Jeff Skinner

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He has been really good. Hopefully the Oilers break up the McDavid and Draisaitl line and move Skinner back to the top 6 next game.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
That third line of Skinner - Henrique - Brown has been a really nice early surprise. The Oilers need to get the big guns going and figure out the special teams.

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
Oilers trades so far are a bust. They lost speed and youth. They are slow, old and not as good as last years team. They aren't going anywhere this year with that D and Skinner.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He doesn't hit
He doesn't back check
He doesn't go to the dirty areas

But he's good at one thing shooting. He will score 30 goals this year just leeching off McDrai

Not even close to accurate, have you watched Skinner? If you have, brother, I question your judgment.

Dude’s shot is mid, he gets a ton of goals from the dirty areas. He’s far from a sniper, not even close, but he leads the league in backhand goals. Doesn’t go to dirty areas, but scores backhanders, huh.

Vikingstad

**** the King
May 1, 2011
Vancouver
He doesn't hit
He doesn't back check
He doesn't go to the dirty areas

But he's good at one thing shooting. He will score 30 goals this year just leeching off McDrai
He hurt michkov with a check the other game.

Plays average d for a forward, nothing special there.

Majority of his offense is from cutting into the slot and going into the dirty area. Uses his edges very well to hold position and gets shots while fighting off defenders. He's also been doing this without playing with 97 or 29.

But it's ok, you're too biased to think objectively.

He had played in the top 6 though and was demoted
That's more indicative of the usual top guys not performing and the coach moving people around to everyone going. Not an indictment on Skinner

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He had played in the top 6 though and was demoted
“Demoted”.

It’s the first couple weeks of the season and they have a new forward group. Probably going to be some switching around from time to time looking for chemistry…no?

They aren’t going to “demote” Mcdrai so someone has to move around. He’s had at least some of those pts since he’s been on the third line, I saw some of them and he looked good.

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
I mean this non offensively but the few posters saying hes been good are only citing his points. He is currently -1 on the season, but 3rd in scoring on the team. I know +/- isnt everything but math guy tells me he has been out there for more goals against than goals for.

How is he away from the puck?
How is he backchecking?
How are his breakouts?
Is he getting generous O zone starts?

Points arent everything and again no offense, but that is where a lot of Oilers fans think Bouchard is a top 10 D man simply because he runs that PP and puts up a ton of points. How about his actual defense, Karlsson style?

Reactions: DarrylshutzSydor

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
He hurt michkov with a check the other game.

Plays average d for a forward, nothing special there.

Majority of his offense is from cutting into the slot and going into the dirty area. Uses his edges very well to hold position and gets shots while fighting off defenders. He's also been doing this without playing with 97 or 29.

But it's ok, you're too biased to think objectively.

That's more indicative of the usual top guys not performing and the coach moving people around to everyone going. Not an indictment on Skinner
True. Dude got his big shot with Draisaitl and obviously it didnt work. I think Oilers brass thought they had another Hyman, which in a nutshell is exactly what Skinner is, but his defensive game is atrocious.

My prediction was 30 goals and a net negative still.

Making him a third line responsible player may actually keep him in this league longer.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
This is a prime example of HFers evaluating players entirely based on their reputation without watching a single second of actual hockey.

Reactions: Czechboy

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
Ahhh demoted to the third line currently pumping a solid 43.1% CF only 6 games in. All is right in the world of Sabre predictions.

Attachments

• sunset-reflection.gif
    sunset-reflection.gif
    841.5 KB · Views: 0

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad