JC's Change Tracker

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
really nice to be excited to watch a game. i think im already a strome fanboy without seeing him play (for the hawks)

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
It seems Jeremy is keeping the "puck possession" system around, because unlike the Knights, the Blackhawks players seem to make an inordinate number of horizontal cross-ice passes, sometime through as many as three opposing players, so the passes almost always get broken up or picked off. In contrast, Vegas seems to make mostly vertical (and quick) passes, almost never willing going backwards, unlike what we've seen currently or previously under Quenneville. As Burish pointed out during the first intermission, when a team like Vegas comes at you 500 miles an hour, maybe you need to forget about "puck possession" and make quicker passes going north-south.

Reactions: ClydeLee

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
It seems Jeremy is keeping the "puck possession" system around, because unlike the Knights, the Blackhawks players seem to make an inordinate number of horizontal cross-ice passes, sometime through as many as three opposing players, so the passes almost always get broken up or picked off. In contrast, Vegas seems to make mostly vertical (and quick) passes, almost never willing going backwards, unlike what we've seen currently or previously under Quenneville. As Burish pointed out during the first intermission, when a team like Vegas comes at you 500 miles an hour, maybe you need to forget about "puck possession" and make quicker passes going north-south.
also the roster isnt talented enough to play puck possession at this point. there are only a couple guys on the team now that its worth letting them make plays on there own. Gunna have to start a dump and chase, stack the box on D, and play zone to zone game instead.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I really do hope JC looks at a game like last night and realizes who the trash dmen are. When Jokiharju and Murphy get back, they should not be benched or playing less than 20 minutes under any circumstance.

Keith actually looked okay with Joker. I know he was sick last night, but for whatever reason, JC has been cutting Jokers ice time. That scares the crap out of me.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Saad-Toews-Hayden/AA
Cat-Strome-Kane
Perlini-Kampf-Kahun
Fortin-AA/Hayden-Martinson

I'd use AA on line 1 personally even though I've actually liked Hayden's possession game he's been play there. Using AA gives the line more finish though, as well as hopefully increases his trade value when the time comes.

I don't expect any offense really from line four, just good puck possession and heavy to play against.

Kampf and Kahun are starting to look like they're developing some chemistry and hopefully Perlini clicks with them to chip in some secondary offense.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
First period impressions:
- Strome like molasses on skates. JC had him with Cat for some shifts but he needs to work on that skating, BADLY
- Perlini had a decent period on line 1
- it figures that Kruger scores
- Hayden rewarded for going to net
- Hawks terrible at coverage especially when ops wait for trailer. That needs correction
- CC with anchor down again

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
First period impressions:
- Strome like molasses on skates. JC had him with Cat for some shifts but he needs to work on that skating, BADLY
- Perlini had a decent period on line 1
- it figures that Kruger scores
- Hayden rewarded for going to net
- Hawks terrible at coverage especially when ops wait for trailer. That needs correction
- CC with anchor down again

Wrong thread again Bobby.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
bowman put JC in an impossible spot maybe probably worse then the one he put Q in

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
JC knew what he was getting into when he took the job. Lets not act like this is not part of the actual plan. McD obviously gave the "we are a playoff team" speech but this is clearly a rebuild.

They’re not really fully committing to a full rebuild though and it’s probably going to leave us stuck in mediocrity until we do. Unless this current team is THAT bad to get us a top 3 pick, which they very well might be.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
JC knew what he was getting into when he took the job. Lets not act like this is not part of the actual plan. McD obviously gave the "we are a playoff team" speech but this is clearly a rebuild.

He's probably surprised how hard it is for some guys to pick up something as simple as playing man to man d.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
They’re not really fully committing to a full rebuild though and it’s probably going to leave us stuck in mediocrity until we do. Unless this current team is THAT bad to get us a top 3 pick, which they very well might be.
They’re bottom 5 right now and it’s not like they have any significant pieces out. I’d say they very well may be in the running for a top 3 pick.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
He's probably surprised how hard it is for some guys to pick up something as simple as playing man to man d.
Or maybe man-to-man in the NHL is a stupid f***ing idea that was always destined to fail.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
They’re bottom 5 right now and it’s not like they have any significant pieces out. I’d say they very well may be in the running for a top 3 pick.

Yeah, I still think they’re a bit better than a lot of the teams currently in the bottom 10.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I could see that but these guys have been in the same system for a decade. It is really hard to break tendencies like they have.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yeah, I still think they’re a bit better than a lot of the teams currently in the bottom 10.

I feel like this too. Don't get me wrong, there are real issues with the roster itself, but I still come away thinking they should be better than they are. How many of those goals yesterday were just really bad plays/decisions by players? Forsling on the 1st goal. No one steeping up to play the shooter on the 2nd. Gus' turnover. I'm forgetting the others, but you get the point. A lot of the issues seem to be mental right now, or at the very least they are underachieving their talent level.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I could see that but these guys have been in the same system for a decade. It is really hard to break tendencies like they have.
I can get the anger about it but I disagree it's been long enough. Players who even with a training camp would still take over a dozen games to adjust so Q's systems were ingrained to their nature. Having a decade or seasons of one way is gonna be how you try to react without thinking. And of course plenty of these guys are just bad because theyre slow like Seabs either way .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad