Value of: James van Riemsdyk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Jesus, people need to get their facts straight. Steve Mason was neither moved nor under a bad contract. Mason was a solid goalie for us for years and we chose not to re-sign him at the right time.

So you have Bryz and Lecav, anyone else? Most of the NHL has at least that number of bad FA signings.
I wasn’t the OP but Bryz, Lecav and MacDonald are the 3 that come to mind. The RJ Umberger contract they traded Hartnall for also wasn’t the greatest.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Never understood the notion that JVR was overpaid so he had negative value. Is it a tad much? maybe but is he able to be traded? yeah, 100% he is.

It severely limits the number of teams that would be interested in him without giving salary back, which severely limits the potential for a trade. A team like NJ might be interested though, given their cap space and need for scoring wingers and the fact that he's from NJ, if Philly were willing to deal with NJ.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
The Flyers are terrible at signing free agents! As proof, look at this terrible contract Columbus signed Umberger to. Stupid Flyers.
I disagree I don’t think the flyers were terrible at signing free agents. I think their worst move was Hartnall for Umburger

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I disagree I don’t think the flyers were terrible at signing free agents. I think their worst move was Hartnall for Umburger
This trade had nothing do to with talent. It had to dealt with 4 years left at over 5m cap number. Not my favorite move but come on you can do better than that.

Do a little homework.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
This trade had nothing do to with talent. It had to dealt with 4 years left at over 5m cap number. Not my favorite move but come on you can do better than that.

Do a little homework.
especially since Hartnell had a NMC and picked CBus at the team he would waive for.

And Hartnell was bought out with 2 more years left on his deal...Umberger's with 1
And because of Hartnell's NMC, they had to do the deal with Vegas for expansion and gave away Karlsson and 1st and a 2nd. That 1st was flipped with the Jets and Vegas took Nick Suzuki.

The Flyers got off pretty easy in the Harnell deal in the long run vs what CBus had to do.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
great start for JVR but no one is touching that contract

19g/40pts last year for 7mil? buyer beware...

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
JVR is definately a solid piece just his cap hit is hard to fit in for most teams. His term isnt bad with only 2 years left after this one.

I wish the leafs had cap space to bring him back as he is a really good PP player with good offensive talent. Hes the perfect 3rd line offense guy who plays on top PP in front of the net.

It isn't the term though. 7mil x 3 is a lot of cash to swallow, especially in this era.

I'd taker JVR@50% for Kerfoot+ any day of the week though :)

Reactions: hamzarocks

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
It isn't the term though. 7mil x 3 is a lot of cash to swallow, especially in this era.

And Flyers would pass every day of the week :). Its Early but JVR trying to make a case to keep him and expose Voracek. Doubt it happens but players playing too well are nice problems to have.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
great start for JVR but no one is touching that contract

19g/40pts last year for 7mil? buyer beware...
nice of you to leave out the games played. You guys never do that when talking about Matthews. It's Pace. It's goals/60.

:laugh:

So yes, JVR did that in 66 games. But hey, per/60 he was 33th in the league in goals/60...same as Malkin and MaxP and better than Leon D and Stamkos.

And his pts/60 was at 2.30....41st in the league....SAME AS NYLANDER. 40th was Couturier. 39th was MATTHEWS.

I guess if the Flyers just played JVR the same as Nylander and Matthews, he could almost match them in points. Cool.

:naughty:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
And Flyers would pass every day of the week :). Its Early but JVR trying to make a case to keep him and expose Voracek. Doubt it happens but players playing too well are nice problems to have.
Why can’t you protect both ? Laughton is a ufa who can be resigned after the expansion draft ?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Kerfoot sucks, nobody wants him lol

Before getting upset , answer this, why is he being offered on almost every leafs proposal?

Reactions: Flyer lurker

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Can we just shut this down? I think we get the gist:

"Yeah he's good, but he's an anchor who will never find love in life and die alone"

Reactions: _Del_

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
boy, has he taken a step back this season or what.

2019-2020: 0.60 PPG
2020-2021: 0.76 PPG
this season: 0.36 PPG

a team worst -21. not just a team worst but worst in the entire league. (and yes I know plus minus isn’t extremely reliable but still… when you’re a league worst, your doing a multitude of things wrong)

taking up 7 million in cap space until 2023. bleh.

just 10 points in his last 29 games.
hasn’t even had an assist in his last 15 games… how’s that possible. he’s even playing on the top line with Giroux and Atkinson and also is on PP1

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest

a team worst -21. not just a team worst but worst in the entire league. (and yes I know plus minus isn’t extremely reliable but still… when you’re a league worst, your doing a multitude of things wrong)

Rough season for JVR so far, yes, but the entire Flyers team is struggling.

And as far as +/-, he isn't even the worst on the Flyers, and he is a far cry from the worst in the league, so wherever you are getting your stats from, you might want to find a new source....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad