Proposal: Jeff Petry, anyone?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
no need to panic and sell low on petry . will need nhl d even when we're tanking . circle back around on this idea in year 3 of his contract .

Reactions: jellybeans

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Personally, I think LA is the best option.

1. They have a glaring, immediate, need for RHD.

2. They aren't going to be as concerned about Petry's age because they still have guys like Kopitar and Doughty playing at a good level and will probably want to compete while they transition into the next generation of players.

3. Although Petry makes a ton of coin, LA has some contracts to send back to make it work. Montreal, with all their guys on LTIR aren't likely worried about taking back salary. Especially short-term salary

4. Montreal needs young player(s) back for Petry. Picks are 2-3 years from contributing, Montreal is better off with prospects than picks. Simply selling off Petry sends a poor message to existing players, fans, etc... getting back young players suggests a re-tool rather than a rebuild. LA meanwhile will be reticent to send out a 1st while their team is struggling.

Reactions: majormajor

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Ceci + we give back that 2nd round pick, and the conditional 4th, you retain 25%

We agree to say sorry to the way we treated him back then, we were young and stupid.

Reactions: voxel

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
Personally, I think LA is the best option.

1. They have a glaring, immediate, need for RHD.

2. They aren't going to be as concerned about Petry's age because they still have guys like Kopitar and Doughty playing at a good level and will probably want to compete while they transition into the next generation of players.

3. Although Petry makes a ton of coin, LA has some contracts to send back to make it work. Montreal, with all their guys on LTIR aren't likely worried about taking back salary. Especially short-term salary

4. Montreal needs young player(s) back for Petry. Picks are 2-3 years from contributing, Montreal is better off with prospects than picks. Simply selling off Petry sends a poor message to existing players, fans, etc... getting back young players suggests a re-tool rather than a rebuild. LA meanwhile will be reticent to send out a 1st while their team is struggling.

1 no they don't Kyle Clague is filling in just fine. 2 points in two game both pp which is a huge need.
2 Petry would be blocking the defense we have coming including Clarke Grans Spence among others.
3 we could use the space better for a left handed defenseman.
4 la first is not going anywhere

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
1 no they don't Kyle Clague is filling in just fine. 2 points in two game both pp which is a huge need.
2 Petry would be blocking the defense we have coming including Clarke Grans Spence among others.
3 we could use the space better for a left handed defenseman.
4 la first is not going anywhere
Nothing to do with any proposals here, but I would think LA is open to trading their 1st these days

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Just a year ago Montreal declared themselves off-season winners and yes, they made it to SC Finals. I said back then Bergevin misfired his cap space to quick.

One year later most of the long term contracts signed look problematic and we have seen trade proposals for Gallagher, Anderson and Petry, while two third of their top 3 centets are off the team.

I wonder how long ownership accepts Bergevin's short sighted cap management. If fans can't see the big picture, it's excusable. The GM?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad