Sportsnet: Jeff Marek: Holland looking to move 1st or top prospects for LD

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
#5/6 D still have value. You’re still wrong.
Lol I’m taking about real value. Not 5th round pick value. His added value is negligible

your still wrong in thinking those 3 pieces would get chychrun

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
He's got a busted finger. Hopefully not out too long - 2-3 weeks was the last report I saw. Already beat Chicago pretty convincingly without him.

Having diddly squat for cap space will make additions now tough unless some Russell/Turris salary is going back, and even then. Anything significant probably has to wait for TDL.
Wow i forgot Russel was still playing haven't heard of him in a while

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
he adds no value because every team has a prospect like him. Why would arz want anothet tweener #5/6 d?

Use some common sense.
every fan base overvalues its top prospects. Is this really news to you?
Bernard-Docker + Formenton may seem like a lot to you but others may laugh at it. Whoop D doo..

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
He's been good for the Canucks.

And Oilers tried to get OEL when OEL was on the market 2 years ago but OEL only wanted to go to either Boston or Vancouver

He's not waiving to live/play in Edmonton

Moot point, they need to target a more affordable and better suited D man anyhow.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
after being named Seattle's captain I can't see them moving him, at least until the TDL. I think Holland wants to make something happen soon, particularly with Nurse injured.

Also I'd be joining you in puking.

Oilers already have a maligned 38 year old defenseman, probably won’t add another

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Toughness, sandpaper, and defence in Bear? LOL

KH needs to wait and see what he has with Skinner and Broberg. If Skinner faulters then it'd best to use assets on a goaltender. If Broberg can step in then I could see him adding on 2RW or 3C
Larsson..

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
No typo, thats what he said

Maybe Nurse's injury is more serious?

Maybe they are being proactive as Keith is 40 yrs old and it might be foolish to rely on him as a 2nd pairing LD in an 82 game schedule and then long playoff run.
No omg why don’t you guys look at our roster? Keith is on our second pairing LD when Nurse is back. He wants to move Keith down and replace that with a top 4 LD

duul

Jun 21, 2010
We do need another 2nd/3rd pairing LHD for depth purposes going into the playoffs. We do NOT need to spend our assets acquiring a #1 LHD this season. Nurse and Keith are doing well in their top four minutes. Let them keep doing their thing.

Now, if we're talking #1 RHD ... that's a different story. A trade involving Barrie +++.

If Skinner keeps his play up, then our most pressing need is at least one more middle 6 talented forward who can slot in and out of 1st/2nd/3rd lines. Rakell?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Replace Samorukov with Broberg and add a 2nd.

Shayne Gostisbehere with 50% retention for Edmonton's 2022 1st might be better.
I remember how we argued about OEL, Nurse and Hall a few years ago.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I remember how we argued about OEL, Nurse and Hall a few years ago.
And by last summer, I was willing to trade OEL for Beagle, Roussel, and Eriksson. His play fell off a cliff. Just a complete nosedive.

What does that have to do with Chychrun who is 23 years old, led the NHL in goals by defensemen last season, and finished top ten in Norris voting last season, and is signed to a sweetheart contract?

I changed my mind. Broberg, Holloway, Bourgault, and the 1st.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
I think this conversation was specifically revolving around Chiarot, with Marek stating that the Oilers have "everything" on the table and want to go all in this year.

Montreal fans - how about Chiarot for a 2022 second round pick and conditional fifth? That's how much we asked for Petry, after all. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad