Confirmed with Link: Jeff Gorton will Speak Jun 27 5:30pm ET (2:30pm PT)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharleyHorse

Sep 28, 2022
These are the worst........you're not getting anything. Jeff is just answering questions without answering them.

Reporter: "Jeff, do you like Borscht?"

Jeff Gorton: "I mean yeah, it's a good meal. It's not something you eat very often, but from time to time it's delicious. It really depends on the time of the year, and how hungry you are, but yeah, i'm not against Borscht."
I, for one, am thoroughly dismayed he didn't coming out with a clear, categorical statement as to who they intend to pick tomorrow - I'm so disappointed with this presser :D

Last edited:

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011
Pretty much say Habs definitely want Demedov. Gorton clearly said there is no similarities between demedov and mitchov scenario. Pretty means to me they pick base on the player last year (not off ice) and still went with Reinbacher.

Also saying that so when they pick Demedov that will say that they pick him because of his on ice play.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Felt like he downplayed Demidov and was happy with Lindstroms medicals. So he probably wants Demidov.
His comment also that scouts always say there is one less player they want compared to the draft position tells me they want one of 4 guys and hope another team takes someone they have ranked lower.

Reactions: dralaf and MarkJ

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Can someone give me a synopsis? I missed it and honestly don’t feel like going through the entire thread lol

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Gorton is saying Hughes is very busy - which is probably true, but I think there's another reason why he's not there. Hughes run his mouth a few times when discussing the draft last year (when being awkward in describing Reinbacher) and this year (when he was a bit too eager to say he wanted to draft a forward). He's still an excellent communicator overall, but he's also a bit too candid for the fanbase overanalyzing tendencies. I feel this Gorton led press conference is a way for the organisation to make sure the expectations are reset.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Gorton is saying Hughes is very busy - which is probably true, but I think there's another reason why he's not there. Hughes run his mouth a few times when discussing the draft last year (when being awkward in describing Reinbacher) and this year (when he was a bit too eager to say he wanted to draft a forward). He's still an excellent communicator overall, but he's also a bit too candid for the fanbase overanalyzing tendencies. I feel this Gorton led press conference is a way for the organisation to make sure the expectations are reset.
makes a lot of sense

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Can someone give me a synopsis? I missed it and honestly don’t feel like going through the entire thread lol

Adapted their strategy to get a better feel for Russian players.
Not worried about Lindstrom back.
Ylonen will not receive his QO.
Barron and Xhekaj will receive their QOs.

Reactions: StCaufield
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad