Rumor: Jeff Carter heading to Switzerland (or not)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The value rubbing shoulders with folks who can advise on how a rich [soon to be former] athlete can benefit from the Swiss financial system, will pay far more in Carter's future than a few more bucks to bang up his body stateside. Play a couple of easy seasons, open up some shell corporations. Lots of synergies for a player to play in Switzerland. :naughty:

I'm surprised more athletes don't move to the Cayman Islands then, because the Cayman Islands are famous for shell companies :laugh:

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Its a beautiful country so I don't blame him. Only seen it briefly from Lake Como, but ya it seems like a heavenly place (with lots of chocolate and good looking women...).
The Alps and the valleys between are really something. That's undeniable.

Though there's something about the huge banking sector and the clientele it attracts, and that in turn tends to beget an air of "easy on the eyes". I guess exactly nobody was surprised at this...

Belgians and Austrians would make a case for the chocolate aspect despite the success of Toblerone. Swedish and Finnish chocolates are very good too, can't say the same for Norwegian and Estonian.

(I have a pension plan in a Swiss bank. Technically it's done as a life insurance with their Lichtenstein affiliate. Tax free in Finland as long as the yearly earnings keep flowing back to the plan. They keep it safe by switching my moola among others between various stock funds and swap rate funds, mostly the latter recently for obvious reason. It's kind of funny to have occasionally an interest in JP Morgan when nobody there would give you the time of day lol.

It was even free to do with a local banker because the Swiss pay them enough provision for new accounts and clients. The big established banks here just screw you over and then can't produce the same way anyway. Visited this Swiss bank once because they make a point of inviting you to come have a visit even if you're pretty freaking modest as far as their customers go. Sort of a pretty stable bank too, their biggest single owner is the Vatican lol.)

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
As soon as he arrives, he should buy an army knife. Then he should take a photo if there's an inscription of 'JT Miller' on the back. :sarcasm:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
He already has his 2 cups, why not?

Because he's on pace for 24 goals, 50 points just at Even Strength. Those are top line winger numbers

Overall he's paced at 34 goals, 60 points per 82 games with the Penguins

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Maybe his wife always wanted to live in Europe? Switzerland is a pretty primo spot to land up in.

Pretty unconventional but hey I get it.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Because he's on pace for 24 goals, 50 points just at Even Strength. Those are top line winger numbers

Overall he's paced at 34 goals, 60 points per 82 games with the Penguins

It's not a requirement to stick around until you're bad. I guess a lot of guys do, but not everyone.

And just because he's producing it doesn't mean it's easy. At this age it takes a lot to go through the 82 games + playoffs. It's possible he feels like decline is around the corner, so you empty the tank with the Pens this year and then retire from the league.

I don't know if the rumor is true or not, and what the reasons would be, but if he feels like he wants to do something new then good for him.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
There's always a first. Before Carter was traded, people were saying he wanted to retire. HC Bern draws like 17,000 fans to the games, and he could easily make like 800k Swiss Francs (stronger than the USD). Switzerland also may just be an attractive place to live/retire. The US and Canada are both a mess.

The travel schedule in the NLA is also a million times better if he still wants to play high level hockey and that matters to him.
Hey, all you have to do is launder Nazi stolen gold and you can be a “nice” country too!!

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
When youve made over 70 mill in your career playing physically demanding NHL hockey I doubt you care when there is the option to chill out with a couple of mills tax free in a beautiful country and play less games a year.
Guess he ain't going to the Swiss league Mr Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad