Value of: James van Riemsdyk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
What do you expect ? Prime assets ? He is a cap dump therefore you are getting cap dumps back unless you are adding value to him
The flyers cap dump is worth more than those two ,and they would be better keeping their own

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
What do you expect ? Prime assets ? He is a cap dump therefore you are getting cap dumps back unless you are adding value to him
While he’s a little overpaid, he still averages 55 points 29 goals a season (currently out playing that average) teams aren’t going to get him for nothing, I don’t see him being traded only way I see him leaving the team is if Seattle takes him because we don’t have the space to protect him

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It's crazy how much money he has made off of being 6'4 and good at tipping picks. If he had any willingness to engage physically and discover where the defensive zone is, he could have been one of the most valuable players in the league.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I see him as an effective, yet overpaid winger.

I'd have to include Eriksson to offload salary for us, at 4,925,000 in the minors, where he belongs.

Then I'd imagine the normal cost for a 2,075,000 million a year, 50-60 point winger, which is a pretty valuable asset. I don't know what the Flyers needs are though, so I won't make push my proposal any further.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

I'd have to include Eriksson to offload salary for us, at 4,925,000 in the minors, where he belongs.

Then I'd imagine the normal cost for a 2,075,000 million a year, 50-60 point winger, which is a pretty valuable asset. I don't know what the Flyers needs are though, so I won't make push my proposal any further.
Our needs are not to trade for Eriksson....so yeah, no sense continuing.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Our needs are not to trade for Eriksson....so yeah, no sense continuing.

I thought that would be a major need.

The problem is 7 million for the next two years (after this year) makes him difficult to move, given the maneuvering most teams have had to do with cap and salary with the flat cap and covid and all that fun stuff. This isn't me saying "well good luck trading him without taking my horrible cap dump", not trading him seems a great solution to that alleged issue, salary and cap would have to be returned one way or another. I frame that as taking something to off set salary/cap, then getting full value for the on ice asset (at least as far as if, and big if, Philadelphia had a need for futures).

Roussel and Beagle would be another inclusion for cap, as they at least play and contribute.

I can keep going, but let me be honest, even I as a Canucks homer know how unattractive these deals would be for the Flyers, even with what can be agreed would be fair value for an expected 30-60 guy.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I thought that would be a major need.

The problem is 7 million for the next two years (after this year) makes him difficult to move, given the maneuvering most teams have had to do with cap and salary with the flat cap and covid and all that fun stuff. This isn't me saying "well good luck trading him without taking my horrible cap dump", not trading him seems a great solution to that alleged issue, salary and cap would have to be returned one way or another. I frame that as taking something to off set salary/cap, then getting full value for the on ice asset (at least as far as if, and big if, Philadelphia had a need for futures).

Roussel and Beagle would be another inclusion for cap, as they at least play and contribute.

I can keep going, but let me be honest, even I as a Canucks homer know how unattractive these deals would be for the Flyers, even with what can be agreed would be fair value for an expected 30-60 guy.
All fair to say. For the Flyers, it should be simple:

Expose him in the ED since they have 7 better forwards that need protecting
If he is taken, we have the top 9 replacement from within(Frost)
If he is not taken, explore a trade for a RHD for the top 4. That can involve JVR or could involve a different forward depending on who is possibly available and their cap hit.

But yeah, no need to trade JVR who is overpaid due to covid, but has produced as expected when signed....for others who are overpaid AND underperforming.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
All fair to say. For the Flyers, it should be simple:

Expose him in the ED since they have 7 better forwards that need protecting
If he is taken, we have the top 9 replacement from within(Frost)
If he is not taken, explore a trade for a RHD for the top 4. That can involve JVR or could involve a different forward depending on who is possibly available and their cap hit.

But yeah, no need to trade JVR who is overpaid due to covid, but has produced as expected when signed....for others who are overpaid AND underperforming.

This is why I always am hesitant to post a trade proposal, I keep thinking the Flyers are all set and then some with D.

If neither are taken in the entry draft, Myers is the closest thing to a top 4 RHD we have available, if 90% of our board is to be believed. If handedness isn't a big deal, Schmidt plays right in our top four, but he would be a significant deal more valuable to us. Our D is a bit of a mess though, so this would be why I'd wait for the entry draft if that's what is needed for JVR.

Reactions: Tripod

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
No, just those three. I wanted to see what sort of player each one of them could include in a swap. I like the rest of the team, except for the mistakes they have on defence (Hagg-Gostisbehere-Gustafsson).

One of those is not like the others.

Just how much do you expect ~25 goal and ~55 point players to be paid going forwards? People call JvR a cap dump like he's a total plug, it's a complete fallacy. It's not like he's got 5/6 years left either, he's absolutely fine.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

They certainly don't want to take on LE's dead weight to unload an overpaid player.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
It's crazy how much money he has made off of being 6'4 and good at tipping picks. If he had any willingness to engage physically and discover where the defensive zone is, he could have been one of the most valuable players in the league.

He's made a career from scoring over 250 goals in the NHL. There's no snotty attitudes to goals in my book!

There was a play-off series against Buffalo i think where he looked like an absolute superstar. He was constantly on the puck and easily the most noticeable player every night. Shame he didn't take that step permanently, but he's still a bloody decent player.

Reactions: SanBlom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad