Jeff Skinner

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I didn’t catch the Dallas game but he’s been mostly good. Not as poor defensively as I expected and has been as productive as you can reasonably expect given how the team is playing to date.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
His play IS living living up to his reputation, so it’s a true evaluation

58.73 CF%, 55.64 FF%, 58.73 xGF%, and one of the best Oilers by the eye test. By no metric has he been below average defensively. He's also been excellent on the forecheck and winning battles, even has over a hit-per-game so far.

Easier to just blindly echo what's been said about him in past years though.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
It's amusing watch Oilers fans blow their load on this guy.

58.73 CF%, 55.64 FF%, 58.73 xGF%, and one of the best Oilers by the eye test. By no metric has he been below average defensively. He's also been excellent on the forecheck and winning battles, even has over a hit-per-game so far.

I mean, what's a better foundation for an argument, his 1000+ games elsewhere or his blip on the radar in Edmonton?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Career minus 100+ and never on a winning club. Already a minus 1, and again his club isn’t winning. It’s not difficult to connect the dots on this guy.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
It's amusing watch Oilers fans blow their load on this guy.

I mean, what's a better foundation for an argument, his 1000+ games elsewhere or his blip on the radar in Edmonton?

Lol no one is using this sample size to draw any conclusions, I'm certainly not expecting Skinner to become a model 2-way player all of a sudden.

But this thread specifically asked for how Skinner has played so far this season, and the first bunch of responses were ill-informed takes from those who haven't watched him.

Reactions: MoneyManny

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Not even close to accurate, have you watched Skinner? If you have, brother, I question your judgment.

Dude’s shot is mid, he gets a ton of goals from the dirty areas. He’s far from a sniper, not even close, but he leads the league in backhand goals. Doesn’t go to dirty areas, but scores backhanders, huh.
If players don't put up points with McDavid it's because they're terrible hockey players. If players do put up points with McDavid it's because they're "leeching".

Windows lickers unite.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Funny thread

First few responses: this guy sucks, I didn’t even know he was playing
-
Next few responses: he’s been our best player

**(This with a team that has McDavid and Draisaitl)

• Haha
Reactions: Fatass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad