Jeff Marek no longer with Sportsnet - Unknown why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I look forward to hearing his analysis and his openness on delving into any topic relating to the past and future of hockey. Whatever the reason of his firing, I hope it has nothing to do with his moral fibre, any other reason and I will continue to listen to what he has to say and hold him in high regard.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
My last listen 32Thoughts I felt like there was some heat between him and Friedman. They were arguing about something, and Marek 100% disagreed with it, but seemed to hold back. My guess is Friedman has something to do with this. Or SN cost cutting.

I wonder if this means the end of 32TP. Friedman and he seemed close. I bet he refused to do the season finale without him

Inside you there are two wolves...

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Marek doesn’t drink and only strikes me as a stand up guy. I’m curious as to what the back story is and I hope it’s nothing bad so I can continue to listen to him wherever he goes. He carries 32 Thoughts more than EF I think.
He may not have been drinking but somebody around him may have. He may have said no to the wrong person. Or somebody said something to him.

Sometimes you just have to say "F*** you", grab some beers, and blow out the emergency chute.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Knowing whatever we know of Elliotte, he will wait for Jeff to say his peace.
He doesn’t just want to speculate for weeks and then publicly admit he had no sources from that end like he did all year with Buffalo?

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
If he's done with Rogers, it doesn't mean he's out of options. He could go to the states. He could start his own show like Rod Pederson and Ryan Jesperson. He could go to print, get a gig for The Athletic or freelance pieces. The dude has options.

He could also be just on leave. It's the summer after all.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Marek doesn’t drink and only strikes me as a stand up guy. I’m curious as to what the back story is and I hope it’s nothing bad so I can continue to listen to him wherever he goes. He carries 32 Thoughts more than EF I think.
He is not shy about his like for other substances though. It would be such a shame if they canned him because in his personal life he liked certain things.

Maybe he is going back to his roots?

Guys fake fighting in their underwear lol

Wraaastlin
Back to the graveyard

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I seem to recall their pod after the Cup final, Marek saying he was taking a red eye out of the draft.. Friedman would do the post draft pod on his own.

So that was planned... what happened after that... anyone's guess.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
He is not shy about his like for other substances though. It would be such a shame if they canned him because in his personal life he liked certain things.

Back to the graveyard

I don’t think that would be it, he’s been very open about that stuff. I just also don’t see him doing anything unprofessional, just seems out of character.

But if nothing went down, now is the time to pour cold water on it.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I don’t think that would be it, he’s been very open about that stuff. I just also don’t see him doing anything unprofessional, just seems out of character.

But if nothing went down, now is the time to pour cold water on it.
Yea I don't think he would ever do anything unprofessional. Not his style.

In any event, he loves the saying "when you mess up, dress up and fess up." So, if he did anything unsavory, as some reports say, he likely will be upfront about it (unless it gets NDA'd)

Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Damn, 32T and his show were constant listens for me, and I've been listening to him since the MvsW days. Always had an interesting view as a legit neutral party, and I hope he ends up somewhere.

Reactions: ps241 and Laus723

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
He may not have been drinking but somebody around him may have. He may have said no to the wrong person. Or somebody said something to him.

Sometimes you just have to say "F*** you", grab some beers, and blow out the emergency chute.

In a baker's dozen deep yourself, are we?

Reactions: Dirty Dog

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Inside you there are two wolves...
I don’t know where people are getting the “heat” or animosity between them. Yeah they had their back and got the and got annoyed with each other but it never seemed to go beyond banter. But then again, none of us are privy to what goes on behind the scenes and doesn’t make the cut.

That said, if Friedman forced him out I would assume he would have done the FA podcast alone like he did the post draft one alone. Post draft one seemed like something be just threw together quickly. He even says Marek would be back for the FA finale. I think since Marek was out, Friedman refused to do the finale without him. Thus, no season finale pod. This all seems so sudden.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Hockey fans are so lame. They can't stand anyone with some edge (like Kyprios for example) but they also whine about someone like Marek being Milquetoast

JD Spunkis is ok ..i guess

Wow, it's almost like different fans have different opinions. Shocking, I know. Or you actually think it's the same fans complaining about both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad