Confirmed Signing with Link: Jake Virtanen signed with Spartak Moscow/KHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Good riddance.

You just knew he would sign in the big city for the night life

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Canuck fans rejoiced when Virtanen laid out McDavid at their pre-season rookie tournament in 2015, but it was all downhill from there.
I think something like 80% of us were against the Virtanen pick, 10% accepted it, 8% moderately supported it, and 2% are on the Benning payroll to tell us it was a WAY better pick then Nylander and Ehlers

Last edited:

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Too bad it didn't work out with him, after the 2019/2020 season I had thought he was starting to turn the corner. Then, he followed that up with a poor performance in the bubble, a terrible 20/21 season, and then a handful of sexual abuse accusations.

Reactions: sting101

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I think something like 80% of us were against the trade, 10% accepted it, 8% moderately supported it, and 2% are on the Benning payroll to tell us it was a WAY better pick then Nylander and Ehlers

The trade? :huh:

Regardless, those numbers reflect the rough percentages on the Nucks board for every move Jimmy makes.

(although I doubt Jimmy is paying folks to post here or anywhere else)

Reactions: Erub ot Ynligom

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The trade? :huh:

Regardless, those numbers reflect the rough percentages on the Nucks board for every move Jimmy makes.

(although I doubt Jimmy is paying folks to post here or anywhere else)
Whats going on in my mind and what I type are two COMPLETELY different things Stranger ;)

And that final 2% has shifted the goalposts so now the argument is: maybe it was a bad pick, which is former GM Gillis fault, but if we had drafted a better player we would have been a better team and therefore not have Pettersson and Hughes! Benning plays 5D chess!

Jim-Benning-Canucks-1.jpg

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I think this is the same clown that hurt Team Canada with multiple needless penalties and undisciplined play in the 2016 WJC elimination game against Finland. Not at all surprised he is out of the NHL by age 25. Good riddance.

Reactions: BurnabyJoe7

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
He'll be a regular roster player and earn his paycheque but I don't think he'll particularly excel in the KHL. It's usually the smaller skill guys that couldn't handle the physicality of the NHL that do so, but Virtanen is just a physical low-IQ straight line player.

Reactions: Sexy Necksy Garland

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Too bad it didn't work out with him, after the 2019/2020 season I had thought he was starting to turn the corner. Then, he followed that up with a poor performance in the bubble, a terrible 20/21 season, and then a handful of sexual abuse accusations.

I was advocating to trading him at his "peak" which was during the 19/20 season. The Canucks forum is full of people that STILL believe he will break out when it was clear to anyone that he would never be the player they envisioned him to be.

And now he gets to party in Moscow to his hearts' content.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
from a multi-million dollar NHL player to a sub 1 million dollar player in the KHL. This is going to be a pivotal moment for this kid's life moving forward.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I was advocating to trading him at his "peak" which was during the 19/20 season. The Canucks forum is full of people that STILL believe he will break out when it was clear to anyone that he would never be the player they envisioned him to be.

And now he gets to party in Moscow to his hearts' content.

I think trading him in the offseason after the 2019/2020 season would have made a lot of sense. After the terrible performance that he put forward in the bubble, it was more likely that the regular season was a but more of an outlier. But, who knows, maybe the offers weren't there. Every offer that I have ever seen as rumored for Virtanen has always been awful, and as such, it may have made sense to just hang on to him and gamble on upside. I mean, in this case we lost, but hey, that can happen when you gamble!

Reactions: dick341 and Bubbles

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
I think this is the same clown that hurt Team Canada with multiple needless penalties and undisciplined play in the 2016 WJC elimination game against Finland. Not at all surprised he is out of the NHL by age 25. Good riddance.
I definitely thought he was an idiot after I first saw him at the world Juniors and now we know for sure. The dude also would come to camp about 20 pounds over weight each year. Everything you want in a professional, really.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
This kid had all the tools to be a solid power forward in the NHL. Make millions and coast into later life that most of us only dream about. What a complete train wreck of a career. His only saving grace is that he's young enough that maybe some humble pie can knock some sense into him. Chances are it's too late though and we'll never hear from him again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad