of my mite and squirt teams grew up with him. Didn't switch to wing until I was around 10. So yeah, Chelios was my favorite Hawks player as a kid.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I will point out that Zhamnov didn't deserve to be treated the way he was by Chicago fans and media

It was absurd and over the top the hate he got the moment he arrived in Chicago

I do always wonder if things would have been different for Hawks/JR if Tkachuk offer sheet wasn't matched

Would JR trade have still happened?

If so would Tkachuk-Zhamnov-Amonte 1st line have kept Hawks from falling into abyss of late 90's and still a playoff team?

Would Zhamnov had been able to replicate his 94-95 season with Tkachuk alongside him?

So many what ifs with franchise

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I will point out that Zhamnov didn't deserve to be treated the way he was by Chicago fans and media

It was absurd and over the top the hate he got the moment he arrived in Chicago

I do always wonder if things would have been different for Hawks/JR if Tkachuk offer sheet wasn't matched

Would JR trade have still happened?

If so would Tkachuk-Zhamnov-Amonte 1st line have kept Hawks from falling into abyss of late 90's and still a playoff team?

Would Zhamnov had been able to replicate his 94-95 season with Tkachuk alongside him?

So many what ifs with franchise

I liked Zhamnov and always defended him against the haters on the official boards (leoleo)

He was a good pass 1st, 2nd line center. Problem was he was being used as a 1st line center. Him being traded for the heart and soul of the team didn't help his cause but he didn't have any control over that. He was still a skilled forward but he was playing too far up the line up.

So you downgrade J.R with Zhamnov. Soon after Gary Suter left in free agency. Chelios is getting older and would soon be traded. The dark ages would begin.

Boris Mironov and Jaroslav Spacek were no Chelios and Suter. Zhamnov was no Roenick and Thibault was no Belfour.

Thus you have the 98-04 Hawks that we all desperately suffered through.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Congratulation's JR !!!!!!!!!! I remember reading the hockey news scouting report on him , skates like Brian Boitano . Couldn't help but think , my god i hope he's not another Ken Yaremchuk , Denis Savard yes . Fantastic player.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Hey what do you mean by that, I always thought you really can’t control this, were you a left shooter before and then went right?

I was a Hawks fan before I actually started to play.

So when I began to play I picked to shot right because of JR.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Unsung hero - glad he won the Cup with the Rangers…Another guy I would’ve loved seeing in Detroit.
The Horror! ;) :)
Should have remained a Hawk.
I'm going to put it out there that it's my hope Boisvert could develop into a JR-esque player,
be still Musto!
Be still .. be still .. and know I am the Hockey God.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Roenick.jpg

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Heard an excerpt from an interview on SiriusXM when JR was talking about breaking into the league and what it was like playing for Keenan. JR essentially turned himself into a physical force as a 170lb rookie because that was the only way he was going to play. Never really knew of a star player who was able to add that to his game at the NHL level just because it was needed, and thought it was really a matter of a player's mentality. It was a great interview

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Heard an excerpt from an interview on SiriusXM when JR was talking about breaking into the league and what it was like playing for Keenan. JR essentially turned himself into a physical force as a 170lb rookie because that was the only way he was going to play. Never really knew of a star player who was able to add that to his game at the NHL level just because it was needed, and thought it was really a matter of a player's mentality. It was a great interview
Very different league 35 years ago.

Reactions: Malaka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad