Jacob Trouba Elbow On Rodrigues (Fined 5,000 Dollars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
I hate Trouba's antics and honestly believe he is as dirty as most people describe him. There is no doubt he intended to, and, lead with the elbow.

But, I don't see a clear headshot there. I'm sure he missed or maybe it was luck that Rodriguez got out of the way in time but we have seen much clearer headshots before and this one doesn't seem to parallel the impact of those (Torres, Cooke, Perry, etc.).

I could be wrong, this is a fast sport and unsuspecting plays end up being much worse than the play outright shows, but it does seem like the contact was mostly shoulder. Again, I could be wrong, and don't really ever give Trouba the benefit of doubt, but I can't see clear contact to the head.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think they made the correct call

The video doesn't really show the elbow contacting the head. It's mostly (or all) shoulder blade.
If you’ve learned the concept of Object Permanence it’s pretty obvious. Combine that with the reverse angle and it’s clear.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
It's amazing how many times Trouba "accidentally" goes off balance causing his elbow to extend unintentionally.
he’s a terrible skater and can’t move. when he gets beat, which he does often and did here, he did what he could to attempt to impede his man. this wasn’t a “I’m trying to drive you to queer street” play. I honestly believe this is classic hanlon’s razor.

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
What goes on in Trouba’s head you think? I picture it being monkeys banging a drum or something like that. Not a thought behind those eyes. Kinda like Lenny from Of Mice and Men maybe. You ever think he doesn’t intend to injure players he’s just honestly too dumb to know right from wrong? Maybe he needs a helmet too who knows.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
What goes on in Trouba’s head you think? I picture it being monkeys banging a drum or something like that. Not a thought behind those eyes. Kinda like Lenny from Of Mice and Men maybe. You ever think he doesn’t intend to injure players he’s just honestly too dumb to know right from wrong? Maybe he needs a helmet too who knows.
“ I kinda suck at hockey, what can I do to stay relevant and live the NYR lifestyle?”

Is my guess.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
“ I kinda suck at hockey, what can I do to stay relevant and live the NYR lifestyle?”

Is my guess.
*Sean Avery has entered the chat*
1716788599107.png

• Haha
Reactions: notsocommonsense

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
The nerve of a part of Trouba's body keeping people up all night! The nerve of him!

Rangerboy030

Apr 21, 2012
2 for elbowing, 2 for interference....whichever you want to call the penalty, it’s still 2 minutes.
Plus the two for the original slashing call.

Psychic :help:Tara could feel Erod’s (lack of) pain
Interference? By hitting a guy with the puck?

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
Lol. Relevant.

Wonder what he’s saying to himself these days: “how do I stay relevant now that my career is over, I know I’ll follow people around acting like a complete psycho and upload it to YouTube”
Unsuspecting homeless people, his neighbors, Brodeur...he doesn't discriminate who will feel the wrath of his psychosis.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
I love physical playoff hockey, but the guys is dirty with a capital d.

It’s not like he plays hard, finishing everyone with hard clean checks and occasionally gets the timing off.

They’re blatant dirty plays, all the time.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I hope the league reads this thread and agrees. He should be suspended. Maybe even forced to retire so his $8 million per year comes off the books.

If they did that, you’d see how quick all the pearl clutchers here change their tune and want Trouba to play Tuesday and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad