JC's Change Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

We will finally see DeBrincat and Kane together.

Ideally they're going to try and ease Strome into that 2C spot there and eventually replace AA. Strange to see Perlini as "rotating in". Stan just traded for him. He should be playing.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Ideally they're going to try and ease Strome into that 2C spot there and eventually replace AA. Strange to see Perlini as "rotating in". Stan just traded for him. He should be playing.
They both got to practice late just getting in... the few people bothered by their practice spots seems odd.

And they did have an awkward win, but a win and a similar unit of what wound up being some lines are what hes got. Might not put both in after a day of arrival.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
They both got to practice late just getting in... the few people bothered by their practice spots seems odd.
You're right. I jumped the gun a bit. Obviously they would've had the lines penned before these got here so it's not the easiest thing to just slot them in. But Perlini should be playing tomorrow no matter what line he's on.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You're right. I jumped the gun a bit. Obviously they would've had the lines penned before these got here so it's not the easiest thing to just slot them in. But Perlini should be playing tomorrow no matter what line he's on.

I noticed Perlini and Strome playing together at one point yesterday. I'd keep that intact to start and please once and for all can we please sit Kruger!

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I noticed Perlini and Strome playing together at one point yesterday. I'd keep that intact to start and please once and for can we please sit Kruger!

This trade should let us do that.

I would roll these lines and see where it goes.

20-19-40/11
12-17-88
24-15-40/11
84-64-29

You mentioned #11, What about John Madden from the 10 cup team? Loved his leadership and play.

Reactions: BobbyJet

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
if JC plans on playing Strome on the 4th line tomorrow he should just put him in the press box for the game, could be the best case for Perlini too. No sense in rushing things IMO and the last thing Strome needs is to go to a new team and play on the 4th line when he has insane chemistry with his best friend one of our top players. No idea why JC would not automaticly put Strome and Cat together on the third line tomorrow...put Kahun with them, he is decent defensively.
If I was the coach the lines tomorrow would be;

Saad-Toews-Fortin
Perlini- anisimov-kane
cat-strome-kahun
Hayden-kampf-martinsen

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
if JC plans on playing Strome on the 4th line tomorrow he should just put him in the press box for the game, could be the best case for Perlini too. No sense in rushing things IMO and the last thing Strome needs is to go to a new team and play on the 4th line when he has insane chemistry with his best friend one of our top players. No idea why JC would not automaticly put Strome and Cat together on the third line tomorrow...put Kahun with them, he is decent defensively.

Saad-Toews-Fortin
Perlini- anisimov-kane
cat-strome-kahun
Hayden-kampf-martinsen
Swap Hayden and Fortin. Otherwise I wouldn't be too surprised to see this tomorrow.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Swap Hayden and Fortin. Otherwise I wouldn't be too surprised to see this tomorrow.

I did have those two swapped originally then changed it as I think fortin speed helps the jt line and Hayden, kampf, Martinsen line can wreak havoc

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I just can't get worked up over where guys play in any one game. I too want to see the new shinny toys we have but playing a game or two on the 4th line or any other line isn't going to make a difference one way or another.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
For all the people complaining about the lines in practice yesterday, according to this Colliton interview, Strome and Perlini got to practice well after it began. I wouldn't expect them to drop whatever they were working on and instantly integrate the new guys.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Saad-Toews-Fortin
Perlini- anisimov-kane
cat-strome-kahun
Hayden-kampf-martinsen

From what we have seen in a short time the JC blender will be out quickly if he doesn't like what he sees. I won't be surprised to see Cat-Strome together for stints in game one.

Good to hear that JC recognizes that size does matter, especially if utilized properly. That should quiet some of the folks who constantly insist it means nothing.

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
From what we have seen in a short time the JC blender will be out quickly if he doesn't like what he sees. I won't be surprised to see Cat-Strome together for stints in game one.

Good to hear that JC recognizes that size does matter, especially if utilized properly. That should quiet some of the folks who constantly insist it means nothing.

Right, JC doesn't like when players refuse to engage, regardless of size.

It seems to be the reason Sikura is still in Rockford, and part of the reason Schmaltz is now in Arizona.

It's a rational viewpoint.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

then in some respects, JC is doing it differently than Q which is good. however i been arguing that concept for a while and gave up. many have argue on the style of the new NHL where size doesn't matter. hence look at the size of the d-men in the minors for the Bhawks.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Speaking of D-man with size, is Svedberg still in Rockford?
No, he signed a pto in Calgary but wasn't signed.

But I dknt get it. Is ldf trying to say epfkford is small on D? I guess prospect pool but all the guys currently playing in Rockford have size. Lucas Carlsson is the only list 6' guy that's active.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
hopefully sikura takes over schmaltz offensive minutes/points soon enough and we just got deeper. I get more excited every time i think about the possibility of Strome breaking out.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
hopefully sikura takes over schmaltz offensive minutes/points soon enough and we just got deeper. I get more excited every time i think about the possibility of Strome breaking out.

Sounds like Sikura would also take over Schmaltz unwillingness to engage though, that's why he's still down in Rockford.

We should definitely brace ourselves for Sikura never playing for the Hawks and being trade bait.

Not saying I want it to happen, just seems the organization is laying the foundation to make that move by publicly discussing his issues.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
For all the people complaining about the lines in practice yesterday, according to this Colliton interview, Strome and Perlini got to practice well after it began. I wouldn't expect them to drop whatever they were working on and instantly integrate the new guys.

Yeah I really don’t get why people got mad about that. They had a 545am flight through a blizzard to get to the morning skate and they even showed them getting on the ice mid practice. Gotta ease them in.

I think JC reads the boards and is going for the troll now

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Sounds like Sikura would also take over Schmaltz unwillingness to engage though, that's why he's still down in Rockford.

We should definitely brace ourselves for Sikura never playing for the Hawks and being trade bait.

Not saying I want it to happen, just seems the organization is laying the foundation to make that move by publicly discussing his issues.

Way, way, way too soon for that. Understand he's 23, but this is his rookie pro season. Let's see how he progresses. Huge carrot in front of him.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Yeah I really don’t get why people got mad about that. They had a 545am flight through a blizzard to get to the morning skate and they even showed them getting on the ice mid practice. Gotta ease them in.

I think JC reads the boards and is going for the troll now

yeah i mention something about the FO actually responding to this site, according to my way of interpreting their tweets and the timing of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad