Player Discussion Jacob Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stugots

YNWA
Jan 10, 2009
Upper West Side
Part of me is sympathetic to the personal side of this for Trouba. Just because you have a lot of money doesn't mean things are less stressful. His wife has probably worked insanely hard to get where she is in her field and having to potentially give that up cannot be easy. Add in the fact that they have an infant to take care of on top of that.

That being said, this is the reality of the business. Chris Drury's responsibility is not to Jacob Trouba; it's to do everything in his power to make this team into a Stanley Cup winner. When you have a guy making $8 million a year that is quite clearly not cut out to play more than 3rd pairing minutes against top teams, that is a MAJOR hindrance. As a professional athlete, Trouba had to account for the fact that he could be on the move once his NMC turned into a limited NTC if he was not up to the standard of play that the Rangers needed.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Troubas family being dragged into this is a really bad look. Ugly stuff and makes New York look undesirable. I know money talks, but yikes.

Also nobody kid themselves, the guys in the locker room are going to rally around Trouba.

Well said. I hope this is limited to these boards but I guarantee you that Twitter is even worse right now.

Becoming a neurosurgeon is way more admirable than playing a kid's game for the entertainment of some chuds.
Even more-so when some on here want to strip her of her agency and make her a homemaker. I cannot believe those guys actually went that route.

Part of me is sympathetic to the personal side of this for Trouba. Just because you have a lot of money doesn't mean things are less stressful. His wife has probably worked insanely hard to get where she is in her field and having to potentially give that up cannot be easy. Add in the fact that they have an infant to take care of on top of that.

That being said, this is the reality of the business. Chris Drury's responsibility is not to Jacob Trouba; it's to do everything in his power to make this team into a Stanley Cup winner. When you have a guy making $8 million a year that is quite clearly not cut out to play more than 3rd pairing minutes against top teams, that is a MAJOR hindrance. As a professional athlete, Trouba had to account for the fact that he could be on the move once his NMC turned into a limited NTC if he was not up to the standard of play that the Rangers needed.

All of this just goes back to the CBA. Trouba is free to not report. We (or another team) are fully free to terminate his contract if he does so. We operate in a land of contracts and bylaws. That's just how this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad