Confirmed with Link: Jeff Gorton will Speak Jun 27 5:30pm ET (2:30pm PT)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Interesting that Gorton held this presser instead of our bilingual GM. I didn't see the presser. I'm assuming there was a lot of translation?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Interesting that Gorton held this presser instead of our bilingual GM. I didn't see the presser. I'm assuming there was a lot of translation?

Pre draft meeting was just to get our fan base and media a little calmer but good luck with that. haha.
No way Hughes could do this pre draft. He's far to busy evaluating things and Gorton said there is a lot of conversations going on with GM's. He feels there will be a fair amount of trades based on the conversations out there. Also said the Habs are loaded with assets so that creates more conversations for us. We already kind of knew this though

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Because Hughes massively f***ed up by settting the expectations to the public we would take a forward.

Gorton out there doing damage control now because they probably know we were taking a D.

• Wow
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Didn't he say (or at least strongly imply) that all things being equal we wouldn't take a LD?
Agreed,

He implied that all things being equal that a LD would not be their preference which is obviously the truth but he definitely did not rule out a LD if that is their BPA. The narrative that he will not take a LD is unfounded and comes from a misinterpretation of what he said.

* Anyone else having an issue with posters on their IL escaping/resurrecting.....it is like the Walking Dead around here lol

Reactions: Schooner Guy

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Wow trying to figure why they would even do this. You know they won't divulge anything

1719587006706.png

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Gorton was hired to see the big picture in the hockey ops. and he sure talks that way.

Media and some fans are getting itchy for the rebuild acceleration, but he's like "nah that ain't it y'all".

If the BPA is a D, you take him.
Gorton is a master politician, which is why he spoke first - 5 people have 5-different takes on what he said …. that’s PR mastery

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The only tangible thing I remember Gorton saying is when he said he would not fire Ducharme.

This has been said about every coach by every GM/President at some point leading up to a mid season firing. Are they actually going to say that we aren't going to fire him today but probably soon lol? They wanted to at least make it to the end of the season but it just went completely off of the rails and left no choice for Gorton and Hughes.

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
This has been said about every coach by every GM/President at some point leading up to a mid season firing. Are they actually going to say that we aren't going to fire him today but probably soon lol? They wanted to at least make it to the end of the season but it just went completely off of the rails and left no choice for Gorton and Hughes.
Yeah I know. But in this particular case I thought it was unnecessary . The team was going nowhere . The season was wasted. No one would expect the new GM/VP to fully support the coach in this situation. But he learned from that. He's been perfectly vague and boring since then, hence why this is the only thing I remember him saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad