Speculation: ANA - DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
I want to ponder a few different ideas here.

First is , what would a potential return look like for Fowler + Gibson.

Second, say for whatever reason Seider didn’t want to sign in Detroit. Could there also be a potential deal around McTavish, IF Seider were-to-be available?

• Haha
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
For Fowler + Gibson, it’s difficult to even come up with enough cap coming the Ducks way to even it out. Maatta + Husso + Holl + Veleno/Fischer is about right in terms of sending back the necessary cap (and that’s assuming no retention on anyone, and also that Husso and/or Holl wouldn’t block the trade). I thought Gibson would be a great target for Detroit before free agency started, but I have a hard time seeing a fit now. I think Fowler is a much better fit for them at this moment.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Second, say for whatever reason Seider didn’t want to sign in Detroit. Could there also be a potential deal around McTavish, IF Seider were-to-be available?
If Seider was available in this scenario, then McTavish is not the centerpiece.

---

For Fowler and Gibson to Detroit, can't happen with the cap. No move clauses and such is just too complicated. And Detroit having to sign two young RFA's.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Seider will be a top five D in the league starting in a year or two and continuing anywhere from 10-20 years depending on health. I love McT but I can’t see it. Theres very few pieces in the league you move Seider for, and that’s only if he asks out.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005

I’d tend to say “No” to the combined trade (this late in the summer) but maybe Detroit, who’s talked with Verbeek about Gibson, would pull the trigger if Fowler is included. I’d still tend to say it’s just too late in the summer for a goaltender trade, unless Talbot has an injury we don’t know about.

As for Seider, he isn’t going anywhere. I’d be floored. You win Cups with dmen like Seider and the price would be through the roof. He’s not getting traded for MacTavish and some throw ins. Unlike most of the crop of young defensive stars, he plays the hard minutes every single night and excels. It’s gonna be pretty hard finding a better dman when he hits about 25. Especially as they finally find a partner for him.

As for the Fowler speculation today? He’s been asked each summer since Verbeek arrived, if he wanted to stay or move on. He is a good fit to be around their young Dmen in Anaheim, and I’m under the impression he was firmly committed to stay in Anaheim earlier this summer.

So it’s strange his name was thrown out there like it was today.

He will always be connected to Detroit because it’s his hometown obviously, but this is something new. I’m not sure if a team called, and they approached him again, or if he called Verbeek, OR if Friedman just has some bad information.

That said, Detroit would have to be one of the leaders to acquire Cam, but don’t count out Nashville someone said today. They’ve been after a Top 4 dman and with what they got going on, Cam could be very interested going there.

Cam can play both sides without blinking too, so he could 100% play with either Seider or Edvinsson.

If it’s gonna happen, it’s probably happening this weekend. This won’t be something that lingers into camp. Verbeek has too much respect for Fowler.

Like I said, this speculation really has come out of nowhere. If it were May or June I’d put more stock in it, but he’s not talking to anyone tonight, from what I understand. So maybe there’s something to it. I just know he’s loved playing in Anaheim and unlike most Detroit kids, who constantly joke about playing in Detroit, he’s only ever really said, it would be cool if it ever happened, but he’s always been happy in Anaheim.

No clue what the compensation would be but it’s safe to say Maatta or Holl would be part of any trade. Not the main piece though.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Zaronji

Mar 18, 2007
Michigan
I don't have a link handy, but Seider told the press in MI that he isn't going anywhere (he's building a house here, etc.) but said he wants a fair salary. He's also been on the record saying Raymond is his best friend off the ice too, so it wouldn't surprise me if they''re trying to get matching term and be the next Parise/Suter combo. All this would explain why it's taking a while, however.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
The only way seider is ever traded if it's absurd or an offersheet is negotiated with Seider that the wings can't match and instead of signing it they work out a deal with the team offering it. See Phil Kessel

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
McTavish getting incredibly underrated.

Not sure Ducks would even trade him for Seider.
From a needs perspective alone, I’d definitely trade McTavish for Seider as a Ducks fan. Value wise, I’d still do it without hesitation. I think McTavish turns in to a really good player but value Seider more highly.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
How much do the Ducks expect to pay to unload Gibson?

Neat. Not shocked that Wings fans are defensive about one of their two good draft picks over the last few seasons.
So bitter, Lmao!

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Neat. Not shocked that Wings fans are defensive about one of their two good draft picks over the last few seasons.
You do realize they were from 2019 and 2020..... the 21, 22, 23 aren't in the show yet but extremely close? lol

Also not sure how thats related to you saying you wouldnt trade McTavish for Seider... literally 100% of ducks fans would disagree with you.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Bitter about what?

I just don't get the idea that Seider isn't worth McTavish?

Seider is closer to being Dion Phaneuf than a franchise D. McTavish is a foundational piece for the Ducks forward group.
You said nothing about value. Just a bitter comment about Wings drafting. At best you are trolling. At worst you actually believe the above comment. Keep salty my friend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad