Jacob Trouba Elbow On Rodrigues (Fined 5,000 Dollars)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I didn't see any penalty there, he shouldn't have got anything. "It was just a collision".

Last edited:

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
I think they chose to not give a major because he was already getting the slashing penalty, which is everything that is wrong with officiating. Also no suspension incoming because… playoffs.
Trouba being allowed to play is more than enough punishment for Rangers and their fans.

• Haha
Reactions: tlk and egelband

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Jacob Trouba sneaky elbow strikes again. Amazing how the refs only gave a 2 minutes on this one. I have no idea how he wasn't kicked out of the game... I guess Trouba's reputation as a "squeaky clean player" came through for him here. Joke of a call by the refs.

Lol. Elbow hit his neck after grazing his shoulder. Rodrigues then faked being hurt laying on the ice for 3 minutes while clearly nodding his head while face down on ice to the trainer that he was fine. He was so hurt and got his clock cleaned so hard that he was back on ice for the next shift

Players should be allowed to swing their stick like McSorley on players who elbow like this.
We can all agree on a few things here I hope

1) e-rod faked being hurt
2) lombergs head shot on vesey was far more predatory and dirty
3) kulikov’s head shot on wennberg was far more predatory and dirty

2, 3 and troubas hit are all apart of playoff hockey and none sussy worthy

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Wow, lots of fans of teams that have been done for over a month are chiming in on the team that is up 2-1 in the ECF…

Clearly shows Trouba was beat and tried to elbow the guy to slow him down. But it doesn’t show he was targeting the guy’s head.

That's the whole issue. He was beat and stuck out his elbow as a last ditch attempt with no regard. It's a really dangerous play regardless of what the final result was.

That mindset is what led to that gruesome mclaren/zednik incident.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
That's the whole issue. He was beat and stuck out his elbow as a last ditch attempt with no regard. It's a really dangerous play regardless of what the final result was.

That mindset is what led to that gruesome mclaren/zednik incident.
Wait youre comparing a simple obstruction of a chicken wing to the neck to mclaren/zednik? You might wanna watch both again. For reference here is mclaren/zednik

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Is there no compassion for Trouba? Can you imagine the beating his elbows have taken? He'll probably need elbow replacement surgery by the time he's 40.

• Haha
Reactions: wraithsonwings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad