Confirmed with Link: Jeff Jackson (McDavid's now former agent) named Oilers CEO of Hockey Ops

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I agree that Nurse shouldn't have done what he did but Parros had previously set the standard that it isn't a suspendible play. Of course things changed when it's the Oilers vs a southern team though. Typical NHL bullshit.

And don't get me started on Pietrangelo only getting one game.
I fully agree with Pietrangelo's suspension being bullshit, I think if Nurse didn't do what he did, Alex gets a longer suspension so they don't have to "even things up", but don't put yourself in that position to begin with.

Anyway, they should be pissed and hopefully wreak havoc this year.

Reactions: OilerTyler

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
On paper this looks like a very astute move. Jackson has experience in a multitude of hockey related positions, is very well thought of in the hockey community, brings a forward thinking perspective to the front office, and is a clear upgrade to what we currently have. His player connections are a bonus. Welcome aboard Jeff, best of luck.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Tbh I think we probably beat Vegas if if weren't for some sketchy reffing in games 5-6 plus some crooked decision making by the DOPS.

It's become pretty apparent to me over the years that the Oilers are going to have to survive a little league mandated "adversity" if we want to win the cup.
I think if Brossoit stays healthy we beat them

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
On paper this looks like a very astute move. Jackson has experience in a multitude of hockey related positions, is very well thought of in the hockey community, brings a forward thinking perspective to the front office, and is a clear upgrade to what we currently have. His player connections are a bonus. Welcome aboard Jeff, best of luck.
Curious what type of management team he builds. Also curious when he'd start doing that.

If Holland is on his way out next summer do you bring in guys now? Or do you wait until the new GM comes so you can build that team together?

Personally I can understand a new GM not being exactly thrilled with a bunch of new hires when he takes the job, but at the same time we really need to start this forward thinking sooner rather than later.

Edit: Wonder what the odds are of Sam Gagner being employed by the Oilers in the next year.

Reactions: bellagiobob

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think if Skinner makes the odd save we beat them
I personally don't know what to make of the whole situation in hindsight.

Round 1 4 of the 5 games are 4 goals against Winnipeg. With a Hellybuyck the goalie.

Round 2 we don't need to debate.

Round 3 21 goals in 6 games against Oettinger

Then finals just an outright slaughter on goaltending.

We probably had the weakest goaltending going into the playoffs, but Vegas made everyone look god awful in net.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Didn't ask.
Guess I needed a winky emoji. Touched a nerve apparently. I hate the Lakers & was having a little fun.

Though Myers like Jackson played elite level basketball then came through the same agency as Jeff Jackson. Hope Jackson can enjoy the enduring success Myers created for the Golden State franchise.

You made the comparison. I commented on it.

;):nod::huh::D:);)

BIeucheeseWithWings

Shlt Poster
Jul 9, 2022
Guess I needed a winky emoji. Touched a nerve apparently. I hate the Lakers & was having a little fun.

Though Myers like Jackson played elite level basketball then came through the same agency as Jeff Jackson. Hope Jackson can enjoy the enduring success Myers created for the Golden State franchise.

You made the comparison. I commented on it.

;):nod::huh::D:);)
It's all good. I should have used an emoji, too. Just a phrase I use in everyday life. Pure smart-ass sarcasm.

I assume the plan is for him to become the GM next season?

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Kobe was Pelinka's client. Agent for franchise player becomes GM of the team. Closer parallel between Pelinka and Jackson. I've said my piece.
I know who Pelinka is. I actually thought that’s a pretty good comparison haha I just didn’t agree with the comment afterwards. Cheers.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
What happens after this year will tell me what I need to know about this guy running the show.

If after Holland goes he just hands the job to Holland junior or Staios then I conclude he is just another in a long list of oiler yes men who rubber stamp decisions made by others.

If after Holland leaves he conducts a totally through search for a GM all through pro hockey he might be the guy to run things going long term.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Truth be told. heh. In fairness though since the Barrie acquisition I was very positive on the path of the oIlers and I was one of the biggest supporters here of the Kane acquisition. So theres been a lot of ecstatic moments. But only one team wins. It kind of bothers me though that we haven't gone farther than we have in the McDrai era. I mean Draisaitl himself on record that it was a "wasted season" he actually said that. I kind of worry about it.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. These guys are mega competitors speaking in the great of the moment. Basically every elite player that's lost in the 2-3rd round in a couple of straight years says the same things.

Just rewind back to 2021:
For sure, I guess there's always next year. I just feel like that's all we talk about, " MacKinnon said to reporters. "I mean, I'm going into my ninth year next year and I haven't won shit, just another wasted season. I'm definitely motivated. It just sucks losing four in a row to a team."

"You know, it felt like last year was our first real chance to win, and this year I thought we were the best team in the league. For whatever reason, we just couldn't get it together. Another wasted season. I don't know. I'm sure in training camp next year we'll figure it out and dissect things and come back better."

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad