Player Discussion Jake DeBrusk - will he stay or will he go

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Absolutely. Seeing all kinds of names and lots of varying opinions. Pressure is on to get a good player.
I hope they don't draft another small forward in the first round. WTF? Our President was one of the greatest power forwards in NHL history and yet Sweeney and co. keep drafting small players. In case they haven't noticed, the opposing teams that have eliminated us have generally been bigger and more physical rather than smaller and quicker. Please build future B's teams to be bigger and harder to play against.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I hope they don't draft another small forward in the first round. WTF? Our President was one of the greatest power forwards in NHL history and yet Sweeney and co. keep drafting small players. In case they haven't noticed, the opposing teams that have eliminated us have generally been bigger and more physical rather than smaller and quicker. Please build future B's teams to be bigger and harder to play against.
Agree to a point. You need speed though. Lots of speed. We were too slow to handle Florida's forecheck. Florida is big, but also fast. Big and slow won't get it done any more.

Reactions: Forester65

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
please look up the average height of the bruins last 4/5 drafts

Reactions: BBruins

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

I don't think you've been paying attention to the Bruins drafting under Sweeney if you think they haven't drafted larger players. Frederic, Beecher, Carlo, Lauzon, Lohrei, Swayman, Vladar are all 6'3 or taller who were drafted under Sweeney that have ended up in the NHL. Lauko, DeBrusk, McAvoy, Lindgren, Vaakanainen are all 6 foot or taller in the NHL.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
You still think that’s what he gets as a UFA?

Ya if guys like mittlestadt who are averaging 13 more points a season the last couple years are getting $5.75 AAV then yes I think Debrusk will get less.

I bet middlestadt could have got a little higher going to a bottom feeder might have taken less to compete. If Debrusk wants more I don’t think it will be to a contender.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Still hoping Jake gets re-signed because I don't think they're gonna find a good replacement for him.

Especially when he produces in the playoffs
I see you triple down on this point a lot but for context Jake is on average a half ppg player in the reg season as well as the playoffs - he had a particularly strong post season this year, but that’s bordering on statistical anomaly and his contribution overall isn’t earth shattering

It could be moreso, probably, if he didn’t ghost so often

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Still hoping Jake gets re-signed because I don't think they're gonna find a good replacement for him.

Especially when he produces in the playoffs
NHL network saying DeBrusk the type of versatile forward everyone looking for- one of hottest guys.

Bruins hf jake hater club, he suuuucks lol

I said it once and I will say it again, he will be highly sought after by just about every team in the NHL.

Donny was not wise to low ball him

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

He's definitely gone. Hoping he comes back. But that's not encouraging news.

NHL network saying DeBrusk the type of versatile forward everyone looking for- one of hottest guys.

Bruins hf jake hater club, he suuuucks lol

I said it once and I will say it again, he will be highly sought after by just about every team in the NHL.

Donny was not wise to low ball him

I think once he's gone, many people will realize how much the team will miss him.

I don't think he's worth 7 mill. 6? I would do. Yes.

But shhh. People might think we actually have a club or know each other 😂 When in reality we're just two random ass posters who appreciate a player. 🤷‍♀️

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad