Confirmed with Link: Jean-François Houle Parts Ways with Habs/Rocket to Coach at Clarkson University

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Should Houle be brought back?

• Yes

Votes: 32 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 72 69.2%

• Total voters

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
That sounds like you are just creating a hedge for your bet. He may very well want to move on if there is a worthwhile opportunity. He has unarguably done a fantastic job in developing and preparing the kids that he has dealt with but if he has aspirations of becoming an NHL coach he will need to run a pro team with his own system and personal stamp on it which he does not have in Laval.

Any fan who is basing their witch hunt on his win/loss record just doesn't get it.....like at all.
Nah not a hedge . I simply was a fool and completely misread the situation hahahah

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
1716992284471.png

• Haha
Reactions: WeThreeKings

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I still wonder what the hold up was. Is this like laval's consolation prize because something didn't work out? If so, did houle want to come back so bad that he's willing to overlook that they were looking at other options?

That's just one scenario but I'm just curious what was going on behind the scenes.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Marciano did a good job with Dobes, glad he is back.

That would be a great choice imo
I'd also take JJD back for an AHL role. He did get quite a bit out of guys who shouldn't have been close to an NHL roster like Lernout, Davidson, Jerabek, Benn, Gilbert, Dietz, Nesterov, Joe Morrow, Douglas Murray, Pateryn, etc.

Guys like Beaulieu, Subban, Emelin, and Petry played their best hockey or broke out under him. Raphael Diaz couldn't even crack a roster after leaving here despite playing top 4 minutes and not looking bad while here.

Obviously it sucked watching half of those guys play, but it wasn't his fault that's what Bergevin gave him.

Reactions: Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Meh, I'm not super crazy about JFH and I felt we could potentially do better, but he's certainly not the worst thing ever. The kids who came up with the big team after a stint in Laval all seem to have the right attitude and work ethic, he's definitely done some good on that front. I can live with him, but I do hope we're going to replace Buchberger with someone good to back him up.

that's how i see it, I'm not a big fan at all and wish they could have had him and Joel Bouchard as co Head Coaches, since one seems to be great with the offense but sucks with the defense and the other great with team defense but sucks with the offense. :eek3::DD

I can't complain because Houle for the most part does what I want to see a AHL head coach do and that's put the Mailloux's, Roy's, Ylonen's, etc.. in the right spots. It's bad news for the Norlinder's of the world as clearly Houle likes certainly types and not others. Will be interesting to see how he does with Mesar next year.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I still wonder what the hold up was. Is this like laval's consolation prize because something didn't work out? If so, did houle want to come back so bad that he's willing to overlook that they were looking at other options?

That's just one scenario but I'm just curious what was going on behind the scenes.
Possible it was on Houle's end, he may have been trying to find an NHL assistant coaching role before committing to the AHL again.

Reactions: JianYang

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

The hold up was most probably from Houle, who might have been looking for an NHL gig. Maybe he had discussions with NHL coaches who might have had interest in hiring him as an assistant coach. And when that didn't pan out, he was willing to sign an extension.

And from Montreal's POV, they expressed their interest in extending him, but also probably gave him the opportunity to explore that avenue while giving him a deadline to when he will give them an answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad