Jacob Trouba Elbow On Rodrigues (Fined 5,000 Dollars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Trouba is a pee wee head contact compared to Bennett punch to Marchand jaw. Karma my friend.
What was your take on Kulikov hit on Wennberg?

When you defend head shot, shirt should not get into the analysis.
Bennett punch also a dirty and stupid play.

Kulikov hit also a head shot and interference.

All 3 plays are dirty. But Trouba’s may be the most prolific and obvious of the past 5 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukeofjive

Foxy

Oct 5, 2020
Too funny the narrative coming in was the Panthers will just bully the Rangers. Like, do you know the players on our roster? Was it dirty? Probably, but who cares? Playoff hockey.

Last edited:

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Bennett punch also a dirty and stupid play.

Kulikov hit also a head shot and interference.

All 3 plays are dirty. But Trouba’s may be the most prolific and obvious of the past 3-5 years.
Then we talk the same. Bennett and Trouba have a same history. They play the game to the edge, and passes the line more often than most. It is up to the league to keep their pants on and take decision.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Then we talk the same. Bennett and Trouba have a same history. They play the game to the edge, and passes the line more often than most. It is up to the league to keep their pants on and take decision.
Agreed. But the League is a joke and can’t make common sense enforcement and punishment of dirty plays like these.

So we are left with a playoffs, where if one of these dirt bag players gets a chance they can take out a player to swing an entire series, and feel like they have no reason not to.

I’m not even really “blaming” Trouba or Bennet. It’s the Leagues fault for allowing their dirty plays and allowing it to be series changing impactful plays.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This was an outrageous decision.

There isn't a whole lot more he could have done to make a dirtier play here.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Too funny the narrative coming in was will the Panthers will just bully the Rangers. Like, do you know the players on our roster? Was it dirty? Probably, but who cares? Playoff hockey.
Yep, On to the next game we go

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
Neutral hockey fan (actually, still bitter Avs fan). That was a 5 min major. Joke of a call. Bit you know the NHL wants the New York market in the playoffs

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
Agreed. But the League is a joke and can’t make common sense enforcement and punishment of dirty plays like these.

So we are left with a playoffs, where if one of these dirt bag players gets a chance they can take out a player to swing an entire series, and feel like they have no reason not to.

I’m not even really “blaming” Trouba or Bennet. It’s the Leagues fault for allowing their dirty plays and allowing it to be series changing impactful plays.
100% agree both are suspensions for me. The NHL will not legislate head shots out of the game, this is their fault and not the players. Although as a Rangers glean I wouldn’t mind if the suspended Trouba.

Reactions: Block

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Neutral hockey fan (actually, still bitter Avs fan). That was a 5 min major. Joke of a call. Bit you know the NHL wants the New York market in the playoffs
But Rangers are objectively better when Trouba is off the ice, and he did get 4 minutes, so as far as in-game punishment goes, he got 1 less minute of penalty and then got to stay in the game and continue to turn the puck over and be on the ice when Panthers scored.

Trouba pks.....is it a coincidence that the Rangers shorty came on the penalty kill that Trouba was in the box for?

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Rsswmu

May 20, 2014
Yes the conspiracy is real that’s why they blew a 2 on 1 dead for a Panthers player that got the wind knocked out of them. Also why they have allowed the Bennett Marchand play. Also why every time Reinhart dives he either draws a penalty or the play is stopped because he may be hurt.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
100% agree both are suspensions for me. The NHL will not legislate head shots out of the game, this is their fault and not the players. Although as a Rangers glean I wouldn’t mind if the suspended Trouba.
Yup the NHL isn’t a serious League. The mere fact that the rules change at random between regular season and playoffs, and even between games in the playoffs points to an issue with officiating and enforcement. And that issue goes all the way to the top to DOPS as well. They literally have no idea what they are doing when it comes to their own rules. Which is why Bettman’s NHL is and has always been a joke.

Reactions: Block

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Too funny the narrative coming in was the Panthers will just bully the Rangers. Like, do you know the players on our roster? Was it dirty? Probably, but who cares? Playoff hockey.
But Wennberg has been in a complete shell since he got steamrolled last game. He was absolutely nowhere to be seen tod-.....

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Yes the conspiracy is real that’s why they blew a 2 on 1 dead for a Panthers player that got the wind knocked out of them. Also why they have allowed the Bennett Marchand play. Also why every time Reinhart dives he either draws a penalty or the play is stopped because he may be hurt.
Please just stop. This is looney toons

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Yup the NHL isn’t a serious League. The mere fact that the rules change at random between regular season and playoffs, and even between games in the playoffs points to an issue with officiating and enforcement. And that issue goes all the way to the top to DOPS as well. They literally have no idea what they are doing when it comes to their own rules. Which is why Bettman’s NHL is and has always been a joke.
Continuing down this vein....what are the rules around reviewing penalties? I don't mean coach challenges, but reviews. Kind of feels like they review some penalties at random. Like the high stick on Zibanejad today. They at least got the call right in the end, but are all penalties reviewable or what? And if so, how do they choose what to review and what not to?

Block

Feb 14, 2005
If they were serious about head contact he'd be gone for the rest of the playoffs and about half of next season, just because it's his 4th attempt to do something like that this year. But they aren't.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
NO it's the players fault. The union can force the NHL to do anything they want. They can insist that headshot should be 10-20-30 game suspensions and work out fines.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Continuing down this vein....what are the rules around reviewing penalties? I don't mean coach challenges, but reviews. Kind of feels like they review some penalties at random. Like the high stick on Zibanejad today. They at least got the call right in the end, but are all penalties reviewable or what? And if so, how do they choose what to review and what not to?
I believe they have the ability to review any calls that could potentially be major penalties. So head shots falls in this perview. I didn’t catch the Rags game today, but guessing that highstick could have potentially been a head shot?

They don’t ever review minors. Which is where the majority of ref mistakes happen.

I’d classify the whole review system as more shitty and dumb rules by the NHL.

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Jeez. Had his elbow out for so long wasn’t even trying to hide that.

Mark Messier elbow award
He was caught leaning the wrong way with too big of a gap when puck popped right onto Erod stick. He made a desperate attempt to stop Erod from walking right in on goal. All he could do was lunge at him, and he led with his elbow.
I don’t think it was a malicious intentional attempt to crack him in the head. Just a poor, kind of reckless play made in desperation to prevent a goal. It happens during playoff hockey. If he doesn’t hit the shoulder first before any head contact he’s probably gone from the game, though.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Please just stop. This is looney toons
No it is the only explanation why some teams get away with MUCH more than others. Why is rempe not allowed to touch the ice without a penalty and a player like Bennett regularly gets away with cheap shots.

He was caught leaning the wrong way with too big of a gap when puck popped right onto Erod stick. He made a desperate attempt to stop Erod from walking right in on goal. All he could do was lunge at him, and he led with his elbow.
I don’t think it was a malicious intentional attempt to crack him in the head. Just a poor, kind of reckless play made in desperation to prevent a goal. It happens during playoff hockey. If he doesn’t hit the shoulder first before any head contact he’s probably gone from the game, though.
STOP. He may have led with his elbow but he connected with his arm and initial contaadct was CLEARLY shoulder.

• Haha
Reactions: DearDiary
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad