Value of: Jake Guentzel (with or without extension)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Because defense has been a major problem for this last few years and they are likely letting Dumoulin walk in FA.

There are a handful of decent wingers to be had in FA that could help replace Jakes offense but Pitt needs to prioritize defense.

Also there’s even a chance Jake walks away in FA after next year if we suck again
Jake and Zucker alone is 63 goals. That's nearly 25% of the entire team's production. Sid and Zhenia's numbers are going to be lower cause they most likely aren't playing 82 games each again.
Who on the ufa list are the Pens going to outbid the rest of the league for that’s going to replace that?

Reactions: Zbynek

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Jake and Zucker alone is 63 goals. That's nearly 25% of the entire team's production. Sid and Zhenia's numbers are going to be lower cause they most likely aren't playing 82 games each again.
Who on the ufa list are the Pens going to outbid the rest of the league for that’s going to replace that?
Feel like we’d have a good shot at Domi and Tarasenko if we have the money.

Kane and Bratt options too

Not to mention if Guentzel is traded for a massive D upgrade that’s less goals in our net we have to make up for

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Guentzel and Petry for Marner and Brodie is an interesting proposal. I don't hate it.
I think Nylander would actually be a better fit in the Pens' top six than Marner.

Marner likes to stir the drink and have the puck on his stick all the time. I don't think that meshes with Sid or Geno, who also want the puck on their stick a lot. Whereas Nylander's more of a hybrid; he can carry the puck and make plays, but he's also capable of being a sniper who gets open and supports the puck carrier.

Both would help tremendously with puck entries on the PP.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Feel like we’d have a good shot at Domi and Tarasenko if we have the money.

Kane and Bratt options too

Not to mention if Guentzel is traded for a massive D upgrade that’s less goals in our net we have to make up for
For what? I don't think the Penguins have anything that interests the Devils.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I think Nylander would actually be a better fit in the Pens' top six than Marner.

Marner likes to stir the drink and have the puck on his stick all the time. I don't think that meshes with Sid or Geno, who also want the puck on their stick a lot. Whereas Nylander's more of a hybrid; he can carry the puck and make plays, but he's also capable of being a sniper who gets open and supports the puck carrier.

I agree Nylander is a better fit but dude is soft as a baby's bottom. If we ship out Jake and Zucker walks that's one of the softest top-6s in the NHL. Even moreso with Granlund slotting in at Zuck's spot.

Pens are so much better off holding onto Guentzel at 6mil for another year and playing with the cap room which they finally have for once.

Exactly.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

We will somehow get both for Jake, Rust, Granlund, Carter and the 14th OA. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad